Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Battle Arena Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will post here some news about the server.
http://ch4mp.com/xonotic
new update:

We've moved back to 0.8.1 stable for now.

The current git version has many performance issues. LOW FPS and HUGE CPU usage, it's 20% idle, each player + 15%.
It wasn't the case with 0.8.1 however - 3% idle and few more % for each player.

This is the reason why all the servers lag.
I've heard that 0.7 was the best version, but since then it's just getting worse and worse..
in b4 Mario's response on version stability and features in git
(07-14-2016, 02:54 AM)Ch4mp Wrote: [ -> ]new update:

We've moved back to 0.8.1 stable for now.

The current git version has many performance issues. LOW FPS and HUGE CPU usage, it's 20% idle, each player + 15%.
It wasn't the case with 0.8.1 however - 3% idle and few more % for each player.

This is the reason why all the servers lag.
I've heard that 0.7 was the best version, but since then it's just getting worse and worse..

If you are using a VPS and wondering why your performance sucks, that's probably it.
(07-15-2016, 05:50 AM)SPLAT Wrote: [ -> ]in b4 Mario's response on version stability and features in git

[attachment=1653]
(09-15-2016, 04:13 AM)Antares* Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2016, 05:50 AM)SPLAT Wrote: [ -> ]in b4 Mario's response on version stability and features in git

hey Timmy just posted an image!! The Samual irony in this one...
Mean while at Luigi's and Donkey Kong's POV.

[Image: latest?cb=20150109054247] [Image: latest?cb=20150109054245]
Interpretation: since it's Luigi's and Donkey Kong's POV it means it's what they actually see. So, Luigi seems to see the right image while Donkey Kong sees the left image. Luigi apparently is driving a vehicle, while Donkey Kong has troubles breathing. Apparently Luigi has hit Donkey Kong in some sort of car accident. Driving seems to be considered especially dangerous in this thread, considering that in the picture of Mario driving another vehicle some posts up he has catched fire while driving.

Now I wonder, what is the implication of all this? Promote public transport by showing how dangerous driving is? Seems legit, but I think this drives the tread a little off topic. Could we try to stick to the original topic (which I suppose was gathering more attention for Ch4mp)?
Alternatively, this IS what both Luigi and Donkey Kong are seeing. They are each looking into their respective mirrors, not liking the ragged shells of themselves they see reflected back. After a lifetime of playing second fiddle to Mario, Luigi has reached his breaking point and takes out his rage on the race track. He drives maniacally towards his unknowing brother with homicidal intent. Donkey Kong lives in relative comfort with approximately one billion bananas in his cave account, but soon it dawns on him that they are a perishable resource and his hoarding of them has threatened his species. He has mere days before his kind abandons him for the Chiquita banana temptress of the rival gorilla faction...

Edit: yes, I know I'm driving this further off topic. I couldn't resist! Stopping now.

Bananas! Okay, really stopping now.
aight, this server now supports all modes - TDM, CA, CTF, DUEL... and the others...