Xonotic Forums
[WIP] Weapon Models - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Weapon Models (/showthread.php?tid=1609)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - hutty - 04-30-2012

finally ... good job Big Grin

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - rocknroll237 - 04-30-2012

Anyone got any other weapons I can download? Tongue

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - W4RP1G - 04-30-2012

I followed the instruction from the merge request mepper submitted. I changed the first line and precache lines in qcsrc/server/w_rifle.qc and put the pk3 in my personal data folder, but I still have the same rifle when I test it in single player. Am I missing something?

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - Mr. Bougo - 05-01-2012

Did you compile the source code? You need to extract the sources to a separate directory (not in your data directory to avoid clutter), make your changes, compile them with fteqcc and put the resulting progs.dat in your data directory.

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - Maddin - 05-01-2012

The model doesn´t work in the game because in the package there is no iqm or md3 model, only the blend file (which isn´t supported by the Engine, or is it?). You have to use Blender and export the model to a supported format (iqm I guess).

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - poVoq - 05-20-2012

Sooo... when will it be in the game then? :p

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - hutty - 05-20-2012

probable another 5 forevers

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - Mr. Bougo - 05-21-2012

That's five "forever"s... That's like... fiveforever!

Hm, sorry, that didn't work out. I'll be over there if you need me.

It will be in a next release if it gets merged, I guess. Don't expect a minor version bump just for a model change.

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - hutty - 05-21-2012

oh ... I guess its only 4 forevers then

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - Mepper - 05-21-2012

There is already a merge request for it. But Mikeeee made it, so not sure if devs will accept, or even give attention D:

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - tZork - 05-21-2012

One problem is the model was made for the current rifle function. But new there's some who wish to merge rifle and nex functions in one weapon. If that happens, this model likely wont fit. Anyway, Mr. Bougo is correct that if it will make it in, it will likely be around next release. Best bet for you impatient ppl is to use the source files and makes a in-game working model out of it Tongue

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - hutty - 05-21-2012

5 forevers ... Sad

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - s1lence - 07-28-2012

Is it planned to have a new model for the mortar?

The current one looks bad.

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - rocknroll237 - 07-29-2012

I'm okay with the mortar. It only needs a little bit of tweaking imo.

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - machine! - 07-29-2012

Yhe current one looks awesome IMO, just tweak it so it fits in with the rest. Smile

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - rafallus - 07-29-2012

Hagar is in much bigger need of rework than this.

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - machine! - 07-29-2012

I like the hagar's model, but yeah, it'll need polish to look as good as the new models.

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - .Danny. - 07-29-2012

like the mortar model just needs retexturing I think. personally my favourite weapon in terms of looks and hagar NEEDS a remodel but hopefully it doesn't get taken off completely as I like using the weapon alot!

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - hutty - 07-30-2012

Technically all the weapons (escept laser - minstanex - nex) need new models ...

Although alot of the projects in this thread have died ...
I would avoid doing models until Samual is done messing up the weapon system ...

here is my view on if each weapon needs a remodel

no - laser -- as much as the new model doesn't fit for the laser ... its fine
no - shotgun -- model fits it perfectly ... no low polly issues either
maybe - mg -- there is a model in progress ... but samual says he is getting rid of bullets
yes - hagar -- needs model with sweet animations
yes - electro -- model looks dated ... needs to be any visible electro fluid needs to be sloshy
NO - crylink -- I want to keep the crylink with the model it has always had ... forever :3
maybe - rifle -- samuals cutting bullets ... and there is a finished model ...
no - nex -- just got one
yes - RL -- needs animations and awsomeness ... its kinda lame atm
YES - fireball -- ...... i dont even need to say anything about this one
YES - tag seeker -- same as above
maybe - HLAC -- it needs a new model ... but then it would loose some of its charm :/
YES - portolaunch -- gaaaa that model sucks
YES - ball thrower -- same as above
YES - hook -- looks like a plastic bag with a nozzle ... >.<
no - minelayer -- model is actually pretty fitting
yes - mortar needs a new model too

The main issue is new models need to be in better quality than the ones we currently have
  • high polygon
  • HD textures
  • Animations (look at overkill gun models)
  • Fit the style (look at new laser)

The other main issue is modelers who are scared to texture ... pretty much half of the models here have died of no-texture sickness ...

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - .Danny. - 07-31-2012

Are these official or are these just your personal preferences because, no offence but it should be voted on as to whether some weapons need redoing or not.

e.g. new laser model could be more fitting as hook instead hence reason not to finalise it being used for the laser model. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's mentioned this.

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - rafallus - 07-31-2012

Quote:NO - crylink -- I want to keep the crylink with the model it has always had ... forever :3

Actually, crylink could use some polish too, I'm not keen on complete remodelling, but some parts could be smoothed out.

As for hagar, I'm not saying that general idea is bad (IMO it's not), but low poly and quality of textures shows on this one the most, besides port-o-launch/ball launcher.

Quote:no - minelayer -- model is actually pretty fitting

Only issue is that "placeholder texture". Other than that, I'm fine with that.

I know that most models in fact could use some improvements (and ALL could use animation, except maybe nex), but those IMO stick out the most.

Quote:e.g. new laser model could be more fitting as hook instead hence reason not to finalise it being used for the laser model. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's mentioned this.

Don't forget spawn weapon replacing plans might throw this off.

Quote:Are these official or are these just your personal preferences because, no offence but it should be voted on as to whether some weapons need redoing or not.

Sure, let's vote over this, though admittedly, some of results are pretty much known by now (eg. hagar).

And bigger issue: WHO is gonna do it?

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - hutty - 07-31-2012

those were personal preference ... not official

and WHO is going to do it IS the biggest issue ... im too wrapped up with mapping and tutorials atm ... I dont have time for weapon modeling too atm...

although I think the best answer to this question is ...

why not u Sleepy Heart Heart Heart

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - machine! - 07-31-2012

Crylink is the oldest model, it need to be replaced tbh, its from nexuiz 1.

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - .Danny. - 07-31-2012

If you can't get someone to do something well do it yourself....I know I know but I have no technical no how whatsoever unfortunately.

RE: [WIP] Weapon Models - machine! - 07-31-2012

I can do one, sure, but it will look like crap, I rather contribute to the project in other ways, maybe code perhaps.