Xonotic Forums
minor fixes for physicsCPMA.cfg and physicsXPM.cfg - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Development (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: minor fixes for physicsCPMA.cfg and physicsXPM.cfg (/showthread.php?tid=1548)

minor fixes for physicsCPMA.cfg and physicsXPM.cfg - bones_was_here - 02-03-2011

Hai guise, I notice that these configs set g_teleport_maxspeed 320 - this is not correct, it's 400 in CPMA. 320 breaks some defrag maps that would otherwise work.

physicsXPM.cfg sets sv_doublejump 1 - this makes some odd things possible, such as getting air from stairs as if they were a ramp (except more random), and silently scaling walls on stormkeep to reach the upper level without using stairs, jumppads, laser, etc.
EDIT: Xonotic/Q2 style doublejumps are not used in CPMA or VQ3, so are not needed to complete any defrag maps.

RE: minor fixes for physicsCPMA.cfg and physicsXPM.cfg - chooksta - 02-04-2011

very interesting mate , hai! Big Grin

bones , even though u know i know f,,k all about code and stuff,

this stuff imo is required alot more , good work sir.

ild like to know if there is other things that u have noticed mate , please

idk , but maybe a independant audit group (or thread , idk)

not to be used as a dev bashing tool , but one to make people/peoples aware.
(i wish i could help in this way , but i know f,,k all Sad )

(i probs fail by missing something somewhere....)

anyway , good work!

:^

RE: minor fixes for physicsCPMA.cfg and physicsXPM.cfg - kojn^ - 02-07-2011

Cool stuff, maybe FruitieX was unaware of this??

Just out of interest, which maps did it break that you played on?

As for doublejump, it has never worked 'perfectly' or 'correctly' for sometime, but until someone fixes the code for it, it will be like this.

Also it is NEEDED on some maps to complete them, I can confirm though sometimes you get weird/wrong air off jumps that should be doublejumps unless you hit them properly due to the code for it not being good (what I've been told, don't scream at me div0! Wink).

RE: minor fixes for physicsCPMA.cfg and physicsXPM.cfg - chooksta - 02-08-2011

Also it is NEEDED on some maps to complete them, I can confirm though sometimes you get weird/wrong air off jumps that should be doublejumps unless you hit them properly due to the code for it not being good (what I've been told, don't scream at me div0! ).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPEAK ENGLISH U POMMY GIT! Tongue
(my 300th post goes too my mate kojn^ , much respect to you sir)

i find im getting the same jumps as the old game , on mental space i even went off the back pads at the bases and managed to curve around and land at the middle platform! , was bloody good fun ay chaps!

:^

RE: minor fixes for physicsCPMA.cfg and physicsXPM.cfg - Samual - 02-12-2011

So do you guys need these changes committed? FruitieX seems to be on extended leave, so I suppose if you need me to i'll go ahead and edit these then submit them to be committed into Xonotic.

Also: Yes, the doublejump code isn't so good -- but well, not many people care enough for doublejumps in the first place, this is why. I'm sure whatever bugs are there probably are fixable if someone spent enough time on it, but no one who can wants to Tongue

RE: minor fixes for physicsCPMA.cfg and physicsXPM.cfg - FruitieX - 02-12-2011

Yeah, commit that Smile

RE: minor fixes for physicsCPMA.cfg and physicsXPM.cfg - kojn^ - 02-25-2011

Tried to play nexrun last night, and the teleporters are completely borked on the nexrun server???
Go through them and wasn't getting near enough speed, virtually just stop dead most of the time, anyone know what the problem is please, and can we get it fixed as well as it make's a lot of maps unplayable.