Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

[Image: 0_b7654_a727500f_XXL.jpg]
[Image: 0_b7657_d3295ed5_XXL.jpg]
[Image: 0_b7658_73fe8a5d_XXL.jpg]
On the topic of original looks and lighting.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(06-20-2013, 01:36 PM)aa Wrote: On the topic of original looks and lighting.

I like that a lot! Reminds me of old UT's Deck 16 a bit. Once again I salute the more original theme and unique texture / lighting choice.

That's my very first second map
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

[Image: ne44ydavae75dpp9kv8r_thumb.jpg]

Mossepo: just make it look fabulous
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Nice. Smile Itlooks better then Bluez vs Redz

(06-22-2013, 04:08 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: [Image: ne44ydavae75dpp9kv8r_thumb.jpg]

Mossepo: just make it look fabulous

Very nice design and theme! Love this one Big Grin

It indeed looks fabulous, cortez Big Grin
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

[Image: wcbzcv0dc51t9iiao2b_thumb.jpg][Image: ir32spjre6c0hh1g7z4_thumb.jpg]
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

heh Cortez, please try using some other image hosting service.
NN is working. Or is not.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

[Image: mapping_is_fuckin_awesome.jpg]

That looks interesting! Smile

.png   bot_m.png (Size: 415.5 KB / Downloads: 228)
Very WIP male version of the bot I posted a screenshot before. Skin pretty much totally sucks, and the normalmap is a mess... I will work a bit more on it, but I doubt it will get much better before I release this.
You can tell that the mesh was build for UT2004 a long time ago... doesn't play well with modern multitexturing not matter how much I polish that turd Big Grin
On the plus side... it's only 3.5k tris Undecided

(06-27-2013, 04:08 PM)poVoq Wrote: Very WIP male version of the bot I posted a screenshot before. Skin pretty much totally sucks, and the normalmap is a mess... I will work a bit more on it, but I doubt it will get much better before I release this.
You can tell that the mesh was build for UT2004 a long time ago... doesn't play well with modern multitexturing not matter how much I polish that turd Big Grin
On the plus side... it's only 3.5k tris Undecided

Finally... we might at last have a robot character in Xonotic Smile Great work, it looks very good to me!

(06-28-2013, 06:01 PM)Justin Wrote: [Image: gothic_style.jpg]

The sort of thing I'd like to see more in Xonotic Big Grin

(06-28-2013, 06:01 PM)Justin Wrote: [Image: gothic_style.jpg]

This definitely looks interesting, a nice distraction from all the modern-futuristic styles, I'd love to see more maps in this style you know Tongue
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

Hmm. That's GtkRadiant 1.6.3 and it basically does not support Xonotic. Besides the textures are offical quake textures...
Obviously it can be opened by Xonotic, but textures and style does not fit 'Xonotic style'.
Gothic architecture.

(06-29-2013, 07:56 AM)Justin Wrote: Hmm. That's GtkRadiant 1.6.3 and it basically does not support Xonotic. Besides the textures are offical quake textures...
Obviously it can be opened by Xonotic, but textures and style does not fit 'Xonotic style'.
Gothic architecture.

I'm puzzled now. It's you that posted that image - now you're telling us it doesn't fit Xonotic and is made with a tool that is not really useable for Xonotic plus textures are bogus... did you accidentally reference a wrong image in your post before, Justin?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

[Image: Screenshot%20from%202013-06-29%2020%3A09%3A13.png]

NetRadiant gets new icons. Wink (the grey monochrome ones are new, the pink ones are just old placeholders)

Thank Ingar who did some changes to the code to make this possible!

Ahh nice... although personally I am still hoping that Xonotic level editing with be possible with Trenchbroom soon Wink

Actually I´d like to create a completely new editor also featuring additional things like shader, waypoint, and realtime lights editing. Tongue

(06-29-2013, 05:33 PM)Maddin Wrote: Actually I´d like to create a completely new editor also featuring additional things like shader, waypoint, and realtime lights editing. Tongue

This is a very difficult task. Why not using allready existing ones?

I am sorry for posting that gothic wall. I thought it would be good to show something else then futuristic and rusty styles. Xonotic definitelly needs more bvrick, concrete and wood textures.

(06-29-2013, 07:56 AM)Justin Wrote: Hmm. That's GtkRadiant 1.6.3 and it basically does not support Xonotic. Besides the textures are offical quake textures...
Gothic architecture.
Sure it can be opened. You also can work on q3 map sources without any problems. No one has ever defined a xonotic style.

(06-30-2013, 04:47 AM)Justin Wrote: I am sorry for posting that gothic wall. I thought it would be good to show something else then futuristic and rusty styles. Xonotic definitelly needs more brick, concrete and wood textures.
Why are justifying yourself for doing something you want?
If you want make it, why dont you make it? maybe somebody else will like it too?

(06-30-2013, 06:50 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: No one has ever defined a xonotic style.

There is such a thing for official maps. But I'm not sure it's been _defined_ either.

Just experimenting, people.
[Image: gothic_style2.jpg]
I made quite a few brick, stone and marble textures and now wondering how to make them bumpy, not flat.

EDIT:If there is "Xonotic style" I will happily add some alien details to my gothic ruins (metal ramps, reactors, teleports, plasma core, exomorphed + exx + electricy panels) :]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,047 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,756 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe