Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

Un-textured central part of map >.<
There's tower in center with four bridges leading to adjacent halls and passages.
I'll give it proper texturing soon, I just wanna know if such layout is acceptable, until I start detailing it. Maybe it's too simple or spacy? Better to know now rather than fix lots of stuff later.

Here's the source if you're interested:
http://ompldr.org/vOHUwMA

(05-28-2011, 12:14 PM)Lord Canistra Wrote: I've been working on this map for a while, yet didn't have chance to dedicate more time to it due to my studies. It's not much yet, but now I'll have much more time to spend on this. Layout is mostly finished (I'll mirror left part to right later), now off to work on textures and adding more detail. I intend to make it CTF map or some kind of arena.

[Image: lcupright.th.jpg]

THAT
LOOKS
FUCKING AWESOME O______O

I don't map, but by looking at that map layout, it looks like an interesting map. Can't fucking wait to see what that map becomes Big Grin
bye / bad luck and have boredom

Looks quite promising and massive. You got some difficult angles there to work with in radiant, but that's a good thing for players (and a challenging one for the mapper ).
Get a quick complete layout done with only basic texturing ( using only 2 textures throughout the map can be enough. Don't bother about good lighting / aligned textures or more detail) and do an alpha-release, just for some feedback/ideas for the scales and the layout. It's worth it!

shotgun model update. made the magazine less boring and gave the barrel supports some edge. managed to get some contrast into the renders to show some of the detail on the gun.
How long is a piece of string?

better, much better!
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Now that is what I wanna see! Not some glue gun now, but a real weapon.

thanks. I like the layout of the map. Any ideas as to themes yet? Steampunk/gothic etc...

I'd like to try similar, uhmm, "neon-technologic" style as on my first Nexuiz map, LC_Iceworld, with more touch of dark/gothic atmosphere.
Also, I can probably remake Iceworld for Xonotic, just need to find time for werkkzeug and forge a set of hi-res textures.

the results of today's mapping session (i'm currently using and extending a layout that has been on my hdd for ages together with the new phillipk2x texture set Wink )
The map is in an very early stage ( no lighting done so far ) and i'll try to get an alpha out asap to get some feedback for the layout

[Image: ccmppxjeru8qrsbgazia_thumb.jpg]
[Image: vi563ikrovmn4hcuea9_thumb.jpg]

that... looks... epic....
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I have never played iceworld. TBH it looks up to scratch to play it in xonotic. That's how good the graphics look to me. I like the sound of neon technologic though. Whatever that is (imagining F-zero for some reason). Good luck with that. For me I like to see maps as a real artistic endeavour in nexuiz/xonotic. A personal, 3-dimensional expression in environment form.

Wow, Strahlemann.....

I am amazed....

O_o

Looks gorgeous, Strahlemann :3 That style is a bit similar to which I'm thinking about for my map. Though I'm not sure if players will be properly illuminated in those dark areas at the bottom. Maybe add some glowing stripes patterns on the floor?

The legendary Strahlemann is at it again. I wonder if this will live up to Soylent (Best 1 on 1 map I've played in any arena fps) and Strength (one of the best multi-tiered maps of all time in any given game).
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(05-29-2011, 05:00 PM)Strahlemann Wrote: the results of today's mapping session (i'm currently using and extending a layout that has been on my hdd for ages together with the new phillipk2x texture set Wink )
The map is in an very early stage ( no lighting done so far ) and i'll try to get an alpha out asap to get some feedback for the layout

[Image: ccmppxjeru8qrsbgazia_thumb.jpg]
[Image: vi563ikrovmn4hcuea9_thumb.jpg]

Totally something that got my attention. Very nice so far, keep it up with that map! Big Grin

Yeah, keep up the good work, Strahle.. I might find some mapping time again in the near future, too.. I'll let myself be inspired by your work Big Grin
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Every time Strahlemann posts here, epicness almost breaks the forum... oO
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Yes, he is awesome! Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Yay, its Strahlemann =) Glad to see you here, and looking forward to see you work your magic with the Xonotic media Big Grin

Heh, thanks everyone! Good to be mapping again Smile

(05-30-2011, 05:01 AM)Lord Canistra Wrote: Though I'm not sure if players will be properly illuminated in those dark areas at the bottom. Maybe add some glowing stripes patterns on the floor?

The lighting isn't done at all ( no single light-entity placed so far. The only light in the screenshots is cast by the sky and some light-textures ( compiled with light -fast ) ). It's of course far too dark atm so there will be major changes to nearly everything. Expect a first alpha for testing the layout soon.

Strahlemann. You sir, are an inspiration.
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

... (speachless)

Not the MG i promised but here's something i whipped up while doing some concept work. comes in at 2447 polygons

How long is a piece of string?

Looks like some energy based rapid-fire weapon.
Keep'em coming!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Looking sweet! Feels to me like it could be a good crylink or laser.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,047 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,760 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe