Xonotic Forums

Full Version: NetRadiant Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm trying to make a window on a floor, but whenever I look into it it's hiding certain parts of the map underneath it. If I look straight down it just turns black. I have tried using caulk invisible and every other common texture but nothing works. I don't have a glass texture, and don't know how to import textures. Where do I make a textures folder so that I can make and add textures? Thanks for any help in advance.
Hi, I'm trying to make a window on a floor, but whenever I look into it it's hiding certain parts of the map underneath it. If I look straight down it just turns black.
Are you talking about the map compiled and as seen in-game or are you talking about the editor view?

I don't have a glass texture, and don't know how to import textures. Where do I make a textures folder so that I can make and add textures?
You should set up Netradiant to look for Xonotic's install that way it can use Xonotic textures. There's a glass texture in trak5x/misc-glass.
(01-08-2019, 06:56 PM)Antares* Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm trying to make a window on a floor, but whenever I look into it it's hiding certain parts of the map underneath it. If I look straight down it just turns black.
Are you talking about the map compiled and as seen in-game or are you talking about the editor view?

I don't have a glass texture, and don't know how to import textures. Where do I make a textures folder so that I can make and add textures?
You should set up Netradiant to look for Xonotic's install that way it can use Xonotic textures. There's a glass texture in trak5x/misc-glass.

I have textures, and yes it's when the map is compiled, I just solved it but also when I open trak5x nothing opens and Yes I do have everything pointed right.
(01-08-2019, 07:16 PM)3agle427 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2019, 06:56 PM)Antares* Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm trying to make a window on a floor, but whenever I look into it it's hiding certain parts of the map underneath it. If I look straight down it just turns black.

I have textures, and yes it's when the map is compiled, I just solved it but also when I open trak5x nothing opens and Yes I do have everything pointed right.

Hi, I'm trying to make a window on a floor, but whenever I look into it it's hiding certain parts of the map underneath it. If I look straight down it just turns black.

This is when you don't have a skybox.
I have made some glass textures:

https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=7892