Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] sniping training center

Could be cool for begginers (but not only...) to have a kind of training mode where you could shoot at bots, which do not have any weapon. A sort of sniping training center.

The way I see it: you choose a map, you put bots at spots you choose (we can imagine a bot drop function by just pressing a key. I already saw it with clones). The (poor) bots stay standstill (or move into a neighbourhood of the spot he was dropped) and respawn at the same spot just before being fragged.

What do you guys think?
Fat.bot.Slim

Reminds me of one room on peace6dot5 Tongue unfortunately required a special server mod.

That room should maybe be remade using target_spawn Tongue
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

something like that exists on UrbanTerror, too! -.-
It's quite crappy Tongue
but in Xonotic it would be fine Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(09-11-2010, 07:18 AM)divVerent Wrote: Reminds me of one room on peace6dot5 Tongue unfortunately required a special server mod.

That room should maybe be remade using target_spawn Tongue

Hehe, clonespawn. It used to work Big Grin

(09-11-2010, 07:50 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: something like that exists on UrbanTerror, too! -.-
It's quite crappy Tongue
but in Xonotic it would be fine Big Grin
Why crappy? Do you mean that, in general, it's a useless mode or is it specific to UrbanTerror?
Fat.bot.Slim

no it's a map not a mode!
Just some spawnpoints on jumppads Dodgy

The crappy thing is that's not bots but real players!!! (online) wtf?
MY NOOB STATS:

I really like this idea, mostly because I can't hit crap and this would help.
It could be put in the Single player mission listing as "Target training" or something.

Target Training is not a story!!!
But maybe if you played all the singleplayer you'll be that good, that you don't need such a Training Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

(09-12-2010, 02:38 PM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: Target Training is not a story!!!
hm... wait... ok:
Once upon a time, a princess lived in a fairytale sniping center...
Now you have a story Tongue
Fat.bot.Slim

(09-12-2010, 02:38 PM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: Target Training is not a story!!!

I disagree. Training should be included as an optional chapter (Half-Life does that).
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

(09-13-2010, 05:32 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote:
hm... wait... ok:
Once upon a time, a princess lived in a fairytale sniping center...
Now you have a story Tongue

like the story Heart Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

nice, I was to suggest this.
but, my idea is a Trining game mode where you can use with other players, you will never die and you could have infinite life and the master player can assign objectives to the n00bs player like "take a megahealt in less than 10 seconds" and so on. so, in that example, the newbie player can learn basic things like moving faster with jumps, etc.

you can get to the singleplayer without knowing how to snipe and even basic things like knowing jumping makes you faster so some training maps explaining and training you on these things and maybe more advanced things as well would be a great addition.

Rage ATWM:
The best way to have more and more campers in-game is to follow this insane idea (which in other circumstances could be rly good). The way I understood your idea is: Player standing still and shooting to 'bewildered' BOTs which ain't movin' as well. Thats too boring, too slow (and a bit pointless IMhO).
Sorr, Just sain' what thinking.

Shackra's idea deserves attention and realization I suppose. If I were a moderator or developer I would take it into consideration.
"Take this mega in less then 10 secs" sounds great

And qlum: training maps is another briliant idea I would like to see in Singleplayer training mode. I'm thinking about SPECIFIC maps created just for this purpose (there are many quake maps like this and also Cortez and Fruitex and Morphed are doing very nicely)

(12-15-2011, 11:51 AM)Justin Wrote: Rage ATWM:
The best way to have more and more campers in-game is to follow this insane idea (which in other circumstances could be rly good). The way I understood your idea is: Player standing still and shooting to 'bewildered' BOTs which ain't movin' as well. Thats too boring, too slow (and a bit pointless IMhO).
Sorr, Just sain' what thinking.

hm, take a look at the date of the original post. I had enough time to handle the mourning of this brilliant idea Wink
And btw, the correlation you make between sniping training and campers sounds a bit weak Smile
Fat.bot.Slim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Aim-training dummy bot (fast bunny jumping without fighting back) Ferk 2 5,391 11-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Last Post: GoregeousGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Including training videos in the game Lee_Stricklin 7 9,624 10-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [SUGGESTION] Sniping weapons Sir Emeth Mimetes 22 19,598 12-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Last Post: LukeLC