Xonotic Forums
[SUGGESTION] My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Suggestion Box (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: [SUGGESTION] My proposal on weapon and physics balances (/showthread.php?tid=1429)

My proposal on weapon and physics balances - CuBe0wL - 01-03-2011

Choose one from the above.
And STFU already.

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Cortez666 - 01-03-2011

why not from every mutliplayer fps? so we attract many many people and become the biggest game ever!

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - top_cat - 01-03-2011

Currently, is it possible to change physics without modifying the source? If it is, no-one has anything to complain about.

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Spaceman - 01-03-2011

(01-03-2011, 02:55 PM)top_cat Wrote: Currently, is it possible to change physics without modifying the source? If it is, no-one has anything to complain about.

open your game console and type "exec foo_balance.cfg" this will load foo_balance, you may need to restart the game for all the changes to work.

If you're using RCON then something like
PHP Code:
rcon_password bar
rcon exec foo_balance
.cfg
rcon restart 

You could add "exec foo_balance.cfg" to your autoexec.cfg or server.cfg and then restart (or fs_rescan ; exec [autoexec|server].cfg).

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Samual - 01-03-2011

I shall inflate all results by one as THEY ALL SUCK.

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - nowego4 - 01-03-2011

Hehe I've never played any of those except a Halo demo a loonngg time ago.
Where's the "Happy with what we have" option?

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Lee_Stricklin - 01-03-2011

(01-03-2011, 02:55 PM)top_cat Wrote: Currently, is it possible to change physics without modifying the source? If it is, no-one has anything to complain about.

Anybody can create their own physics and balance files and execute them in game. You just have to make sure they're in your data directory. Here's mine if you want to toy around with physics/balance, you should be able to find other ones in:

Xonotic/data/xonotic-20101223-data.pk3

.zip   balanceLeeStricklin.zip (Size: 6.17 KB / Downloads: 0)

To use whatever physics/balance you created/tweaked, just copy them to your .xonotic/data folder under Linux or My Games/xonotic/data under Windows. After that exec them in your console before starting a game:

exec balancefilename.cfg
exec physicsfilename.cfg

For example to exec my balance/physics you would type:

exec balanceLeeStricklin.cfg
exec physicsLeeStricklin-ModdedFruit.cfg

Have fun!

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - CuBe0wL - 01-03-2011

You clearly didn't get the point of this thread...

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - FruitieX - 01-03-2011

just for the record, i voted for all of them
(01-03-2011, 02:52 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: why not from every mutliplayer fps? so we attract many many people and become the biggest game ever!

And each player gets to pick their own settings!

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Lee_Stricklin - 01-03-2011

(01-03-2011, 06:25 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: You clearly didn't get the point of this thread...

Actually I kinda did, but this guy had a question and I answered it. Basically your sick of seeing balance threads pop up and find them annoying and your probably getting annoyed with the balanceFruit thread getting hot. Seeing the problems with balanceFruit, I have no intention of halting development on my configs and have no intention of stopping Samual or pretty much any other person from developing their own either. I can understand if your getting annoyed with a lot of my posts though, as I think it's safe to say most of you have heard of my balance by now. Given the lack of feed back on them, I do wonder if anybody has actually exec'd these files and actually TRIED THEM out though.

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - clanclanclan - 01-03-2011

I voted CPMA because that's the only physics that doesn't drive me insane. Halo is far too slow, and in counterstrike you can jump small buildings in a single bound Tongue

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - theShadow - 01-03-2011

I voted for halo because it has a chocobo

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Mirio - 01-03-2011

I can haz Nexuiz physicz?

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - FruitieX - 01-03-2011

(01-03-2011, 07:10 PM)Mirio Wrote: I can haz Nexuiz physicz?

nope.avi

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Liquid Sin - 01-03-2011

(01-03-2011, 07:10 PM)Mirio Wrote: I can haz Nexuiz physicz?
Big GrinBig Grin

(01-03-2011, 07:11 PM)FruitieX Wrote: nope.avi

booo... jk I know we will have Nexuiz cfg'd xonotic servers for us refugee nex players.

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - GreEn`mArine - 01-04-2011

Please make the physics so that the floor is full of bananas, and the guns also shoot bananas exclusively!. So.. basically Bananarama!

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - PinkRobot - 01-04-2011

Needs slippery banana texture.

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - CuBe0wL - 01-04-2011

Hm... I forgot to mention that those who vote on CS will be banned (and shot) on sight.

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - lda17h - 01-04-2011

DAmn, i have to change my vote to CS now, just to see that..

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - FruitieX - 01-05-2011

Bump for moar votes

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Spaceman - 01-05-2011

* Spaceman hides from Cubey

top_cat,
you can also experiment with the various cvar's ingame. By opening the game console and changing the cvar's, or editing one of the configs with a text editor, saving it and then with the game console "fs_rescan, exec the_config.cfg".

fs_rescan makes DarkPlaces rescan the file system and will load anything suitable it finds in the data dir.

exec ... executes the config.

HTH

PS don't worry somebody will complain about the weapon or physics configuration.

RE: My proposal on weapon and physics balances - Lee_Stricklin - 01-05-2011

(01-04-2011, 08:05 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Hm... I forgot to mention that those who vote on CS will be banned (and shot) on sight.

Hey there's nothing bad about Counter Strike outside the fact that it sucks due to it being a shallow and boring game that gets old quick since you do exactly the same stuff round after round.