Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
implosionV1R2 [updated 7-12]

Ok here is my latest. You can play this in either xonotic or nexuiz. Its a big .pk3 only because all the textures are in there. I know there are small issues like texturing, lighting etc. I really want people to play this and give me suggestions for layout. I am seriously considering doing a whole "enclosed" sub level instead of the open lower level there is now. I want to know if people think that is a good idea or if its plays ok the way it is now.
After this one im going to do one that's totally enclosed with a lot of twisty turney passages and rooms in it so maybe it will be more viable to leave this one open?

http://omploader.org/vNHRrOA/implosionV1R1.pk3

UPDATE 7-12-2010 revision 2: Some more changes, mainly to the lower level.

http://omploader.org/vNHdvNw/implosionV1R2.pk3

Cheers!
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Screenshots, please? Is this the ctf map in space?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

(07-10-2010, 07:30 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Screenshots, please? Is this the ctf map in space?

Screen shots are in the "screen shots of what you are doing thread". The spacey type map near the end of the thread.

<_<
[Image: pjn8vqncf5l9fws326h_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 6y3904wso6epg7etyngl_thumb.jpg]
[Image: hzhs73nfb47yd17tfuyx_thumb.jpg]
[Image: ac9om4dve4worm7g93e7_thumb.jpg]
[Image: am2xx1o3s5lvwfpghlxm_thumb.jpg]
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

MintOX: I'm in India right now and I don't have a good system to test your map on, but I know you must have done a great job from what I saw before. I urge you to contact FruitieX on IRC, so that he can help you create a branch for the map in GIT.

(07-10-2010, 10:04 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: MintOX: I'm in India right now and I don't have a good system to test your map on, but I know you must have done a great job from what I saw before. I urge you to contact FruitieX on IRC, so that he can help you create a branch for the map in GIT.

MintOX, do you have GIT access already? If not, you have to ask divVerent first so he can give you access.

After that you can do
Code:
git checkout -b mintox/implosion origin/master
inside xonotic-maps.pk3dir to create a new branch. Then you need to copy your map files into the repo, and when you are done you "git add" them. e.g.
Code:
git add implosion.*
to add all files in the current dir starting with implosion.). Finally you do
Code:
git commit
then back in the xonotic root dir
Code:
./all push
to push your changes.
Nice map btw, but we need more dm/tdm maps Smile Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Great map, terrific work.

Is there a nexgun on this map, couldn't find it?

Perhaps slightly more ammo on the map an extra ammo pack or two not near the weapons but somewhere else on the map like you have done in some area's.

I LIKE the health and armour layout, and you have not used loads of health which is great.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

how the hell do i get out of here?
[Image: i22s94iude5fj8ypslzy_thumb.jpg]
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

(07-11-2010, 11:53 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Great map, terrific work.

Is there a nexgun on this map, couldn't find it?

Perhaps slightly more ammo on the map an extra ammo pack or two not near the weapons but somewhere else on the map like you have done in some area's.

I LIKE the health and armour layout, and you have not used loads of health which is great.

Thanks Smile

The nex gun is floating right in the middle of the map.
I still havent finished with armor and weapon placement so those things will be tuned up soon.
(07-11-2010, 01:17 PM)Rad Ished Wrote: how the hell do i get out of here?

Yea i need to block those off Smile

(07-11-2010, 02:36 PM)MintOX Wrote:
(07-11-2010, 01:17 PM)Rad Ished Wrote: how the hell do i get out of here?

Yea i need to block those off Smile

Indeed, nobody shoud be allowed to get there.
Hidden teleport pleasepleaseplease?

We played this last night on XA, and the gameplay was nearly perfect. The main issues I noticed were (this is in Nexuiz, not Xonotic, which I haven't tested in yet):
- Jumpads leading to nex not aligned correctly with the direction they apply force in (ie. they point at a 45 degree angle to where they lead)
- Nex is too low to be caught when using jumpads
- There are multiple variations of the same sign (the "Hello Xonotix!" one with the assembly) used throughout the map, one of which has a blank box where the ASM should be. Was this intended?

With the lower level, imo that should stay as is, perhaps with something blocking your path in the middle so you have to go to the main level before heading back underneath. As is, it's too protected and makes capping a piece of cake.

Can't wait until the next release, I can see this becoming a very popular map! Smile
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(07-11-2010, 10:49 PM)clanclanclan Wrote: With the lower level, imo that should stay as is, perhaps with something blocking your path in the middle so you have to go to the main level before heading back underneath. As is, it's too protected and makes capping a piece of cake.
I have to agree there, make a wall in the center, and force the player to take a jumppad up and then down again, else the lower path will become too easy.

nice map
i have to try this later Smile)
info:
This message was written with 100% recycled electrons!!! Angel
No trees were destroyed and no animals were harmed.

