Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rising of the Phoenix - Menu Song

Here is the final version. 2:41 long. I rendered a slightly shorter looped version. It's seamlessly created so simply playing the beginning after the end will work(no crossfade). There is the 8xOS HQ version and normal version of each. The trade-off is a noticeable difference and upped clarity in highs...which mutes the lower sounds. I prefer and recommend the Normal Render. This was meant to be a theme song/menu song. Tell me what y'all think. I can still make changes.

Apologies, but some of these files got lost when my Dropbox account closed.

-----------------GPL COMPLIANT-----------------
Rising of the Phoenix (1.0) - GPL

Looped versions:
Rising of the Phoenix Looped (2.0) - GPL
Rising of the Phoenix Looped (2.0) 8xOS - GPL

Final Version (3.0):
This version has an ending and can still be looped with the same looppoints for v2.0.
Rising of the Phoenix Looped (3.0) - GPL
Rising of the Phoenix Looped (3.0) 8xOS - GPL
-LMMS Project File
-Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3
-------------------------------------------------

*************NON GPL COMPLIANT******************
Rising of the Phoenix
Rising of the Phoenix - Looped
Rising of the Phoenix 8xOS
Rising of the Phoenix - Looped 8xOS
Dropbox direct link.

Licensing: GPL v2 I think, with one question...some samples(drums) are CC(freesound.org). Does that cause the song to violate the GPL?

Edit: Don't know why I didn't use it long ago, but Dropbox is being used instead(it's amazing). It's a direct link so Firefox will stream and play it. Sorry about the stupid 4shared.

ouch this is sexy.
i think we are going to need a pole to select the best main menu music. because this is way up there

added you to the wiki http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...tributions
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

This is definitely up there as one of the best music tracks I've heard produced for this game. It's really hard to decide between this and SC0RP's menu theme.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Thanks! When I heard the bass part in my head I knew it was a winner...we ended up being slightly late to an event just so I could keep from losing it. The rest of the song just flowed.

Some side notes:
The looped version has slight reverb and silence at the end. Simply crossfade there. I can always lengthen the song(considerably too/maybe add a new part), I just cannot shorten it. The looped version is as short as it will get. The 8xOS version is great for production quality, but the Standard render is designed(bass wise) for the game.

Oh god yes.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Thanks, Plasma Sheep pointed out the cutoff of reverb at the end, will fix and upload(replace).

WHICH CC license? CC licenses with "SA" or "NC" are clearly not GPL compatible and not even worth considering. CC-BY is a grey area regarding GPL, as the attribution requirement is stronger than the GPL's (but in this case, you should easily be able to ask the author).
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

CC Sampling Plus. It's the license freesound.org uses.

IMO the best track for the main menu so far.

Of course, the author can make an exception for this use. I think the best way is to ask the author to relicense it under gpl this once.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

I have letters ready, going to send them tonight, but 2 of the 3 sample authors posted more than 2 years ago with no useful activity. While I wait for replies, I am going to recreate the samples with LMMS built in samples(GPL). It shouldn't be a huge challenge...I think...just need to work with many filters and an FLL.

I'm waiting for responses, but I need about 3 weeks to recreate the samples in audacity. Trying some basic mod's to LMMS's samples in LMMS proved futile, so I have to move to a more time consuming and powerful method. I'll post updates as I get samples remade. Ugh.... Sad

I got one response from Derek Murphy, and he said he wanted to help. The one I most likely won't hear from is VEXST. His last post was in 2008 and he has no POC. I got the muffled snare and kick from him. I'm gonna have to settle with a different sounding replacement, unless a miracle happens. I'm working with some different drum sounds. Anyone here good a working with samples that can help?

First of all, the track sounds nice and may be good for the menu. So it probably is worth recreating the samples (if you can't get permission).

Sound samples themselves BTW are already "as good as it gets" usually regarding editing, and thus should qualify as their own "source". So all you need is the permission from the author, no extra files.

One small suggestion - can you try rendering at 48000Hz instead of 44100Hz? Most users have a 48000Hz sound chip, and thus any 44100Hz music file would get resampled on playback.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

hi , any help i can do 4 ya , mr mind , pm me , or post here , or irc bro

:^

@div:
Didn't realize that...sure, I can render at 48000. I was referred to that fact that the author should include any project files(e.g. Audacity) that were used to create the sample. Do they not need this?

@chooksta:
Sure, I'll send you a PM when I get the chance.

Yeah, the song is going to have a slightly heavier feel due to new percussion. That is all I am changing. I'll make the changes and see what the consensus is.

Scratch the PM Chooksta, here are links to the samples I am trying to recreate/replace. For now it is simply replace.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9887690/26888__V...Kick_4.wav
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9887690/26903__V...nare_4.wav
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9887690/35643__s...T_BOMB.wav

http://omploader.org/vNTd3aA/mastermind%20kick.wav

hows this? , 4 kick?

Sounds closer, maybe try a notch pass filter on the white noise @ 8-12khz, and then decay that sound, and see if the kick can be a little more subtle, the kick was used as a background to quiet but important sections(the beginning/break portions) It's sounding good though. I think the original sample has a high hat of some kind. I got a decent snare replacement so far...

me plumber , but try place it into the tune anyway , also , when ya done , ill have a go at phatening it up 4 ya , if ya want

Smile

After a headache amount of tweaking and redoing, I have the background snare replaced. Derek was kind enough to release his snare sample under the GPL so the main snare is still intact(get it here, it's awesome)! I'm gonna see how the kick sounds, but you guided me in the right direction chooksta. The only sound I don't think I can replace is the USAT Bomb sound, it's such great filler for the Dropping Sine. Ah well, I'm gonna work on that one too. Here's to hoping this all works out great.

It looks like the creator of the USAT bomb sound has been active as recently as the first of this month, have you managed to contact them?

Nope. He's a commercial distributor, so I don't think he's going to help, not to say he's mean, I think he might have passed off my email as spam/junk. I made a decent replacement, still tweaking. It's the only part I haven't replaced completely(or satisfactorily yet). All the other samples are in order. I am going to lengthen the song some(through simple themed repetition.) I'm gonna try to recontact him. If this is good enough for the menu theme, I want to have it done by the release of the alpha...but were leaving for Orlando tomorrow, I'm gonna try to finish it tonight.

Added link to GPL compliant version 1.0. Please comment so I can get a polished product.

Sounds just as good as the original with only slight differences even noticeable to me.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music Menu sounds unfa 18 18,496 08-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Last Post: unfa
Music Xonotic song? unfa 12 10,542 06-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Justin
  New Song! - "Orchestrated Chaos" master[mind] 6 6,629 11-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  Both menu tracks edited, which is best? SC0RP 19 20,893 09-08-2010, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
Lightbulb Brand new menu music from me SC0RP 10 10,198 08-27-2010, 10:27 AM