Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Yet another physics and balance revamp

I was thinking about doing a balance and physics configuration for some time, particularly one that would promote more styles of movement for fighting and work well with vehicle CTF maps as well as Xonotic's normal arenas. Taoki talking about getting to work on a configuration awhile back along with Hutty getting his ideas on the forum and getting to work on his configuration inspired me to actually have another go at this. This will be more or less an alternative set aimed particularly at people looking to do both vehicle CTF and traditional Xonotic maps on their servers, not really intended to replace the current default. The following is what I'm aiming for:

Physics and movement changes
---------------------------
Running speed/ground movement
---------
Running speed slightly sped up to emphasize on foot movements for fighting and using the jump key for dodging or getting past obstacles. Bunnyhopping is no longer your only means of moving around.

Bunnyhop/ski movement
---------
Reserved primarily for longer distance travel as doing this makes it easy to hit obstacles as well as making your movement more predictable. Skiiing can be accomplished via bunnyhopping downhills/terrain.

Misc
---------
Trickjumps can still be accomplished just as they were before using weapon splash damage, ramps in the enviroment, etc. Jumping will be used largely for exactly that, not just for traveling flat planes via bunnyhopping.

Jetpacks
---------
There will be two types of jetpack in Xonotic. One of them requires fuel to operate (most likely to reserve it as a super item for deathmatches) while the other will recharge in a manner similar to what is in Tribes (Allowing for large scale team VS team battles).

Weapon Roles, they will still largely act the same with slight tweaks
---------------------------
CORE
-------------------
Blaster
------
Ammo: N/A
Role: Movement aid, mobility disruption, desperation weapon

Shotgun
------
Ammo: Shells
Role: Close range hitscan, melee

Lightning Gun
------
Ammo: Cells
Role: Mobility disruption/finishing weak opponents

Mortar
------
Ammo: Explosives
Role: General purpose grenade launcher, good for finishing combos

Electro
------
Ammo: Shells
Role: Getaway weapon, ambush weapon

Crylink
------
Ammo: Plasma
Role: Bouncy projectile shotgun/anti-air, anti mobility

Hagar
------
Role: General purpose spam weapon, good for pinning enemies

Rocket Launcher
------
Ammo: Explosive
Role: General purpose rocket launcher

Nex
------
Ammo: Cells
Role: Long range railgun

SUPER WEAPON
--------------------
Fireball
------
Ammo: Weapon specific
Role: Explosive/burn damage projectile, fire starter, balance wrecker

VEHICLE AND TERRAIN CTF
--------------------
Mine Layer
------
Ammo: Explosive
Role: Anti-Vehicle

NEW TOYS
--------------------
HLAC
------
Role: Super Spammer, made redundant by the Hagar

Machine Gun
------
Ammo: ?
Role: Finishing hitscan weapon, replaced by lightning gun

Rifle
------
Ammo: ?
Role: Sniper Rifle, made redundant by Nex

WTF IS THIS
---------------------
Fk'n Tuba
-----
Ammo: N/A
Role: Thrown in just for the hell of it, can cause damage by making opponents' ears bleed
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I would love to see a crouch slide in xonotic for quickly passing though small holes, as for the other things, I think they would make xonotic movement too easy. I would have to try them out before judging too harshly.

hutty, in one game they had crouch sliding and it was hell, it was impossible to kill a player and it was to op and everyone spammed it.

(04-27-2016, 11:46 AM)hutty Wrote: I would love to see a crouch slide in xonotic for quickly passing though small holes
Can already do this by holding crouch and jump without losing speed. You need to fit in the crack first though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,842 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Updating damage indicator on damage instead of creating another indicator rafallus 1 2,146 10-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Casual vanilla balance martin-t 59 38,002 09-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Beemann
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,833 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,918 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] Reversion Balance - Feedback / Suggestions asyyy 0 3,265 10-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Overkill mod: Nex balance issues unfa 12 12,507 06-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] In game physics poVoq 14 14,765 04-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Dial Indicator, Threat Detector, Tactile Feedback and Impact Physics MkThUnderwd 18 20,065 04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hutty
  [SUGGESTION] Share your opinions only on weapon balance! rocknroll237 67 52,626 02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo