Xonotic Forums
Menu - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Development (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Menu (/showthread.php?tid=126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Menu - Banshee - 04-15-2010

same here, it looks like old school sci-fi, nice work R Smile

RE: Menu - od@r - 04-15-2010

THX mate K! Smile

RE: Menu - Debugger - 04-17-2010

It just rocks Wink

Intresting change to the old Nexuiz menu...

suggestion: May making changing pictures/nice map videos/ingame action if no menu-point is pressed?! After click the background will still be there...just blurry Wink

What about that? Smile

RE: Menu - Roanoke - 04-17-2010

(04-15-2010, 06:00 AM)od@r Wrote: here is my menu work,you can use Xonotic logo up-left:
Doesn't fit xonotic's style whatsoever.

RE: Menu - od@r - 04-19-2010

entire treatment menu depends on the notion of developers which marked how must look menu, all menu groups can be easily adapted to produce one Xonotic menu complex

RE: Menu - od@r - 04-19-2010

(04-17-2010, 06:14 AM)Debugger Wrote: It just rocks Wink

Intresting change to the old Nexuiz menu...

suggestion: May making changing pictures/nice map videos/ingame action if no menu-point is pressed?! After click the background will still be there...just blurry Wink

What about that? Smile

Thank you debuger! ... sounds nice,i try think about that in future Smile

RE: Menu - master[mind] - 04-23-2010

I'm gonna leave the menu idea alone. The current menu options are great. I'm gonna shift to mapping this summer and music whenever. I think I can get some mapping done...maybe... Big Grin

Got college, scholarships, and graduating this year to worry about. I definitely want to contribute, just gonna have to put it on the backburner for a short bit till I graduate, get some new hardware, and beat Chrono Trigger.

RE: Menu - Lee_Stricklin - 04-25-2010

master[mind Wrote:and beat Chrono Trigger.

Clearly your highest priority at the moment.

RE: Menu - divVerent - 04-26-2010

I don't like reducing the flexibility of the current menu that radically - it should IMHO just be cleaned up (useless options removed/moved into advanced dialogs) - however, I do like the idea of e.g. adding IRC chat support, or an animated background.

The style ideas here are not bad, and should IMHO rather be implemented as skins for the current menu - even the buttons-at-the-side idea can be implemented using the current code if changing the arrangement and scale parameters of the subwindows, and changing how the title is displayed, most of which already is skin-controllable.

Also, I really want to keep the menu dynamic, and esteel is currently working on some improvements for this (like, better animations).

Furthermore, better menu/CSQC integration is planned (a start would be a MessageBox function using which CSQC or even server code can show simple dialogs).

Most suggestions here however need extensive engine changes, like realtime rendering a model in the menu - a feature we need anyway, like for player model preview. Just saying that this won't happen anytime soon, but would be great.

RE: Menu - master[mind] - 04-27-2010

(04-26-2010, 11:01 AM)divVerent Wrote: I don't like reducing the flexibility of the current menu that radically - it should IMHO just be cleaned up (useless options removed/moved into advanced dialogs) - however, I do like the idea of e.g. adding IRC chat support, or an animated background.

The style ideas here are not bad, and should IMHO rather be implemented as skins for the current menu - even the buttons-at-the-side idea can be implemented using the current code if changing the arrangement and scale parameters of the subwindows, and changing how the title is displayed, most of which already is skin-controllable.

Also, I really want to keep the menu dynamic, and esteel is currently working on some improvements for this (like, better animations).

Furthermore, better menu/CSQC integration is planned (a start would be a MessageBox function using which CSQC or even server code can show simple dialogs).

Most suggestions here however need extensive engine changes, like realtime rendering a model in the menu - a feature we need anyway, like for player model preview. Just saying that this won't happen anytime soon, but would be great.

The animated menu background is similar to Warsow...except our's will be realtime instead of a video. Were cooler Big Grin. I just don't have an opportunity to try anything right now.

