Xonotic Forums
MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Music and Sound Development (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC (/showthread.php?tid=173)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Maddin - 05-04-2012

Unfa, I am really impressed. Atmosphere, climax, character, everything included! Wow! This sounds so much different compared to your other tracks. You made a big step forward.

(I am searching for a new track for the Warfare map so... this one, modified of course, could fit. Smile )

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 05-04-2012

(05-04-2012, 05:12 AM)unfa Wrote: http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-HotPill-13.mp3

A track I've been working on lately.
I don't have much time to make noise lately.

Whatdaya think of this?

It's a calm track, with nice ambiance in it. The harder harmony at the end was nicely put together, but not necessary since the track itself was mainly calm Tongue

I also like that growing bass, and the random variety of background sounds.

Maybe if you would rearrange the track, and move that part you have in the end somewhere to the middle of the track with some enhanced drums to make some sort of transition between calm and hard, it might sound cooler Smile

But if you like it like this, it's good anyway Big Grin

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - unfa - 05-04-2012

Thanks, guys Big Grin Yeah I'm trying to round the transition between the calm and the loud part.
I'll try to post any progress with this track, hopefull it will become "playable" Wink

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - chooksta - 05-04-2012

i love the track unfa , simply beautifull mate , thanks for sharing it!

YAY!

t!

:^

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Mr. Bougo - 05-04-2012

Excellent! The ending is a little abrupt though. I'm not saying it needs to be that much longer, it might be just a matter of a couple of seconds or something, but it felt too abrupt to me.

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - unfa - 05-05-2012

(05-04-2012, 10:52 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Excellent! The ending is a little abrupt though.

Here's new version:

http://soundcloud.com/unfa/hot-pill-v-15

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Maddin - 05-05-2012

Now it´s perfect. And the second part may be a bit too loud but anyway, it should work. Big Grin

Is any of the music artists able to compose such a track for Xonotic? (similar beats, speed, etc.)

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 05-05-2012

(05-05-2012, 05:41 PM)Maddin Wrote: Now it´s perfect. And the second part may be a bit too loud but anyway, it should work. Big Grin

Is any of the music artists able to compose such a track for Xonotic? (similar beats, speed, etc.)

I know this track, and I have all of the UT2k4 tracks on my mp3 player, love them so much Tongue.

Sure , I'm able to produce something similar, maybe not with as much quality as this, since the UT2k4 tracks are seriously near perfection, but yeah, it can be quite an interesting challenge for me to do this kinda stuff Tongue

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Maddin - 05-06-2012

Would love you, if you´ll do so. Big Grin Really that would be awesome! The sooner we (I can help you with comments and critics of course) start with it the sooner the track can be added to the warfare map (which is my goal obviously). Btw: I should start a thread for the map... Rolleyes

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 05-06-2012

(05-06-2012, 07:59 AM)Maddin Wrote: Would love you, if you´ll do so. Big Grin Really that would be awesome! The sooner we (I can help you with comments and critics of course) start with it the sooner the track can be added to the warfare map (which is my goal obviously). Btw: I should start a thread for the map... Rolleyes

Cool Big Grin

I might come a bit short in time next week, but I can do some small stuff in the meantime, like the basic idea and such.

I'll keep you updated of any progress Smile

Making some nice progress on the track for Maddin's map Smile

Visual stuff:
[Image: Naamloos.png]

Progress on the track:
http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/progress-on-second-track-for

Didn't test the bass on my speakers yet, so it might be overdone atm, what do you think so far Maddin? Smile

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - [CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC] - 05-06-2012

Nice one!

It´s definitely going to the right direction.

The bass beat is good but I would prefer a more soft (I don´t mean less strong though) one (see the UT track for reference) and the rhythm of it could also be not that linear. Variation is the key.

The mid bass beats could definitely be more distorted. But fits the track.

The high beat doesn´t fit though. It does sound too cheap, hard to explain. And again, I´d like to see more variation, it´s the same tone all over the track. (see the UT track again for reference)

... oh and don´t be sad if it does sound harsh now. You made a good track for this less time, didn´t expected that. But I just want the highest possible quality for this soundtrack. Wink

(05-06-2012, 01:27 PM)Maddin Wrote: It´s definitely going to the right direction.

