Xonotic Forums
Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game (/showthread.php?tid=1134)

Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - SkyHookers - 10-23-2010

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - Flying Steel - 10-23-2010

(10-23-2010, 05:10 AM)SkyHookers Wrote: If you will help me with Development.. so could you make Models.. Big Grin

Is this a commercial project with realistic chances of making more money than it will cost in time to make? Or are you going to pay your artists per hour or per assignment as they go?

If neither, you should switch to Panda3D and release under an open source or free license. Because otherwise there isn't much incentive for artists to help you out for free.

Closed source, freeware game projects are rarely successful. And even then, less rewarding for contributors, because their closed source nature doesn't easily attract future maintainers, which leads to a much shorter lifespan.

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - rainerzufalldererste - 10-23-2010

who are the developers? just you? will it be gpl? website? platforms? language (QuakeC, C++) and OpenGL?

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - SkyHookers - 10-24-2010

EDITED: The Unity Game (Xion) is now a Nexuiz Remake

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - SkyHookers - 10-24-2010

EDITED: The Unity Game (Xion) is now a Nexuiz Remake

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - ai - 10-24-2010

So now there's "3" (note my quotes) games based off of Nexuiz? Why? Also, how far have you come with Xion and what are the goals? So basically, there's Nexuiz based off DarkPlaces, there's Nexuiz based off Cryengine and Nexuiz based off Unity? I'm sorry if sound harsh and negative but, why not make Nexuiz for all kinds of engines?

Again, I'm not against you, your idea and ambition, I just can't get my head around why anyone would want to make yet another Nexuiz game.

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - rainerzufalldererste - 10-24-2010

hmmm... do we nee that many?

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - SkyHookers - 10-25-2010

Xion is a Darkplaces Game now
Quote:Is this a commercial project with realistic chances of making more money than it will cost in time to make? Or are you going to pay your artists per hour or per assignment as they go?

If neither, you should switch to Panda3D and release under an open source or free license. Because otherwise there isn't much incentive for artists to help you out for free.

Closed source, freeware game projects are rarely successful. And even then, less rewarding for contributors, because their closed source nature doesn't easily attract future maintainers, which leads to a much shorter lifespan.

Xion is a Open Source game, FREE OF COURSE!!

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - Dokujisan - 10-25-2010

Answer: It's called Xion. It's free and open source. It is a fork of Nexuiz...maybe.

Question: What information do I know about the Xion project?

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - Spyz - 10-26-2010

Xion sounds awfully like Xonotic.. and now based on the same engine.. urgh! What is really the point? Why not just help out with Xonotic?

I've seen (and had) first hand experience with people who constantly change their minds in development. It ends up falling flat on it's face. (Don't mean to sound harsh).

RE: Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game - SkyHookers - 11-11-2010

Xion has been renamed and changed, see the Aylonic topic for info!

And yes, Xion has got into a Nexuiz Image Mod and sounds Awfully like Xonotic