RE: Menu - Roanoke - 04-27-2010

What do you mean by realtime?

RE: Menu - EvilSpaceHamster - 04-27-2010

(04-26-2010, 11:01 AM)divVerent Wrote: I do like the idea of e.g. adding IRC chat support

that would be cool with links to join severs, like server joining announcements.

e.g.

[evilspacehamster] Im gonna play a game now, follow me if you want :p
*evilspacehamster is now playing a game, click here to join.

RE: Menu - master[mind] - 04-28-2010

(04-27-2010, 06:23 PM)Roanoke Wrote: What do you mean by realtime?

As in, a camera exploring a level.

RE: Menu - Roanoke - 04-28-2010

In order to do that, mappers would need to somehow indicate where to go and how fast and by which route.

RE: Menu - nifrek - 04-28-2010

(04-28-2010, 08:16 PM)Roanoke Wrote: In order to do that, mappers would need to somehow indicate where to go and how fast and by which route.

Well if it's that simple, then already have that feature, it's called a demo. You can already start the game with a demo playing in the background, that feature was already in the q1 engine.

But that's not what Div meant, he meant ie: in player settings, showing your player in 3d that rotates and updates in real time while change settings (player model and color).

RE: Menu - Roanoke - 04-28-2010

(04-27-2010, 03:41 PM)master[mind] Wrote: The animated menu background is similar to Warsow...except our's will be realtime instead of a video. Were cooler Big Grin.
(04-28-2010, 09:13 PM)nifrek Wrote: But that's not what Div meant, he meant ie: in player settings, showing your player in 3d that rotates and updates in real time while change settings (player model and color).
It's what mastermind meant Tongue Yeah, a demo would do nicely.

RE: Menu - unfa - 05-21-2010

(04-28-2010, 09:13 PM)nifrek Wrote: t's not what Div meant, he meant ie: in player settings, showing your player in 3d that rotates and updates in real time while change settings (player model and color).
That would be great..

Also playing demos in the menu background (with no sound by default) would be fun, but in Quake II it is for me boring that the same demos in a rigid order are playing everytime I run it.

So please make those demos play randomly. Maybe it would be cool if those demos are played not from the beginning but say 30 seconds (or random value) forward (to cut off boring start of the recorded match) in slowmo 0.25 or so (all of that should be customizable though)

RE: Menu - master[mind] - 05-21-2010

Not demo's, just the random exploration of a random level. With some contrast tweaking and some color filtering, it will look great in the background.

RE: Menu - Roanoke - 05-21-2010

How would you make the camera do interesting stuff instead of just going in a straight line, hitting and passing through geometry?

RE: Menu - XV22 - 05-23-2010

very nice menu,
indeed the old menu should be changed.

RE: Menu - master[mind] - 05-23-2010

Same way we work with AI. A few bezier curves, and you have a nice path. The menu already has support for this feature, it just needs to be "activated".

RE: Menu - Roanoke - 05-23-2010

Erm, I don't think so. If understood you correctly, "Menu has support for following a path set by the user with a camera and playing it in background." This is not true, in addition, that would not be random. In any case, demos are much saner.

RE: Menu - unfa - 06-14-2010

Yeah, I think that playing demo instead of fly-by is easier to make. And I prefer seeing some action in slowo there instead of just a fly-by. That's just my opinion.

Anyway: is there a possibility to see this new menu in our GIT games? Some... branch or root? Smile

EDIT:

As for fly-by: maybe there could be some code written to create an unicersal flying camera? No matter where you put it it will fly nicely showing stuff? (I still prefer demos Wink)

RE: Menu - rainerzufalldererste - 07-22-2010

Are the developers even trying to include this menu in xonotic?
Haven't seen any changes yet Sad
It looks so good...we simply must include it

RE: Menu - parasti - 07-22-2010

Nobody is working on this due to limited resources and other priorities. Work on IRC code was started, however, the code is available in darkplaces.git.