Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

I don't want to be repetitive, Maddin, but I have to:
Well done! That's how true maps should realy look like!

The character of maps (some green areas, rocks and metal) fits Xonotic perfectly indeed.
Also: +1 for using Blender!

Cool! As much as I like the idea of making it a snow map, this is looking good. The only thing I noticed is that you put a red light under the health object... and while this looks great for DM, it looks a little weird when playing LMS or CA. Just a detail.

Are you using 2.49, or did you dig up a working exporter for Blender? And checking solid doesn't cut vis portals does it?

(05-02-2012, 01:11 PM)nowego4 Wrote: Cool! As much as I like the idea of making it a snow map, this is looking good. The only thing I noticed is that you put a red light under the health object... and while this looks great for DM, it looks a little weird when playing LMS or CA. Just a detail.

Isn't that just typical glow from a health powerup?
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

Yeah the red glow, heh, I know it looks weird. Was just for testing... will be removed. Big Grin

I am using Blender 2.62 (the newest one is 2.63) with Mr. Wonko´s md3 exporter.

nowego4 Wrote:And checking solid doesn't cut vis portals does it?
Nope. It´s still an entity and therefore behaves like a detail brush and doesn´t affect the VIS portals.

very very nice

Okay, it's getting too long between posting, and sadly progress as well (university work is getting in the way). anyway, tried telling myself to leave the shotgun models alone, but as you can see i lost that battle. experimenting with colour palettes, this one is the red team highlight, trying to find a highlight for the neutral. taking suggestions on other colour palettes as well. hope you like (refrain from cumming if you do Tongue).

.png   shotgun_03_front.png (Size: 70.36 KB / Downloads: 386)

.png   shotgun_03_side.png (Size: 54.16 KB / Downloads: 379)

.png   shotgun_03_fps.png (Size: 49.73 KB / Downloads: 376)
How long is a piece of string?

Impressive work! It´s getting good so far! Smile

But I would rather think of a rocketlauncher than a shotgun of this model. Like that one of Unreal Tournament 2004, you know?

Quote:I would rather think of a rocketlauncher than a shotgun of this model.

I agree with Maddin. It's awesome btw.

PS Looks like it would fit well in the Overkill mod!

(05-03-2012, 12:35 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote:

YES! I agree with both previous guys! Its impressive btw.

Too much details IMO. Reduce them and make it more 'solid' and 'stocky' if you know what I mean!

You got a good point there Justin! For Overkill it fits perfectly imo but for the normal game it should be more solid. Wink

(05-03-2012, 01:15 PM)Justin Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 12:35 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote:

YES! I agree with both previous guys! Its impressive btw.

Too much details IMO. Reduce them and make it more 'solid' and 'stocky' if you know what I mean!

I agree with what you last said, it's too detailed for regular stuff Tongue

It looks quite badass though, maybe an entirely new weapon for overkill? Some kind of superweapon?
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

Would be awesome as model for the new LG

Not sure i get what you guys are saying about it needing to be more solid, since i can't and still keep the look. when i finish it, you guys can always have a crack at it your way. as for your other suggestions, i've got ideas cooking for a rocket launcher if there isn't one that's been done. i've got more time on my hands to work on these models now, so i'm hoping i'll get them done before my studies take me from them again. thanks for the C&Cs by the way

im thinking ... hagar ...

(05-04-2012, 10:39 PM)hutty Wrote: im thinking ... hagar ...

OF COURSE! The hagar IMO is the ugliest gun atm. And it's design doesn't complement it's function in the slightest (either 2 too many barrels, or one too few)

This seems wonderful however. Though it is slightly confusing, maybe when textured it will be more clear.

Easily the most bad ass looking shotgun model I've seen in any game.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(05-05-2012, 02:11 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Easily the most bad ass looking shotgun model I've seen in any game.

"most bad" is not grammatically correct, it's "worst". That makes it the worst ass looking sg model you've seen in any game. I'm sure anark10n appreciates. Tongue

On a more serious note, how many polys does this have? :o

@Lee_Strickling and @Mr Bougo Thanks Big Grin Forgot to put up the poly count. its 4880, all quads. on that same note, does anyone know how to toggle off bmesh, while it's great and all, it makes keep track of how many quads you have a bit hard.

Quote:OF COURSE! The hagar IMO is the ugliest gun atm. And it's design doesn't complement it's function in the slightest (either 2 too many barrels, or one too few)

This seems wonderful however. Though it is slightly confusing, maybe when textured it will be more clear.

Hagar is probably the blockiest of common guns available. Another huge minus of that model is that it isn't animated. If barrels rotated like in UT's RL, it would make sense, not so now. If posted model would replace current hagar, I'd be all for it, even non-rotating version would be an improvement.

But the worst one of them all is hands down Port-O-launch/ball launcher. Holy crap, its textures look like from '90s.

(05-05-2012, 12:30 PM)rafallus Wrote:
Quote:OF COURSE! The hagar IMO is the ugliest gun atm. And it's design doesn't complement it's function in the slightest (either 2 too many barrels, or one too few)

Hagar is probably the blockiest of common guns available. Another huge minus of that model is that it isn't animated. If barrels rotated like in UT's RL, it would make sense, not so now. If posted model would replace current hagar, I'd be all for it, even non-rotating version would be an improvement.

But the worst one of them all is hands down Port-O-launch/ball launcher. Holy crap, its textures look like from '90s.
I went and looked at the porto launch, and it's the worst thing I've ever seen. Ever. I might just learn to texture just to retexture it.

Also are any of the guns at the moment animated ? It would be great if we had a few with exposed chambers that rotated. The WIP machine gun model I've seen passed around look promising though.

Plan on animating this one. Which map has the porto launch? i want to see this for myself

It's a mutator, like the hook. If you could do something about it, that'd be wonderful

bot-orchestra-stage has all weapons. But you can always play Nexball mode, ball launcher looks the same.

(05-06-2012, 01:34 PM)Shadowman84 Wrote: It's a mutator, like the hook. If you could do something about it, that'd be wonderful

It's a weapon, there is also a Grappling Hook weapon.

(05-06-2012, 12:46 PM)anark10n Wrote: Plan on animating this one. Which map has the porto launch? i want to see this for myself

1. Open the console (Shift+Esc) before you start any map and type sv_cheats 1.
2. Start a map.
3. Type impulse 99 in console.
4. Have fun

... the portolaunch itself needs a redesign ...

both in model and in function ...

is it possible it use warpzones instead of teleporters for the portals? I t would look much nicer

also my digsyite map has some pls in it ... none of the offical maps do though

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,048 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,768 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe