Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

I'll upload it when I'm done...
I'm also waiting for Strahlemann to review it first.
Thanks for the very positive reactions Big Grin

i just have to say guys that you guys are f,,king awesome!
i find it amazing you guys making this stuff!

the time you guys give to this game making all them maps and stuff makes me feel very proud of you lot and the community Smile

so thank you very much!

(i wish i could play a part in maps.... but ill just stick to crappy tunes , also dont forget im here to try make some tunes for any map)

:^

:O

What up Xonotic commies.

Comin' at ya with some 3d concepts ... well concept. Hope you like it. C&C appreciated.Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How long is a piece of string?

Added a cvar which allows you to adjust the font size of the notify panel.. by default it's just way too big and so you can't see the text.

[Image: hgsyergzdt2btzjes9_thumb.jpg]
[Image: v63wdbkmpkptt0wjdwq_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 34h04wwxk4luipc3tlbx_thumb.jpg]

0.8 is what I propose -- thoughts anyone?

low poly (3841 tris) with normal and AO map
[Image: gjwnuzh16yy7kfn5y6c_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 6w7rxsoykhd1e1duygg3_thumb.jpg]

sputnik that is fantastic. That is a very interesting take on the electro. If you have any questions about exporting, etc (though you seem to know that already) don't hesitate to ask me.

EDIT: i should say this. at first glance it looks more like a crylink to me (which is a more needed model as the electro is pretty good as it is now)

Looks alien for sure, reminds me of maybe Halo or something Gothic. You have skills.

Did you model this in Blender? What exporter did you use?

That's probably the most interesting and original design I've ever seen in either nexuiz or xonotic, simply fantastic, good job.

(02-17-2011, 07:18 PM)sputnik Wrote: low poly (3841 tris) with normal and AO map

O-M-G. That is all I can say Heart

That's exactly the style of weapons I hoped Xonotic would start going for. Very nice to see it happening!

Damn is that a new electro? That thing looks sick, far better than the current one.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(02-13-2011, 08:23 PM)Samual Wrote: 0.8 is what I propose -- thoughts anyone?

I think the text I can read looks OK, but make sure to actually use the standard font and not your custom one when determining a default value Wink

Superb sputnik, keep up the great work!

NEW ELECTRO??? <3333
*.* :O

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I remember having a conversation with Dib regarding the style of weapons, and how we were thinking of making some weapons look like they are of human origin and some weapons look like they are of alien origin. This is already sort of going on, but we would like to expand it.

so do you think you could keep that up, sputnik, and model a series of weapons in that style?
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Definitely looks great, the quality in the game just keep's getting better and better.

I'd like to see a new Rocket launcher to be honest.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

what, like this?

[Image: RocketLcunaher.jpg?t=1298060467]
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

That looks much better then the current one!

All these new model's I see are a step up in both term's of quality and visually fitting of a FPS game.

I really like that model theShadow for a RL!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(02-17-2011, 07:18 PM)sputnik Wrote: low poly (3841 tris) with normal and AO map

First, I was like WHAT THE F*CK?!

Second, I was like WHAT THE MAJOR F*CK?!

I've dropped my jaws, literally! Exclamation
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Good work, theShadow, I like the details on the RL.
I always thought the rocket and bullet weapons should be human-looking and the plasma weapons should be alien, kind of makes sense that we would expand off our current technology.

*Sees rocket launcher and thinks about how satisfying it would be to blast something with that... BIG GRIN*
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

@theShadow - that RL looks way better then current one. GJ.

kjashd0yashuiaWHYFWodjuaGDOJASHDHOAJSJFDHA

Edit: Sry. I jizzed to my keyboard. I had to clean it.

Ok, a more detailed reply. I think Xonotic needs weapons in exactly the style and detail of this new Electro model. Round, smooth, alien-looking, etc. Like the weapons in Unreal Tournament 3 (a video that shows its guns well) or a game called Section8 that I randomly found some good example screenshots of (link, contains pictures of two weapon models). IMO, this is just the style of weapons Xonotic needs to go for with all guns! Smile

Experimenting with NeoTextureEdit to making procedural textures which tile and join seamlessly.
This is not texture blended (although that may be better i guess). All blending was done procedurally and exported as images. I think i may actually use this technique.

[Image: rr4wpw5m61jioyrs38jj_thumb.jpg]

Showing the handmade quad soup.
[Image: q1j5chglpwzgou86tbeb_thumb.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,048 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,761 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe