Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Hooks and Guns

Thumbs Up 
This is my own funny game mode idea, which I call "Hooks and Guns."
Basically it's CTF except:
  • Half of each team are the "hooks": they can only use their grappling hook to move.
  • The other half of each team are the "Guns": they can move, but they can't capture the flag.

Feels unfair, obviously the hook team will win due to speed.

I said each team, not that their are different teams is divided - but thanks anyway

What happens when there are only 3 people playing, 2 in the yellow team and 1 in the orange team? What role will the orange player have?

Would both roles have the same physics/movement balance? Perhaps it's time to think about the weapon and physics balance in Xonotic?

Otherwise great idea.

How to pick the role, is there an interface for that? Is the decision fixed until respawn or per match? Should you have a forced role distribution or let everybody pick freely?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

What Physics would the game mode use? Where the spawns be? And what about weapon balance and hook balance so it's fair? And what about the teams we can't have the beginners on the beginners team and pros on the pros team. It has to be bala

(05-27-2016, 09:03 AM)Halogene Wrote: How to pick the role, is there an interface for that? Is the decision fixed until respawn or per match? Should you have a forced role distribution or let everybody pick freely?
Well picking freely might result in a bit of a low balance honestly. I think the best solution would be random distribution, but maybe people could have a kind of "grab-it-first" kind of thing to pick their roles

(05-27-2016, 12:39 PM)Beagle Wrote: What Physics would the game mode use? Where the spawns be? And what about weapon balance and hook balance so it's fair? And what about the teams we can't have the beginners on the beginners team and pros on the pros team. It has to be bala
Yes, there would be an even random distribution of even players on each team.
For example, if red team had 4 players, 2 players would be "hooks" and 2 "guns" and blue team would have the same amounts.
I think that if there were an odd number of players, there would probably be more "gun" players than "hook" players
And with one person in a team that person would probably be a "hook" player so the game is playable

Good job forums cutting my post * sigh *

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Orange base and blue base instead of red and blue base? kay 24 19,283 06-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Last Post: divVerent