Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex Vol 2 [TGA's]

Well, sorry it took that long, but here it is:

TGA DOWNLOAD

HERE IS A FINAL VERSION WITH TGA FILES, SORRY IT TOOK ME A WHILE.
AND WHY AM I TYPING WITH CAPS LOCK ON, NO ONE WILL KNOW.

ENJOY!

Looking great!

Now I wish the texture set were in a format suitable for inclusion in Xonotic.

Do you have TGA versions of the textures, without the JPEG artifacts? We'd rather not keep JPEG files in the repository, as editing these always loses more and more quality.

If these are JPEG only, I have to sadly say that they have to be remade from scratch Sad

Once we have a TGA version of them (or PNG of course, if TGA is hard to export for you), we could think about including them.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

WHAT???? I can't believe this, I had all images in tga before, then everyone said you should make them jpg, because of the big size. Huh

wtf

EDIT: Of most textures I have the .tga's in my trash bin, PHEW.
But the newer onces i made them in .jpeg. Sad

(07-25-2010, 10:30 AM)kay Wrote: WHAT???? I can't believe this, I had all images in tga before, then everyone said you should make them jpg, because of the big size. Huh

wtf

EDIT: Of most textures I have the .tga's in my trash bin, PHEW.
But the newer onces i made them in .jpeg. Sad

Meh. Don't listen to this "everyone" guy.

Well okay, in map pk3s its a good idea to make them jpg, but the texture pack should always be tga so its uncompressed (and doesnt loose any quality if someone edits)
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

In Xonotic releases, they will also be auto-compressed to JPEG and DDS (user can choose) for faster loading and smaller size.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

See first post. Big Grin

Great work! I'll create a branch for this tonight. Seems like fruitiex is a bit busy these days.

Just a box map to see textures in game. Branch is diabolik/ex2x

[Image: dm-0128225440310.png]

[Image: dm-1612822544030.png]

[Image: dm-8128225440312.png]

thanks, but how do I make my own branches and stuff?

Screenies look good, but i dont see the (visual/style) connection to the eX set, so imo it needs a better new/name.

(08-20-2010, 09:18 AM)tZork Wrote: Screenies look good, but i dont see the (visual/style) connection to the eX set, so imo it needs a better new/name.

he only put in a few of them, those other look more like ex textures.

I really like the added focus on visual quality for xonotic but we still seem to accept that it must look dated for some reason. These textures are good (and i mean that) but their specularity is just too high across the board. Maps will all look silver plated.
Keep in mind that THE DARKPLACES RENDERER IS GORGEOUS and has been for years now.

[Image: dt-612824142815.png] It ain't modern warfare 2 but at least it ain't quake 2.
[Image: dt-212824143592.png] Your colour and spec could be jpg if you want to save space but bump/norm must be TGA. To save space on these make them half the resolution (128x128 for a 256x256 texture). Many of these are 256x256 with 128x128 bumps.
[Image: dt-612824143941.png] All these textures use bumps. Just because norms are harder to make doesn't mean they give better results (though, theoretically, norms do hold more information)
[Image: dt-11128241443013.png] Even a proper bump and gloss on a familiar texture can really bring it to life. No part of your spec should be brighter than (html color) #AAAAAA unless it is polished foil.

My GIT build doesn't seem to have any textures at all so these are Nexuiz screenies. Mapper release please!

Wow Ihsan that looks nice, thanks for the tips, but I wont remake this package, I'll use that in the future.

and those screenshots of the textures ingame are bad, take a look here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=586

I want to release this tiny set but as a collection of random trims and grates it doesn't seem very complete or consistent. If there was a mapper release of xonotic (hint hint) and some maps to work on that might help me complete it.
Somebody at least post a minimal howto on git so i can post the sources. It's about time i got this off my harddrive.

Ihsan: http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/3/wiki/R...ory_Access and http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/3/wiki/Git

(I suggest you join the #xonotic channel on Freenode if you're planning to have branches on the repo, it makes communication easier)

why are the tga version and the jpeg version of the texture pack different?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

tgas had to be redone as they were lost
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(10-20-2010, 11:13 AM)FruitieX Wrote: tgas had to be redone as they were lost

i mean generally different textures, like the attached one.

Attached Files
.jpg   Concrete2.jpg (Size: 143.14 KB / Downloads: 31)
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s