Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic Duel World Cup 2016

Ro,

I'd like to foolishly dispose of €150 to Smilecythe and Mossepo the cup.

I also suggest you guys advertise this around, reach for greater than 32 players! (And get someone decent to stream pls)

e: /q matuka on irc

Not sure if I have the time to play, possibly I do though cause fiancee is now working weekends Wink

I'll most likely donate some coinage to the tournament, I'll speak to thimo about this later tonight if possible.

Are servers etc set up already, if you need servers let me know and I'll rent a few for the cup.

Goodluck all.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I guess there's no need to rent servers. We got it covered. There are many duel servers including mine, which is very stable and best (ping) for NA / EU.

Thanks to [Image: 136.gif] matuka for 150 EUR!

Any more donations you should start adding to on top of the current prizes now I think.

Cool to see 5th - 6th get a little sum also now.

Anything below 20 EUR is pretty pointless though. Not cuz "it's not any money", but because depending where you send it off to, it might cost as much to just transfer it.

(02-29-2016, 03:16 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Anything below 20 EUR is pretty pointless though. Not cuz "it's not any money", but because depending where you send it off to, it might cost as much to just transfer it.

That is true Smilecythe. Might be better off offering a steam voucher/credit worth 15-20euro instead?

Nice to see a decent prize pool and prizes though Smile

acerspyro here, I suck but I'm in anyways. Cuz fuck it. That's why.

Magician from Germany. I'm In and i'll try to persuade my buddy to also join..

Greetz

I see some new faces, and they not beat me in duel's, this is unacceptable. Sign me up, so new players will able to feel taste of victory!
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

@Smilecythe, atleast thru säästöpankki, as i've donated a few times on the past for various purposes, it has been like 2euros fee for it, quite few i'd say Big Grin

Might vary a lot and probably it would be more expensive if transfered out from european union, dont know that. Always can find out.

Oh well, count me in. Guys like King kojn can probably make my ass bleed in game, but I won't make it an easy one for Finko. Cool

Sorry, folks, but I realize that I may not be able to play... I will not be at home before 1pm (13.00), Paris UTC, and I'll have to drive 3 hours in the afternoon. And I'm not sure when I will be free Sunday (because of eastern meal, and French feast meals are veeeery long)...
So, before I ask to unsubscribe, I would like to know how exactly the cup will be organized. When will the first matches take place, and what happens next ? (not sure how lower/upper brackets work :/)

It will probably start at 19:00 CET on Saturday and we try to get as many matches played as possible.

It is planned to have the Semifinals (Winner & Lower Bracket) and Finals on Sunday - respectively the rounds that could not be played on Saturday.

Double Elimination: Everyone starts in the Winner Bracket, if you lose a match you will drop to the Lower Bracket. You can still battle through it into the Grand Final. If you lose in the Lower Bracket you are out of the tournament.

So you play minimum 2 matches and the maximum (Grand Final) depends how good you do. Big Grin

Sign me up! Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

Too many good players, I can't not play.

Sign me up!

Time to steal ZEROQL's candy again Cool

I'll sign up.

One more question: For the grand final, will the guy from the winner bracket have an advantage over the guy from the lower bracket? Like being able to drop 1 map or something.... didn't see it in the original post...
Thanks in advance!
LoverTaleb

I am not quite sure but I think Mirio told me something about that yeah.
I think it was the same in Reversion Cup.
[Image: 9214.png]

Quote:* Semifinals, 3rd. place decider and Grand Final will consists of best of 5 maps and the winner bracket finalist will automaticly have 1-0 advantage.
This means that the winner bracket finalist will have to declare which map he gets the advantage from.

I think the +1 map advantage is ok, if it was bo7 for the grand final. Feels like the final can quite easily just be 2 maps now and then it's done, bit disappointing.

Are the brackets going to be seeded, or random by the way?

Why no group stage also by the way? I would of thought that would of been the easiest way of organising / getting matches played.

Russia, "The Multiplicative Identity"

P.S. Why is the announcement missing in http://www.xonotic.org/posts/ ? I was told by a server message, and I thought, like «I never tried, why not?». When I started searching for info, the main page of the site or its «blog» was obviously the one where I expected to see the announcement. It would probably be nice to add it there.

(03-04-2016, 05:51 AM)N1mbus Wrote: One more question: For the grand final, will the guy from the winner bracket have an advantage over the guy from the lower bracket? Like being able to drop 1 map or something.... didn't see it in the original post...
Thanks in advance!

Yes. The person from winner bracket will drop one map as default win. It is written in the original post =)

(03-04-2016, 04:53 PM)kojn^ Wrote: I think the +1 map advantage is ok, if it was bo7 for the grand final. Feels like the final can quite easily just be 2 maps now and then it's done, bit disappointing.

Are the brackets going to be seeded, or random by the way?

Why no group stage also by the way? I would of thought that would of been the easiest way of organising / getting matches played.

I will talk with thimo + Mirio about bo7 in the grand final on Sunday. It is an good idea. We also need to keep in mind that it is 34 players signed up at this very moment and the majority of players have school/work commitments on Monday.

The brackets will be seeded, yes.

We were actually considering group stage in the "planning phase" but we agreed to stick with brackets since we have good experience with that from previous tournaments. Next time maybe? Smile
[Image: 65153.png]

thearcoN I'm sorry, seems like PM system is broken. I sent two replies, every time server told that they were successfully sent, however the field «Sent To» says «N/A (not sent)». Probably a bug.

I wanted to say: yeah, count me in.

thearcoN no, it is not «Constantine», it is
(03-05-2016, 02:44 AM)Constantine Wrote: Russia, "The Multiplicative Identity"
Big Grin

(03-05-2016, 02:52 AM)thearcoN Wrote: We were actually considering group stage in the "planning phase"
Nooo nooooo, let there be one giant bracket please.

Those are tits: http://challonge.com/thccup1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Defrag World Championship 2023 Mirio 10 3,368 11-14-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  RJZ Xonotic Duel League 2023 h0tc0d3 0 989 11-30-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: h0tc0d3
  Xonotic Defrag World Championship 2022 Mirio 9 5,987 11-29-2022, 01:30 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 15 7,207 02-02-2022, 03:06 AM
Last Post: hotdog
  MAP POLL for the Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 0 2,139 12-13-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: SpiKe
  Xonotic Defrag World Championship 2021 Mirio 7 4,645 11-15-2021, 11:58 AM
  ZenSports x RJZ 2v2 TDM cup #1 RazorDodger 0 1,237 08-18-2021, 02:12 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  Ranking Duel 1 Tournament | Xonotic League 20 Kotangens 3 2,556 01-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  Xonotic Defrag World Championship 2020 Mirio 17 9,840 11-26-2020, 09:52 AM
  [FEFU] Xonotic LAN Duel Cup AriosJentu 1 2,171 10-12-2020, 03:08 AM