Xonotic Forums

Full Version: What's new in XonStat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Hi folks!

I took a little break from developing the website theme to focus my attention on stats once again. During that time I developed a new feature! I've been wanting to do this one for a while, so without further ado may I introduce the damage efficiency graph!

[Image: 20120616_xonstat_dmg_graph.png]

This graph shows how effective you are with your splash damage weapons. It displays how much damage you've dealt for each shot hit. Missed shots don't count (to avoid counting spam, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt), so keep track of how well you're on target with this. Enjoy!
Nice, fisumes graph btw. Big Grin
I AM THE SAINT OF THE STEP!!!!!!!!!!

I told you motherGREETERS I was the best with the Electro, and NOW I HAVE PROOF:
[Image: 4pli2cxypcnbamokok.png]

My consistency and average is better than all of the other top players.
You probably got that during testing..Or all those games you were as good as PCLizard and beat him, obviously. Big Grin
Samual, remember when i showed you, at some us server, with 200 ping, how to use that thing when you where hopelessly trying to hit me with hitscan weps? your getting closer Tongue
What is counted on the Y axis in the efficiency graph? % of potential damage that was taken during a match? It's seems strange...
(06-14-2012, 03:42 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: [ -> ]What is counted on the Y axis in the efficiency graph? % of potential damage that was taken during a match? It's seems strange...

The damage! That's why they are different -> can't do the same damage with Laser and RL for instance.
Yep, a tradeoff I had to make was to change the Y axis per weapon. It makes the graph better when looking at a single weapon, but more confusing across weapons. I found this a bit more tolerable than having the graphs all look (consistently) weird.
What, did you think I was done? Noooo sir, not in the slightest. Here's my newest change for you: a favorite map item on your player page! This shows which map you've played the most in the past 90 days. Enjoy!

[Image: 20120617_fav_map.png]
Most awesome. I'm stunned.
Read "favorite map" as "map I've been patiently suffering through because other people like to vote for it for some strange reason".
Antibody: Is it possible to make map previews (or at least some of them) so the players can take a look on them in the Xonotic Stats.? Or mabye you should put a link to the map resp.?
After pressing 'Stormkeep' below the map name and above the 'top scoring players' it could be a short map description and a screenshot.

Also I want to say I like the work you put in this site. It really impresses me.

PS. Why the hell my post is always on the top of new page last time?
Hello everyone. I'm continuing my stats rampage today with a feature requested by many: rank displays on the player info page! Here's what it looks like:

[Image: 20120618_ranks.png]

Enjoy ranking up!
@Justin, that is a great idea, and one I've tabled for a long time now. I'll take note of it on the tracker and get back to you. I can think of a few ways to do this, but it would be a significant change.
How would you get download links though? I'm not sure all server admins want their map links to be used outside their server.
Oh, yes - I should clarify. I was talking about the images only. I don't think download integration is a good idea. A map repository is another application altogether.

For getting the map screenshots I could look at the current maps on my machine and parse through the PK3s looking for the images. Not sure if that is reliable though.
Could you also add something like "Best Map" maybe?
Where the Win/Lost % is the highest.

Or the "worst" map too..

To avoid easy 100% (1 win 0 loss) it should only 'look through' maps that have been played a lot (32 games?).
I have a request, could you display data about active players, like how many play at least once a week/2 weeks or play more that 20 games in a week.. because I have seen lots of noobs over the year and only slight expansion of the player base. Stuff like adoption rate, people who played only once and stuff like that.
Will the stats ever be tied to a password-protected account?

For example, what if somebody else decided to name himself CaptainAhab? Would that affect my stats? How would his stats be recorded if we both have the same name and opt-in to stat tracking?
It has been said many times - the stats accounts are based on a cryptographic key that sits in your Xonotic settings directory. There can be multiple people with the same nick or you can change your nick multiple times, but as long as you have that key then your stats account is yours alone.
CaptainAhab: Currently this is not possible. Maybe divVerent or Antibody can provide more details, but I believe this was intended.

Also, because of unicode and color codes, it's easy to copy a nickname without doing it verbatim. It's been discussed a little in this thread, too.
And also I have another request, elo history. Like highest elo ever achieved, last week, last month etc etc.
tons of ideas can be stolen from http://qlranks.com Big Grin
Nice accuracy graph. Good work! Shows me my poor aim Wink
Thank you for addressing my question/concern, makes much more sense now.

Keep up the good work, everyone who is involved with this project. 10/10, no joke.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16