Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Custom Announcer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've been wanting to make a custom announcer for awhile and I have all the sounds, how do I put it together as a pk3 so I can give it to others and use it?
A pk3 archive is nothing else than a "renamed" zip archive. Info about the PK3 file format

In the pk3 archive your voicelines need to be placed under sound/announcer/<NAME_OF_YOUR_ANNOUNCERPACK>/

After this you simply put the pk3 file into your Xonotic data folder.

You can than use it ingame by setting cl_announcer "<NAME_OF_YOUR_ANNOUNCERPACK>"
(01-02-2019, 04:48 PM)Zilor Wrote: [ -> ]A pk3 archive is nothing else than a "renamed" zip archive. Info about the PK3 file format

In the pk3 archive your voicelines need to be placed under sound/announcer/<NAME_OF_YOUR_ANNOUNCERPACK>/

After this you simply put the pk3 file into your Xonotic data folder.

You can than use it ingame by setting cl_announcer "<NAME_OF_YOUR_ANNOUNCERPACK>"
I know how to make a pk3 I just don't know how to layout the pk3 I didn't know about the cl_announcer, how do I make an announcer pack? what should the pk3 look like? I'll try my best but please help!
Your file structure should look like this:
zzz-announcer-<ANNOUNCER_NAME>.pk3
└sound
⠀└announcer
⠀⠀└<ANNOUNCER_NAME>
⠀⠀⠀├1.ogg
⠀⠀⠀├1fragleft.ogg
⠀⠀⠀├1minuteremains.ogg
⠀⠀⠀├ …
⠀⠀⠀└ yourflagreturned.ogg

When still in doubt: Have a look how Mario packed his eSpeak announcer.
(01-03-2019, 05:37 AM)Zilor Wrote: [ -> ]Your file structure should look like this:
zzz-announcer-<ANNOUNCER_NAME>.pk3
└sound
⠀└announcer
⠀⠀└<ANNOUNCER_NAME>
⠀⠀⠀├1.ogg
⠀⠀⠀├1fragleft.ogg
⠀⠀⠀├1minuteremains.ogg
⠀⠀⠀├ …
⠀⠀⠀└ yourflagreturned.ogg

When still in doubt: Have a look how Mario packed his eSpeak announcer.

Ok thanks! I'll try it today and let you know how it goes!