Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

Hmm. I think that those are way too big and glaring being on HLAC weapon impact. As you can see, the walls are way too egregious while you shoot loads of HLAC beam. But for laser, I think they look great. Smile

I always though that nex needed molten impact...
But honestly, these look kind of like coral... ...perhaps it looks different in-game.

Would be a whole lot better and easier if darkplaces could support glowmaps for this stuff.

Also what Exitium said, don't spam it on weapons that spam... use on weapons like nex, electro, MAYBE laser.

Yep i also think that they're too big. And is it possible to change the color while fading ( like from nearly white over red to black or smth.)
Very cool nevertheless!

[Image: minigun-1.jpg?t=1309215365]

machinegun concept
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Actually you could go all the way and make it an underhand model like the seeker, I always liked those. Anyway, looks like it would actually put out the dmg the mg does under Samuals balance Smile

But we need a better sound than that pop gun, specially if we use this awesome thing. It's like a dual minigun.

(06-27-2011, 05:58 PM)theShadow Wrote: machinegun concept

I LIKE.

I like too, maybe a stronger base for the handle.

(06-26-2011, 08:06 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: AWESOME DECAL-RELATED STUFF

So it is possible to have the game draw models for decals? That opens up quite a few possibilities to improve the game's look.. imagine having rockets and other explosives leaving cracks (assuming the models can be normal-mapped) and craters in surfaces they hit.

(06-27-2011, 05:58 PM)theShadow Wrote: machinegun concept

Awesome
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I wouldnt say this model is bad, theShadow, but personally I think its too minigun-like. Tongue

Im not sure if this should look like the Fireball, is it wanted to look somehow similar?

@debugger: that's because it IS a minigun. that's the point.

and the handle is temporary, but I put it there because most miniguns have a handle like that.

Imgur Gallery

i like that concept a lot!
but: will it rotate in the end?

that would be the plan, yes.

Imgur Gallery

Nice to see an animated weapon model! Big Grin I'm not sure if two barrels looks so good, however. Have you tried making only one in the middle instead? Apart from the looks, bullets (as well as the muzzle flash) also spawn in the middle, so they would be weird like that odd IMO (two spinners sideways and muzzle flash / bullets coming from between them). Some code might fix that, but I wonder if it would be worth it.

Here is the stats web application (and corresponding database) I've been working on for quite some time now. No styling is applied in these shots, but since [-z-] is working on that I'll have some better looking stuff in the future. For now focus on the data that can be collected and correlated!

[Image: rwEEH.jpg]

[Image: ZAkHq.jpg]

[Image: Entv5.jpg]
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Antibody Wrote:...
So is sign up going to be required? Or is this per-server, like the race server was (with the "unregistered player" thing if you denied it)? Or more like Xfire?

Anyway looks really comprehensive Smile Good work.

Farewell is getting a makeover Smile

[Image: 8uajw99rv7eqoni0pc4n_thumb.jpg]

Of course most of you have played the prerelease already. If not, the public release will be out in about a month Smile

@nowego4 - the idea is to have centralized stats. Servers send information via signed HTTP POST requests to the web app (pyramid based), which then populates a postgresql database for long term storage. At the moment no signup is required, but I want to include that feature to allow personalization. Right now privacy is controlled by two cvars that can be set client-side. One (cl_allow_uidtracking) controls whether or not to track your client uniquely via a hashkey, and the other (cl_allow_uid2name) controls whether your name is shown or not. If both are turned off you are completely anonymous and will show up as "untracked player" on the webapp scoreboard listing.

(06-28-2011, 09:09 PM)Antibody Wrote: "Picture 1"

Will there be stats for each gamemode (also leaderboards whos best in DM, CTF etc.) as well? Smile Very nice work!

@Mirio - I have the data stored in the database and can slice & dice it in whatever ways make sense!

To be honest, that 'machinegun' concept looks the tits! (thats good btw), Will like to see it also animated/revolve.

Can we change the name of the machinegun then, to something else..regardless, that's the kind of model that the gun needs Big Grin
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

[Image: ja7gBs.jpg] [Image: q1t41s.jpg] [Image: Aeekks.jpg] [Image: 1Lp8Us.jpg][Image: Am65ts.jpg]

early shots of a ons map (control point structures)

(06-29-2011, 02:47 PM)tZork Wrote: [Image: ja7gBs.jpg] [Image: q1t41s.jpg] [Image: Aeekks.jpg] [Image: 1Lp8Us.jpg][Image: Am65ts.jpg]

I like! Will be around to see more of that map Smile

(06-28-2011, 09:34 PM)nowego4 Wrote: Farewell is getting a makeover Smile

I can't really say I like Farewell as an industrial map. I was hoping it could stay a castle, and follow the same style as in Nexuiz. After all, we need some maps like that too, not everything looking the same (metal facilities with lots of pipes and devices, like all current maps are). I was thinking that retextured Farewell could be the first gothic map for Xonotic even.

(06-28-2011, 09:34 PM)nowego4 Wrote:
Antibody Wrote:...

Farewell is getting a makeover Smile

Of course most of you have played the prerelease already. If not, the public release will be out in about a month Smile
I've play it yesterday night on a server and it tooks me about 5 minutes to recognize farewell :-) Hey good job I like this remake.
(06-24-2011, 07:09 PM)Strahlemann Wrote: Leeloo, this looks promoising. But it seems like you have no lighting going on at all. i can't tell a single shadow on your first blue map screens. What are your compile settings?

I had a "broken" netradiant, I did not know that and the time to compile was about 2 minutes and I tought it was a normal time for this job. I builded a new netradiant and omg it is so long to compile and I have some error messages as a ton of "WARNING: Hit per-surface style limit (4)" and " **WARNING: Styled light found targeting light15" that I will have to find out how to correct this situation. I am NOOB that can just copy-past stuff, for now! :-) + I am learning how to use blender to make some custom brushes. My maps will be ready in only about 10 months I guess :-) Well, I like that and I 'll keep going.

(06-29-2011, 02:47 PM)tZork Wrote: [Image: ja7gBs.jpg] [Image: q1t41s.jpg] [Image: Aeekks.jpg] [Image: 1Lp8Us.jpg][Image: Am65ts.jpg]

Looks nice, I like your solar panels. I will have to make some for one of the map I work on it. I am fighting with blender for now, I need a landscape.

Wait what? Styled lights? Did you try to make flickering light sources? And did it work anywhere? (although I doubt it, but who knows)

[-z-] has applied some style to the data elements in my stats web application! I think it looks great, but I'll let you all be the judge(s):

[Image: 2BrXUl.png]

[Image: xUCNfl.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,073 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 153,647 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe