Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Xonotic Trailer

Video 
I saw someone making a unfinished Xonotic trailer.... (Fisume was it)
so i had the idea of that:

[1]
You see a Xonotic Solider (any model) standing on a map with lot's of dust equipped with maybe an Uzi. (Background-music: soft Piano)
Camera flying through dust slowly in his direction

[2]
Suddenly a Rocket launcher rocket appears and flies at the Xonotic Solider!
(Strings added to the piano; Strings getting louder)
rocket hits the solider! (music stops for a moment)

--- Screen turns black ---

[3]
Now you see the Xonotic solider appearing anywhere else in the map with many other players. (only sometimes in first-person). Rockets flying anywhere; xon shots (old nex) ; Players viewed through the zoom-in function of the rifle and getting killed with one single shot. mortar grenades flying around and exploding; laser jumps! HLAC laser shots! (maybe some turret or vehicle being destroyed)
...well multiplayer-ACTION!!!
(mighty music played by corny and trumpets and some drum-kit splash)

--- Screen turns black ---

[4]
Xonotic logo appears maybe the one of Fisume's unfinished trailer
[Image: xonoticbetatitlethumbnjbw0.png]
or mine
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=105]
(slow strings)

I will hopefully insert a MIDI-Source of the music concept later

I think that would be a I-MUST-HAVE-THIS-GAME-Trailer
But what do you think?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Hmm, methinks trailer needs a contest. I was thinking something along the lines of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emP5D9Klssg Big Grin

Perhaps they could all have the same ending or another common feature, and we upload them to youtube/vimeo/dailymotion, thus increasing the visibility of the project Cool I've always thought that this would be a great thing for a tonne of community members to do, just to give people a taste of what the finished game will be like.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Quote:Perhaps they could all have the same ending or another common feature, and we upload them to youtube/vimeo/dailymotion, thus increasing the visibility of the project Cool I've always thought that this would be a great thing for a tonne of community members to do, just to give people a taste of what the finished game will be like.

clanclanclan, this is a great idea! Someone, or a team of someones Smile, could make various reusable parts: intro (raw AVI), ending (RAW AVI), transition template (hi-res tiff, psd, or GIMP project) that could be spliced into community-created content to give it a more unified "brand."
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

I don't want to make it on my own Wink
TEAMS!!! Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

A trailer would be a good idea.

Would have to use gameplay footage, not doctored stuff/prerendered stuff.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

well you mustn't play pretend!
Xonotic is to awesome! Big Grin
it really is multiplayer-ACTION!!!
MY NOOB STATS:

Good ideas here Smile

I think we once had a thread about something alike... A trailer maybe should have parts that look like a movie and parts of ingame action.
Is there any concept? Maybe you "cut" your concept/your figured movie in several parts. Everyone who wants could work on one (or more) parts of these. In the end we just need to add them together.
In this way it would be a real "community-movie" Tongue

Just a suggestion, keep up ideas and work!

MY NOOB STATS:

We'd definitely need a finished game though, with graphics as revised as they will be for 1.0. Don't want to show old weapon models, for instance.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Antibody Wrote:clanclanclan, this is a great idea! Someone, or a team of someones , could make various reusable parts: intro (raw AVI), ending (RAW AVI), transition template (hi-res tiff, psd, or GIMP project) that could be spliced into community-created content to give it a more unified "brand."

Yes! That's a great idea. I can't say that I am terribly great with GIMP or any video editing software, either, but I could certainly splice this content into a gameplay video and put a nice soundtrack to it Smile.

Roanoke Wrote:We'd definitely need a finished game though, with graphics as revised as they will be for 1.0. Don't want to show old weapon models, for instance.

I'd prefer to just run straight in and get some footage myself, and if that footage is at odds with the final release, remove it. I think it's important that anything released at this stage is explicitly labelled as "Unofficial", so that when the game is nearing completion, a new video can be released which gives the viewer a more accurate idea of it's actual quality.

One (good) way to get a lot of action in a movie is a 20 person game on ruiner with g_weaponarena all.

well not everything must be REAL gameplay!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEGdSRe6V4
this isn't real gameplay as well!

but yes we will need something like 20 players Big Grin
I hope you'll help Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

(07-30-2010, 06:57 PM)Roanoke Wrote: One (good) way to get a lot of action in a movie is a 20 person game on ruiner with g_weaponarena all.

you can show some good action wit 4 players too Smile with 20 it would be chaotic... Well, depends on size of the map of course...

Another thing, which can be done now, before official release of Xonotic, is music. We have some talented musicians here, so maybe we should dig through what they've done so far or ask to make something new?
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

I'm a musician, too! but I can't do anything with non midi-like music @pc!
I can write the midi source, but I need someone to make it into a mp3/ogg/wav!
Or is there anywhere a tutorial?
MY NOOB STATS:

The best thing to do would be, Once we have a solid beta of xonotic, with pretty much what is going to be default physics and weapon settings etc etc, give anyone who wants to make a trailer 3-4 weeks notice, so that they can collect footage + edit, then have a deadline (stick to it though). And then let the developers or community select which video should be used for the 'offical' trailer Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

you're right! we should wait until the beta release with that trailer things!
but we can post our concepts right now to get it better until we start working on the trailer Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

(07-31-2010, 03:21 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: well not everything must be REAL gameplay!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEGdSRe6V4
this isn't real gameplay as well!

Yes it is. Even if it wasn't, it's not a good argument not to have real gameplay. Prerendered stuff gives people a false impression of the game, and the one thing you do not want to do is disappoint new players. Don't pretend to be something you are not.

well it should be the playing of very good players!
because some noobs, only trying out the weapons, are not good enough and would look stupid!
MY NOOB STATS:

Music and the conecpt are the things to do atm Smile
So, I would help to create a trailer for xonotic! How the trailer especially should look like, what it should show exactly,... these are things we should think about until a beta is released.

What we need too is promotion for xonotic (yeah, an extra thread for that?)! Its ok to upload a trailer to a lot of different sites, but whowill care about them if noone knows what xonotic is... Ok, some people eveytime find new games, new trailers, new stuff when searching and watching videos on youtube. But I think we want more players, we want to reach a lot of players with xonotic! Big Grin Wink So there´s enough to think about.

btw: clanclanclan, how to edit a video with gimp?^^

(08-01-2010, 07:20 AM)Debugger Wrote: btw: clanclanclan, how to edit a video with gimp?^^

Trick question: You do not.

@debugger I'm a musician as I already said. So music is the thing that's always in my mind, and when I had this idea, there was this music suddenly existing. Big Grin
that's the reason why I wrote the music to the concept!
(accords: ||: e C G D :||) Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

Debugger Wrote:btw: clanclanclan, how to edit a video with gimp?^^

I don't know, check the documentation. I think there's a SIG for that actually.

http://www.gimp.org/mail_lists.html <--- try the video SIG Rolleyes

clanclanclan Wrote:GIMP or any video editing software

(emphasis mine)

Oh, yeah, Im sorry... my fault Big Grin

Do we use any standard video editors? Linux has a lot of nice editors, output formats are the problem often. Virtualdub (http://www.virtualdub.org/) works for windows great.
I found an intresting video editor: VLMC (http://trac.videolan.org/vlmc/) Its in pre-alpha status, crashes often :/ but a tip for future Wink Some are usable for mac-users too, but I dont know any special ones :/

Any other nice freeware editors? Tongue

few days ago i was googling for video editors and i found zs4

i didn`t have time to test it yet, but it looks quite nice, there are also some tutorials and forums...
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

wow! thank you! I downloaded both of them! Smile