Xonotic Forums

Full Version: NetRadiant Func_Destructable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm trying to make a Stalactite that break, falls, and crushes anyone underneath it. How do I import the model files? I am using the Func_Destructable. What perimeters and variables do I need to use and what numbers do I need to put in?
(01-06-2019, 04:48 AM)Lyberta Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't get to mess with NetRadiant myself but I'm pretty sure that func_ entities expect brushes and not models. I don't know what the classname is for breakable model.

The classname is func_destructable. It tells me to input a model file for the debris.
(01-07-2019, 01:18 AM)Lyberta Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, so it is breakable brush that spawns models on destruction. Not quite what you want since you want a stalactite model, not a brush.

I am going to use the brush as the stalactite, and then when it's shot it'll disappear and spawn the debris models, My problem isn't all that, it's getting the debris to do damage to players underneath it. Otherwise what should I use?
(01-08-2019, 05:36 AM)Lyberta Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, something that spawns something that can damage players... Some kind of spawner that spawns physics entity that has trigger_hurt as a child? Sorry, I've only mapped for Source engine but Source engine comes from Quake 1 engine and DarkPlaces too so at least I can help with some basics.

Hmm, Thanks!! I didn't even think about spawning a child with a trigger_hurt. I'll look into it!