Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDE setup to work with QC and Darkplaces?

I am trying to get into QuakeC coding for Darkplaces (see here: http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.p...5813#p5813 ) and I was wondering if anyone got a good setup. There seem to be a few QuakeC IDEs for Win32, but since I am using Linux a language plugin for an editor like SciTE would be best.

Or is the regular C highlighting good enough for editing QuakeC?

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Ahh there seems to be a QuakeC syntax highlighting patch for CodeBlocks: http://svn.icculus.org/*checkout*/nexuiz...blocks.zip
So unless you have a better suggestion I will be using this.

Feel free to follow my progress into QuakeC though Wink

I use C highlighting, and I'm not into IDE's, I just use a nice text editor such as Geany (on Linux) or Notepad++ (on Windows). You can configure them to consider .qc files as C files. No compiling directly from the editor though.

Regular C highlighting is good enough.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Don't listen to these hardcore guys who love to search in files just to navigate through code Big Grin

Just use CodeBlocks. It's available for Linux, too. I demonstrate its usage here: click

Ahh thanks for the tutorial btw, helped me a lot already. The code jumping does not seem to work for me however. When I right click and do a find implementation or declaration it always says not found. I can search for it via the serch menu just fine however Undecided

Any idea what might be causing that? I am useing Code::Blocks 8.02

It does not show anything useful in the symbol tabs either.

I have imported the cleaned up quake 1.06 source code as explained however, so I am unsure where I did something wrong.

I do unfortunately not know why this could be the case. You might try the nightly builds that you find on the CodeBlocks forums. But I also have not used Codeblocks for QuakeC in a long time myself, maybe something broke (QuakeC is not "valid" C code for normal C/C++ IDEs, so it was already a miracle that Codeblocks recognized the code back when I tried it)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I get started with Darkplaces Development? GoldenThumbs 0 4,085 10-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: GoldenThumbs
  Craziest Quake Setup SPLAT 6 10,450 06-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Darkplaces games rocknroll237 15 18,395 10-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  Steel Storm - another game using the DarkPlaces engine divVerent 7 13,244 01-02-2011, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  How do i make a Darkplaces Mod? SkyHookers 1 4,649 10-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Cortez666