Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Ideal Xonotic DeFrag Competitions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody!

Once again I approach you guys in here.
I want you guys to share your thoughts about what would be the "ideal" Xonotic DeFrag Competition or contest.
The latest competition I held, didnt go that well because of many people had quite different point of views what would've been the ideal.

If you got something that you wanna get out of your mouth, just share it in here and together we can make a xonotic defrag tournaments that lasts.

I had idea that we could held one competition per month and thats enjoyable / fun to all players who participate.

Should it be new maps, separated ladders for cons and pros? Rule suggestions? Let me know! All ideas are welcome! Smile Lets make it together!

~Sincerely Hero
ima too fat for dat,but if it will be good organized im in :>
... sounds interesting Tongue

Would be nice see all good players there and watch the competition Big Grin

On which server a xonotic defrag tournament will be played?

Atm. there are 2 german server with similar config:
1. Xonotic DeFrag - Join/Run now! - balance changes [0.6.0autobuild]
2. (Prophets) Runaway from Divination [XDeFrag]

Or do you will host a server too?

Even - there is a lot to post in many boards to make some advertising - really hard work - takes a lot of time ...

I think it needs some enthusiastic volunteers to do all that stuff ...

After XonStats will work properly regarding to XDF/CTS we have "a every day worldwide tournament" without stress .... Wink

GreetZ Su
I would only be able to run on AU servers, can't cope with networking issues with 350+ ping :/
Needs a noob edition with an easy map or something. Smile
There was a monthly "Race Challenge" in 2011, which was a lot of fun and which contained mostly easily finishable maps so that even I was able to participate. I'd love to participate in another race challenge if you have one month per map to submit results including a demo. But please refrain from including maps that do not allow you to finish them unless you have got uber-strafing circle jump skillz, there should always be a path to skip gaps that are too big.
Would be cool with a XDF competition, I personally would probably be able to finish a difficult map but it would be more fun with a easier map if more people participate then. Smile
(02-03-2013, 08:23 PM)mega noob Wrote: [ -> ]can't cope with networking issues with 350+ ping :/

only chooksta can handle it
(02-03-2013, 03:03 PM)Finko Wrote: [ -> ]ima too fat for dat,but if it will be good organized im in :>

we will get you fit! Wink Dont you worry about that..

(02-03-2013, 04:34 PM)-maniac|Su- Wrote: [ -> ]... sounds interesting Tongue

#1 Would be nice see all good players there and watch the competition Big Grin

On which server a xonotic defrag tournament will be played?

Atm. there are 2 german server with similar config:
1. Xonotic DeFrag - Join/Run now! - balance changes [0.6.0autobuild]
2. (Prophets) Runaway from Divination [XDeFrag]

Or do you will host a server too?

Even - there is a lot to post in many boards to make some advertising - really hard work - takes a lot of time ...

#2 I think it needs some enthusiastic volunteers to do all that stuff ...

After XonStats will work properly regarding to XDF/CTS we have "a every day worldwide tournament" without stress .... Wink

GreetZ Su

#1 I was thinking something same that it could be livestreamed and all players would be in the same server waiting their turn and having only 10tries per map. Average out of these would be the winner.

#2 you are right but when antibody gets sorted out the global key for XDF servers it will be awesome.

(02-04-2013, 08:04 AM)Mirio Wrote: [ -> ]Needs a noob edition with an easy map or something. Smile

I had idea to keep a XDF competition on monthly basis that all (cons/pros) could be able to finish and whether you are in australia or in america you could take part to this competition. In my opinion to keep competition like this there should be a rule that you can also do the run offline. Which would relief all those who wouldnt be able to do it without having a huge lags.

Im looking a mapper who is volunteering to make competition map, if anyone got interested msg me or @ irc.quakenet.org pV-Hero. Hopefully we get started as soon as possible.

Im starting to wrap up some rules and if you have suggestions, keep them coming please cuz without you this aint gonna happen! Smile