Xonotic Forums

Full Version: csprogs.dat in pk3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somebody was mentioning that I should pack csprogs.dat in pk3 format for faster download.
How do I do that?
Also, how unique is csprogs.dat? I assume it's identical as long as it's the same git commit, correct? Is it a good idea to centralize it?
Thanks!

title changed: "csprogrs.dat" -> "csprogs.dat" ~~ Mr. Bougo
After you compiled Xonotic, you'll find a csprogs-xonotic-v0.8.2-xxxx-xxxxxxx.pk3 in xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc/
I simply copy-paste this pk3 on .xonotic/data and on my http map repository.

The csprogs pk3 is indeed the same if you have different Xonotic installations based on the same xonotic-data git commit.
As long as you don't have a "dirty" git state in your xonotic-data.pk3dir the csprogs' names should not collide as the number is the checksum of the current git commit. If you have uncommited changes in that repo, the file name should have an extra character at the end (either "*" or "~", can't remember which is actually used). But even then two csprogs files would need to have the same base commit with both having different uncommited changes to actually cause problems
Thanks a lot for the clarification, @Spike and @Freddy.
Now does it mean if two servers use the same git commit, a player visiting both only needs to download csprogs-xxx-xxxx.pk3 once?