(07-11-2010, 10:49 PM)clanclanclan Wrote: We played this last night on XA, and the gameplay was nearly perfect. The main issues I noticed were (this is in Nexuiz, not Xonotic, which I haven't tested in yet):
- Jumpads leading to nex not aligned correctly with the direction they apply force in (ie. they point at a 45 degree angle to where they lead)
- Nex is too low to be caught when using jumpads
- There are multiple variations of the same sign (the "Hello Xonotix!" one with the assembly) used throughout the map, one of which has a blank box where the ASM should be. Was this intended?

With the lower level, imo that should stay as is, perhaps with something blocking your path in the middle so you have to go to the main level before heading back underneath. As is, it's too protected and makes capping a piece of cake.

Can't wait until the next release, I can see this becoming a very popular map! Smile

With the jump pads to nex:
I wanted to push people to the far side of the map, away from the flag so they couldn't get on those and jump right across to the flag. I can rotate the jump pads so the look more in line with the launch path.
I deliberately made the nex too low to be easily taken to try and balance out the fact it has so much power. People that want it are forced to land in the middle of the map after they pick it up. Maybe I can change that when the weapon becomes more balanced.

I'll have to look for that screen with the missing code, its not suppost to be that way.

I agree with you and fruitiex, that lower level perhaps should be walled off. I'm not sure how i would implement that, i just added some more launch pads down there to the back corner of the map. Maybe i can do too versions and post them here.

Cheers!

The bottom is the most unprotected part of the whole map. Don't wall it off - add barricades.

I would connect these platforms here.
[Image: dm-412790633205.png]
You should use team colored jumppads.
[Image: dm-612790633200.png]
This color on the ribbed part of the towers looks a bit bland here (and so does the silver color, and the colors on the pathways near these towers).
[Image: dm-512790633192.png]
Those towers lack a kill message.
Is there no music?
There are very few ammo pickups.

You did a good job keeping the fps up though.

Grrrr don't include common.shader ever ever Tongue
It was included in v1r1 at least.

bro , use this tune for it , if ya want , ill bring the size down , if ya need to
http://omploader.org/vNHZyNA/CHOOKYDRUMM...KEYRIP.mp3 (ill rename it too)

also grasshopper didnt want this tune for his awesome map , so this is up for use too:
http://omploader.org/vNGpoag/mexico.ogg (ill rename it as well)

otherwise ill get drinkin beer and make one..
or ill just drink beeer....

:^

I think that the drop till the hurt box should be just little further for hook enabled servers. Not loads, just a little.
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

(07-14-2010, 10:05 AM)chooksta Wrote: bro , use this tune for it , if ya want , ill bring the size down , if ya need to
http://omploader.org/vNHZyNA/CHOOKYDRUMM...KEYRIP.mp3 (ill rename it too)

also grasshopper didnt want this tune for his awesome map , so this is up for use too:
http://omploader.org/vNGpoag/mexico.ogg (ill rename it as well)

otherwise ill get drinkin beer and make one..
or ill just drink beeer....

:^

I like the tune bro but i cant just add it in because its a xonotic map. Maybe when I learn how to make my branch properly for my map i can make you a branch to put your music in and if people like the tracks they will add them to the game.

Cheers!
(07-14-2010, 11:37 AM)Rad Ished Wrote: I think that the drop till the hurt box should be just little further for hook enabled servers. Not loads, just a little.

Rodger that.
(07-13-2010, 06:25 PM)Roanoke Wrote: I would connect these platforms here.
[Image: dm-412790633205.png]
You should use team colored jumppads.
[Image: dm-612790633200.png]
This color on the ribbed part of the towers looks a bit bland here (and so does the silver color, and the colors on the pathways near these towers).
[Image: dm-512790633192.png]
Those towers lack a kill message.
Is there no music?
There are very few ammo pickups.

You did a good job keeping the fps up though.

The platforms are connected by a jump pad. They should be there if not maybe i missed them when i did the build.

Are there team colored jump pads? I only saw one in Fruitiex's branch. Fruitiex?

The lighting is -fast so its not looking the way its suppost to right now. When i do a full compile the map will be brighter.
I guess I could put some sort of warning on top of the towers. I just figured that once somebody tries to jump up there and dies they wont do it again....

The music will be a separate deal, they wont be in the map .pk3 files.

I will definitely put more ammo in the map, im not finished placing all the entities yet.

Thanks for your input Smile
Cheers!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Matuka's Aerowalk Textures V1.1 !!!Updated!!! Matuka 26 30,005 07-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Matuka
  An Assault map concept (updated 11th Dec.) ThePWTULN 25 26,328 03-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Last Post: theShadow