Xonotic Forums
Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - General (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Ask your questions about Xonotic here (/showthread.php?tid=15)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Mario - 01-05-2015

As you may recall, we had a very long thread discussing the balance (and a little about the physics), settings were taken directly from opinions and tested with players.
Sure, there will always be people with opinions who weren't around at the time, not much we can do for them, but be aware that we did our best to keep the community involved in the process. 0.8 will be great because of all the helpful suggestions and opinions of the community.

end user: There are 2 separate balances; one optimized for pro mode, the other optimized for casual game play.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - asyyy - 01-05-2015

There was more than one person asking why to change the hagar, crylink and nex like that, and I do not remember anyone requesting it.
But some discussions are futile, luckily everyone is free to configure their server the way they want to. It's a free game after all.

All in all I am glad that 0.8 will be released, all the bug fixes and new features are certainly something to look forward to.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - end user - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 05:06 PM)Mario Wrote: As you may recall, we had a very long thread discussing the balance (and a little about the physics), settings were taken directly from opinions and tested with players.
Sure, there will always be people with opinions who weren't around at the time, not much we can do for them, but be aware that we did our best to keep the community involved in the process. 0.8 will be great because of all the helpful suggestions and opinions of the community.

end user: There are 2 separate balances; one optimized for pro mode, the other optimized for casual game play.

Well the for everyone balance should be priority and pro can be ran on servers that want it, they should stick a tag on their name [Pro]

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - GoregeousGuy - 01-06-2015

Well, i guess you can't make every one happy with 1 balance.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - grigorii - 01-06-2015

(01-05-2015, 05:06 PM)Mario Wrote: end user: There are 2 separate balances; one optimized for pro mode, the other optimized for casual game play.

Both balances optimized for pro mode. balanceXPM.cfg little bit more pro than balanceXonotic.cfg. The only balance for casual game play is g_minstagib 1.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - aa - 01-07-2015

That sadly seems to be the case.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Halogene - 01-10-2015

I think we should finally allow the balance to be set client-side. That way everyone could play with their favorite on the same server.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Mario - 01-10-2015

I already do this with physics on the SMB servers, pretty fun. Unfortunately, I know balance is a joke.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Mr. Bougo - 01-11-2015

(01-10-2015, 05:58 AM)Mario Wrote: I already do this with physics on the SMB servers, pretty fun. Unfortunately, I know balance is a joke.

Whaaaaat. Care to explain?

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Mario - 01-11-2015

An old-ish experiment of mine, client select-able physics sets (the variables and settings are still server side), allows players to use Nexuiz physics on servers running Xonotic physics as default, and the other way around.
You can see the branch here: https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-data.pk3dir/compare/master...Mario/physics

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Mr. Bougo - 01-12-2015

Hah, that's fun. I can imagine this being frustrating in speed-based modes though, when your enemy picks the right physics Tongue

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Veudekato - 01-17-2015

sorry, i dont know where i must post this.
1.How to install Mario's mod pack. I meaning hats,monsters,quick menu , etc.
I want to use this when create a game (offline).
ver 0.8.0
2. how to switch camera view mode (1ST PERSON OR 3) IN 0.8.0
3. Why i cant see players names when press tab in 0.8.0 how to fix?
Please help

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - end user - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 07:20 AM)Veudekato Wrote: sorry, i dont know where i must post this.
1.How to install Mario's mod pack. I meaning hats,monsters,quick menu , etc.
ver 0.8.0
2. how to switch camera view mode (1ST PERSON OR 3) IN 0.8.0
3. Why i cant see players names when press tab in 0.8.0 how to fix?
Please help

https://github.com/MarioSMB/modpack

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Veudekato - 01-18-2015

Thanks, i know how to download. I meaning how to install and use it on my pc?

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Halogene - 01-19-2015

(01-17-2015, 07:20 AM)Veudekato Wrote: 1.How to install Mario's mod pack. I meaning hats,monsters,quick menu , etc.
ver 0.8.0
I think you just save the pk3 referenced by end user into your users' data folder (Linux: ~/.xonotic/data; Windows: something like <youruserdirectory>\My Games\Xonotic\data; MacOS used to be ~/Library/Application Support/xonotic/data). That should be sufficient to make Xonotic load it upon start.

(01-17-2015, 07:20 AM)Veudekato Wrote: 2. how to switch camera view mode (1ST PERSON OR 3) IN 0.8.0
You can assign a key for that in the settings window, input tab (see section "Teamplay").

(01-17-2015, 07:20 AM)Veudekato Wrote: 3. Why i cant see players names when press tab in 0.8.0 how to fix?
Per default <TAB> would show the scoreboard, is that what you mean? If it doesn't work for you, you can assign a key in the settings window, input tab (section "View"). For player names floating above players, check the settings window, game tab, HUD sub-tab, on the right.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Veudekato - 01-19-2015

Thanks, But it still not workd. glith wuth names fixed. Camera is working now

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Halogene - 01-19-2015

It should be loaded if you saved it there. That does of course not mean it is automatically activated if you start a server - you'll most probably have to activate it for your server then using the relevant commands. Mario might be able to help you with that.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Mario - 01-19-2015

Please read the usage instructions carefully on the mod's GitHub page, it should guide you through the setup.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Veudekato - 01-20-2015

Okey.ill try again.
Please help with this:
I download xonotic 0.8 and update this. (
Run file,i dont remember).
But i can't see invasion and jailbreak mode in mode list. And how to spawn monsters? I see this function in dev window (ingame)

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Djehuty-X - 03-29-2015

I would like to know why use DarkPlaces Quake I engine (id Tech I) instead of Quake II engine (id Tech II)?

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Halogene - 03-29-2015

This game has very old roots. When people started to work on this (the predecessor Nexuiz, that is), Quake II Engine source code was not even released (at least according to Wikipedia...).

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - selinaKyle - 05-19-2015

Hi,

I would ask permission to use the data in the statistics page for my research.
Is there a repository where I could get them?

Kindly send me a private message if you need more info.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - SPLAT - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 10:07 AM)selinaKyle Wrote: Hi,

I would ask permission to use the data in the statistics page for my research.
Is there a repository where I could get them?

Kindly send me a private message if you need more info.

You should ask Antibody. Hes a dev in charge of that kinda stuff.

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - Ogger73 - 05-19-2015

(03-29-2015, 12:49 PM)Djehuty-X Wrote: I would like to know why use DarkPlaces Quake I engine (id Tech I) instead of Quake II engine (id Tech II)?

Quake 1 and Quake 2 use id Tech 2, id Tech 1 engine was Doom. Darkplaces also has features backported from id tech 3 and other features not found in id Tech 2. Darkplaces also has most of the rendering features of id tech 4, except for Megatexture(?).

RE: Ask your questions about Xonotic here - ThunderCat - 05-24-2015

Hi!

One stupid question, can xonotic work with a 21 by 9 aspect ratio monitor?

Thanks guys Wink