Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Eris server ban?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having trouble connecting to Eris servers. Once I connect, the screen started to freeze after a few seconds.

I tried both git and official release client versions but the results were the same. I'm left to wonder whether I unlocked my first Xonotic ban with my player ID (would like to know why if that's the case), or perhaps my IP just fell within a ban range.

Anybody else experiencing the same thing?
Hi BFG, malice (server admin) has no forum account to respond you here but he asked to forward you this message "<Clanexe> xdf > malice ☭: Tell him to get on irc and talk to me there Big Grin"
(10-18-2020, 01:00 PM)morosophos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi BFG, malice (server admin) has no forum account to respond you here  but he asked to forward you this message "<Clanexe> xdf > malice ☭: Tell him to get on irc and talk to me there Big Grin"

Thanks!
It turned out many people experienced the same problem. malice and I spent some time testing, and it also turned out to be a very mysterious problem. We filed an issue for now.

While the devs are trying to solve the problem, for those who are trying to connect, here's something that worked, at least for now:

Increase the var `rate` by a lot. I changed mine to 67676767. And reconnect (yes, don't give up if it fails the first time. Just reconnect.)

Marking as solved for now since we have a temporary solution.