Xonotic Forums

Full Version: What's new in XonStat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Nice job, man! Now I have to look at all my recent games again and figure out what the stats are trying to tell me! Big Grin

Here's a small idea I had: I think it would make sense to color the weapons in a way which resembles the colors used ingame (default scoreboard colors). That way it should be easier to figure out the graph colors without having to look at the legend all the time. What do you think?

@aa: For now you can just disable the minstanex in the graphs, so that you're able to see the other weapons Smile
zykure - yes indeed. I think we need to settle on which colors to actually use, but that's entirely possible. It's just mapping the text value of the weapon's proper name ('grenadelauncher') to a particular color ('#00CC00') via an ordinal scale in D3.
There were two features in the previous chart that I liked:
  • Showing of average accuracy.
  • Clicking into the match details from accuracy/damage chart.
Any way to get these back?
These are both related to the tooltip issue I mention above. Showing average accuracy is very easy to do in the tooltip (I'm not going to add lines back). Going to the match is going to be more difficult, but I will see what I can do.
Update: added the display of the average accuracy in the tooltip. Like so:

[Image: average_accuracy_tooltip.png]

There was actually a bug (or genuine omission) in the upstream charting library that prevented me from changing the tooltip for *just* that chart. Fixed now :>

One thing to note is that this is the average accuracy of the weapon for all of the data points collected to display the chart. That means if you only have two data points there (e.g. something like hagar), you'll only have an average of those two data points. I don't think this will be too much of a problem, but if enough people complain I'll go back and fetch the averages for the past 90 days. Right now that's an additional database query that I'd like to avoid if I can.
(09-14-2013, 03:01 PM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ]Update: added the display of the average accuracy in the tooltip. Like so:

Awesooooooome! Big Grin

(09-14-2013, 03:01 PM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ]One thing to note is that this is the average accuracy of the weapon for all of the data points collected to display the chart. That means if you only have two data points there (e.g. something like hagar), you'll only have an average of those two data points. I don't think this will be too much of a problem, but if enough people complain I'll go back and fetch the averages for the past 90 days. Right now that's an additional database query that I'd like to avoid if I can.

Fine for me! I suggest to show the number of data points then ("7.21% average in 4 games"). Also, can we have than 20 games? I think the average would make more sense if you show more games, how about 30? Smile
Discerning users of XonStat will have seen this already, but it bears mentioning here: new fixes are out now!

- The number of games used in calculating the average is shown
- The total default number of games shown on the charts went from 20 to 30
- The weapon colors have been changed to correspond with the in-game crosshair colors. Thanks go to zykure for providing the RGB values to me from the game code!

Here's what it looks like:

[Image: 20130926_chart_tooltip.png]

glhf and happy fragging!
Mighty fine job!
Can't help it, but I always read your posts in your voice Big Grin
This new charts are really cool! Thanks for taking your time pushing stats forward so much.
(09-26-2013, 08:29 AM)CuBe0wL Wrote: [ -> ]Mighty fine job!
Can't help it, but I always read your posts in your voice Big Grin
Big Grin
I hear this in my head every time I see his handle:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw9mklq316d5qk...20here.mp3
You should add an overall accuracy, not just over x games. Just a thought Tongue
hahaha Smilecythe. I laughed way too hard at that mp3.
It needs to be added as a taunt into Xonotic. fear the mighty Antibody with Mighty Banhammer!
I made some time tonight for a change to stats! Here it is:

[Image: 20131024_elo_values.png]

This was a teeny change, but I'm happy with it! Phew, now I can go back to sleep. Smile
Small but very great change, makes it overall much clearer Smile Thanks, sire Antibody! =)) keep up the good work with updates 8)
Thanks again mate! Smile
:-) / nice one
aaaaaah great
That's great, thank you Big Grin
For the longest time the front page has had three tables showing "top" activities:

- Top players by duration played
- Top servers by games hosted
- Top maps by times played

Historically there was only ten entries there and you could see no more. That changes today with the commits I just pushed. You can now page through the entire list with these links:

[Image: 20131027_more_links.png]

These links will take you to paginated views where you can see the entirety of the data for the past week. Enjoy!

PS - Thanks to Mirio for suggesting this change ~3 months back!
Nice. Smile
w00t!
good work ant ... Big Grin

GreetZ Su
Now everyone can find themselves at the end of those lists...
Hello everyone,

I've made a small tweak to the Elo rot code. An Elo game of any game type is sufficient to postpone or "reset the clock" for all of your points. This is a change from before, where you had to play an Elo-qualified game in the given game type to prevent that type's points from rotting. I realize that is a difficult situation to maintain.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16