Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Fkeys F-keys F keys not working Mac OS Sierra 0.8.22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I upgraded to 0.8.2 I can no longer use my F-Keys to vote, etc.

Now, when I try to use any of the F-keys, what happens is what normally happens when I'm not in a game,
i.e. F1/F2 is for screen brightness, F4 Mission Control, etc.

Is there anyway to fix this myself or do I need to wait until the next version of Xonotic, assuming it's a known problem?
Have you tried pressing the F keys and FN (F-lock) key simultaneously? It's a key on your keyboard with FN written on it.
Of course, that's how they are normally used when I use Xonotic.  But, nope, no difference whether I hold 'fn' or not, same difference.
What OS are you using?
It's probably a good idea to check whether the Fn keys are even sent to the application. For example, can use go to the Help doc when pressing F1 in other applications?
says at the top " Mac OS Sierra 0.8.22"
Yes, going to Help with F1 works in other applications.
All F-keys used to work in Xonotic until the latest update, not only some of them work.
Have you tried updating to the latest autobuild to see if this behaviour is still present?

Use a shell and go into the directory Xonotic/misc/tools/rsync-updater/ and run the script called update-to-autobuild.sh (eg: ./update-to-autobuild.sh).

If you want to go back to the release build, go to that same directory and run update-to-release.sh instead.

Note: The *.sh scripts work for Linux and Mac users. Windows users should run the similarly named batch (*.bat) files for the same effect.
Okay, I just tried that, but it made no difference.  Previouisly I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no difference.
OK, Well that means it's not a fixed bug, so if there's a new release, it'll still be there.
Guess so, I can just change the keys to 1,2,3,4,5 keys for now.