Xonotic Forums

Full Version: When in game, the guns keep firing, sometimes doesn't fire when pointed at a target.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have been playing Quake series as long as I can remember and XONOTIC is like the best thing ever happened (much much better than Quake live). I have been playing XONOTIC for years (only local, bad internet connection).

Recently I have been having some issues:

1. When in game the gun (any) keeps firing continuously even if I am not pressing the fire button.
2. When I point at a target and press fire it doesn't fire, press again- nope, again -nope. No I am not quickly firing without giving time for reload.
3. When running at a lower resolution (@720) than my desktop (@1080) moving the mouse to extreme right or extreme down "moves" the game display to the opposite direction revealing the desktop! Or just goes completely weird : please see the attachments.

I think you can understand the frustration when you can't properly shoot in a shooting game! Rolleyes  PLEASE HELP ME! Shy
According to your screenshots, you use KDE.
I had the exact same problems a few weeks ago Smile

There used to be a bug in Plasma that affect fullscreen games, but it should be fixed in Plasma 5.10.3. What Plasma version do you use?
Relevant KDE bug report: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=380476

As a workaround, you can disable the left touchscreen action (System Configuration -> Workspace behavior -> Touchscreen -> uncheck the left action).
You can also disable Screen Edges actions in order to fix your issue with lower resolutions.
(09-07-2017, 06:51 AM)SpiKe Wrote: [ -> ]According to your screenshots, you use KDE.
I had the exact same problems a few weeks ago Smile

There used to be a bug in Plasma that affect fullscreen games, but it should be fixed in Plasma 5.10.3. What Plasma version do you use?
Relevant KDE bug report: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=380476

As a workaround, you can disable the left touchscreen action (System Configuration -> Workspace behavior -> Touchscreen -> uncheck the left action).
You can also disable Screen Edges actions in order to fix your issue with lower resolutions.

My Plasma version is 5.10.5 and I made the changes you suggested still the same issues!
Make sure you have "Allow applications to block compositing" checked on System Settings -> Screen and Display -> Compositor.

If compositing is on while you play Xonotic, it may also cause issues.