Xonotic Forums

Full Version: strange checker pattern in the middle of explosions on Windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
strange checker pattern in the middle of explosions with lots of particles in the screen (only on win10)
[Image: checker-pattern.jpg]
Hi guys, heres something I noticed when playing the mighty Xon on my windows 10 gaming rig
interestingly in linux I get so such issue
both in Linux and Win 10 I am running the exact same Xonotic package (xonotic-0.8.2.zip) with xonotic-0.8.2-mappingsupport.zip
I run;
GPU -nVidia 980Ti
Resolution - 1980x1024 @ 120Hz
CPU - Intel i7 4890K
Memory - 32GB ddr3 Ram 1600 MHz
Storage - Samsung Evo 820 Sata-3 SSD
Video drivers in windows are Nvidia DCH 452.06 with DX12, though im not sure how much DX matters in Xonotic

in linux I run the newest I can with is nvidia-450xx-dkms - AUR (en) and I run Manjaro linux, based on Arch
Honestly the game runs and looks great but this strange explosions glitch is starting to annoy me
I wonder if anyone can tall me anything about TGA vs DDS shaders and if the windows build actually uses a different texture in a different format?
is anyone else seeing this issue?
cheers!
This is a known issue that was patched in newer engine revisions, and will likely be fixed in 0.8.3: https://gitlab.com/xonotic/darkplaces/-/issues/114
(09-23-2020, 12:19 AM)fabzor3 Wrote: [ -> ]strange checker pattern in the middle of explosions with lots of particles in the screen
This screenshot is from Windows 10
[Image: checker-pattern.jpg]

and below we can also see it happening in Linux!
[Image: vvP9P4L.jpg]
Hi guys, heres something I noticed when playing the mighty Xon on my windows 10 gaming rig

both in Linux and Win 10 I am running the exact same Xonotic package (xonotic-0.8.2.zip) with xonotic-0.8.2-mappingsupport.zip

I run;
GPU -nVidia 980Ti
Resolution - 1980x1080 @ 144Hz
CPU - Intel i7 4890K
Memory - 32GB ddr3 Ram 1600 MHz
Storage - Samsung Evo 820 Sata-3 SSD
Video drivers in windows are Nvidia DCH 452.06 with DX12, though im not sure how much DX matters in Xonotic

Honestly the game runs and looks great but this strange explosions glitch is starting to annoy me

is anyone else seeing this issue?
cheers!