Xonotic Forums

Full Version: factions:human
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello, my name is daniel planas. I'm not a good artist modeler, but I'm learning, I do best drawing concepts. This is my first concept, I hope you like it
Smile

human faction:

Woman:Atenea

Download(alpha):
http://omploader.org/vNHM2bg

Man:Julius(on work)
Looks good, but make sure that you have a way to accommodate models that are already scheduled for release (Erebus/Nyx, Ignis, Gak, etc.)

The other possibility is that someone who's good at mapping (not me) could take your concepts and make models based on them, so the concepts are of specific models, not "factions" in general.

It's up to you.
That's nice ugluck, but what about weapons concepts Big Grin? maybe for the Nex
to ensure your designed are used you are best to maintain a wiki on the factions and map concepts you propose.

http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...se_to_home

nice work
(06-16-2010, 04:18 PM)ugluck Wrote: [ -> ]hello, my name is daniel flat. I'm not a good artist modeler, but I'm learning, I do best drawing concepts. This is my first concept, I hope you like it and anybody can do it with 3dmodel.

I like this concept Smile I might try to model it, I'am not very good at modeling people but I can learn Smile Keep going!
(06-16-2010, 11:37 PM)Cuinnton Wrote: [ -> ]to ensure your designed are used you are best to maintain a wiki on the factions and map concepts you propose.

http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...se_to_home

nice work

That's one really ambitious singleplayer, especially for a free software project.
I was bored so I tried modeling the human concept as practice (My first high poly human character). Its probably not usable in xonotic, (116090 tris) but if anyone can use the model then I could post it.
(06-17-2010, 05:19 PM)freefang Wrote: [ -> ]I was bored so I tried modeling the human concept as practice (My first high poly human character). Its probably not usable in xonotic, (116090 tris) but if anyone can use the model then I could post it.

Nice model Smile It looks to me like an action figure or a toy beacuse it's shapes and edges are very smooth. Like it was made from plasticine or what... Smile I'am working on my own model of this...
(06-18-2010, 06:03 AM)unfa Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2010, 05:19 PM)freefang Wrote: [ -> ]I was bored so I tried modeling the human concept as practice (My first high poly human character). Its probably not usable in xonotic, (116090 tris) but if anyone can use the model then I could post it.

Nice model Smile It looks to me like an action figure or a toy beacuse it's shapes and edges are very smooth. Like it was made from plasticine or what... Smile I'am working on my own model of this...
Looks nice, and it looks very close to the concept. Smile
I used sculpris to make it, its great for organic models, but hard edges are pretty difficult to get right.
(06-18-2010, 07:26 AM)freefang Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice, and it looks very close to the concept. Smile
I used sculpris to make it, its great for organic models, but hard edges are pretty difficult to get right.
Thanks Smile I am using the concept-art as a background image as I model to make it as close to idea as possible.

Yeah, Sculptris doesn't look like a tool for modeling metal or something...

[attachment=64]

Once I finish making low-poly model I'll start working on the high-poly and bake normals. This is untextured Smile

I made a little video preview with BGE:
[VIDEO]
(06-18-2010, 06:03 AM)unfa Wrote: [ -> ]

nice, Wink actually i'm working on robot concepts.
A big one:

[IMAGE]
the model looks nice, but its too iron-man-like.......
(06-18-2010, 12:27 PM)jaykay Wrote: [ -> ]the model looks nice, but its too iron-man-like.......

Well it looks this way cos it is untextured, I'am going to add some grunge to this model and make it less shiny/reflexive.
(06-18-2010, 09:30 AM)unfa Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2010, 07:26 AM)freefang Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice, and it looks very close to the concept. Smile
Thanks Smile I am using the concept-art as a background image as I model to make it as close to idea as possible.

Yeah, Sculptris doesn't look like a tool for modeling metal or something...

Once I finish making low-poly model I'll start working on the high-poly and bake normals. This is untextured Smile

I made a little video preview with BGE:
[VIDEO]

Someone was bored, good work.
Lowpoly model refined: [IMAGE]
The style is different from the other models (and it should have been in a T-pose for easy animation).
Mostrar forma romanizada
I started creating my first model with blender, I hope to upload pictures soon, for now here you have another concept most current
i finish the model and i started textured, Wink
AN ALMOST FINISHED MODEL PREVIEW
is nearly finished, my first model!.

soon I'll upload my blend file, I hope you like. is that there are some mistakes but keep in mind this is my first.

Daniel.P
wow, that's really good work Smile

she's sexy
I'm finishing textures, I would like to add Bumb mapping but not as (work with blender) if someone could help me out
Now that was cool! Some random guy new to the forum jump on here and immediately start kicking some ass with his well done concepts followed by a really good model. Well done.
(06-25-2010, 06:57 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: [ -> ]Now that was cool! Some random guy new to the forum jump on here and immediately start kicking some ass with his well done concepts followed by a really good model. Well done.

thanks, the model is almost ready, now I have begun working with julius (the male model.) atenea already have the skeleton inside, but do not know how to transform it into a player. I hope someone can help me.

as I do that this model is playable?
I'm not sure what asshat rated this thread a 2, but you earned my 5
Pages: 1 2