Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Free hosting for Xonotic servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a server I can donate to someone wanting to run a dedicated Xonotic server. It is a Ubuntu 64bit server that gives 30ms or so latency and includes a full website to go along with it. If you are interested go to https://fps.gameplayer.club/HostSplash, choose the "default" plan and then when checking out use the "offline" payment method and you will not be charged. Would like to work with you Smile
Marisa
(09-04-2018, 09:32 AM)Lyberta Wrote: [ -> ]How can you say something about latency without having 2 endpoints?

I was going by the averages I have seen on the server...
Yeah. But where is the server and where are your players connecting from for the ping to be 30 ms.
Im in san francisco, and the server is in dallas texas...
@MarisaG, it may be a good idea to start a thread for each of your servers (or have one for all your servers).

Anyway, I'd like to report that the download of the maps from your servers doesn't seem to work. All I saw was blank maps. This is likely because you didn't configureĀ curl_urls.txt correctly.
(09-17-2018, 11:20 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: [ -> ]@MarisaG, it may be a good idea to start a thread for each of your servers (or have one for all your servers).

Anyway, I'd like to report that the download of the maps from your servers doesn't seem to work. All I saw was blank maps. This is likely because you didn't configureĀ curl_urls.txt correctly.

Very odd, I will look into that. I don't see a "curl_urls.txt" file at all. Where is there info on setting it up?
(09-18-2018, 06:48 PM)MarisaG Wrote: [ -> ]Very odd, I will look into that. I don't see a "curl_urls.txt" file at all. Where is there info on setting it up?

https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=5952
Thx!
Great! I created that file and copied in that content and restarted my server. Do I need to do anything else? And of course I copied the maps I use into that server directory.