Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Once a Second Stutter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, Ive got a stuttering issue
The game runs beautifully, I can play it at my desired steady 125 fps capped on high.
However, I have a stutter that looks like a micro freeze, then a jump foward.
The stutter happens once a .95 seconds, I've literally repeatedly timed it with a stopwatch. In adition, it happens on all screens in the game. I was using the scolling in the credits section of the menu to try to diagnose it.
A couple of interesting things:
a) When I first ran the game, I didnt set the game to run on the AMD card and instead was running on the Intel HD where it did suprisingly well, hitting the desired 125 fps in medium. However on that card, there was no stutter at all.
b) If I set my frame cap to 60 fps, I get a stutter exactly every 2 seconds. If i set it to sixty, its hard to tell because of the low frame rate, but there is a slight glitch that almost looks like the frame rate jumped up for a moment every 4 seconds.

It seems the gpu is having a problem with every 120th frame

Is it maybe a driver issue? Windows 10?
I dont have this problem on any other program.

Halp

Here is a console log from opening the game
http://pastebin.com/9A5TBTfm

Im also having that same "game crashes whenever you click apply imediately" bug
Xonotic ver.
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4900MQ @ 2.80GHz
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 07C6X3 (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
ASUS VG278HE (1920x1080@120Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Dell)
2048MB ATI AMD FirePro W4170M (FireGL V) (Dell)

Update as of 3/5/16: Just as an update if anyone can help me, ive since changed graphics drivers and an HDD for an SSD, and the problem still remains
Can you try again after 0.8.2 is released and report back please?
A shot in the dark- have you tried disabling all extra graphical effects (dynamic lights, etc) then re-enabling them to see what runs without issue. I've had consistent crashing with Xonotic and it turned out to be some combination of settings.