The bass beat is good but I would prefer a more soft (I don´t mean less strong though) one (see the UT track for reference) and the rhythm of it could also be not that linear. Variation is the key.

The mid bass beats could definitely be more distorted. But fits the track.

The high beat doesn´t fit though. It does sound too cheap, hard to explain. And again, I´d like to see more variation, it´s the same tone all over the track. (see the UT track again for reference)

... oh and don´t be sad if it does sound harsh now. You made a good track for this less time, didn´t expected that. But I just want the highest possible quality for this soundtrack. Wink

No problem, you have to mold me into the right direction Wink

I don't want it to sound too much like the UT track, so I'm also trying to put in some of my own inspirations.

Could you be more specific about what you mean with "high beat"? Talking about the percussion and the trebble-ish rythm elements?

And with "beat" you're talking about the drums right?

About variation, keep in mind that this is the basic body of the song, there is a lot more to be added, haven't put in the small variations yet Tongue

Thanks for your feedback though, I'll try to improve it on those points

EDIT: I would prefer it if you commented on SoundCloud, because you can put in timed comments up there, and that way you can be a lot more specific Wink

Ok, I commented the things on Soundcloud. But nevertheless show up your updates here in the forum that I´ll notice it. Tongue

(05-06-2012, 03:14 PM)Maddin Wrote: Ok, I commented the things on Soundcloud. But nevertheless show up your updates here in the forum that I´ll notice it. Tongue

Thanks for those comments Maddin, they cleared up a lot. I commented back on all of them, so go take a look again if you want to know what to expect Tongue

Replied. Smile

Oh and please post the new track then here! Wink

(05-06-2012, 04:01 PM)Maddin Wrote: Replied. Smile

Oh and please post the new track then here! Wink

Okay, fixed some stuff, added some stuff, but it's still pretty much the basic stuff Tongue

Variation and effects will be added in more detail once I start fine tuning the track.

Tell me what you think of the piece with the guitar, if you don't like it I'll just scrap it. If you think the guitar sounds like crap, maybe that's because it's completely synthesized, I have some more realistic backup solutions for that so no worries Wink

Here it is, it hasn't changed really that much yet: http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/second-track-for-xonotic

Just comment on it like you did before with the other one. About the boring part, haven't changed anything in it yet, so don't bother comenting there Tongue

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Lee_Stricklin - 05-07-2012

Sounds pretty good, reminds me of some of Unreal/Return to NaPali's soundtrack for some reason. Only real issue that I have with it is that is suddenly goes into an ending at about 1:50. I think it may need to be extended and looped a little better.

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Maddin - 05-07-2012

It´s still an early version I guess. Wink

Commented the track now.

About the high tones: Just to find out if it fits, please distort them that it sounds a bit like a E-guitar.

In the second part of the track the melody is too happy, which makes it really sound like a song of the ´70 and ´80s. Should be more suppressing...

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - chooksta - 05-07-2012

http://soundcloud.com/chooksta/speak-and-die

hi , had a little time to screw around speed tuning again Smile

its rough , it dont mean nuttin , its nutty :p

i like some parts to it , others i dont , but i like to share my crappyness anyways heheheh

enjoy! (or throw up everywhere)

t

:^

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 05-07-2012

(05-07-2012, 08:20 AM)Maddin Wrote: It´s still an early version I guess. Wink

Commented the track now.

About the high tones: Just to find out if it fits, please distort them that it sounds a bit like a E-guitar.

In the second part of the track the melody is too happy, which makes it really sound like a song of the ´70 and ´80s. Should be more suppressing...

It indeed is an early version, make that VERY early Wink

I kinda know what you mean with the second part, because I was starting to get the same feeling. Due to some silly reading mistake I misinterpreted your comment and made it "hopeful" instead of "happy", while you wanted none of both of em xD

Have a listen anyway, but I think it's still not really what you wish to hear. I have an idea ready to sort with this, but if you like this, I'll keep it!

The song will not be this short either, so there will be a proper ending gauranteed! I'll think about 3-4 minutes, let's see how hard it gets Tongue

Here you go, this is only that part I mentioned: http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/maddin-overhere

I'll change it again if you don't like it anyway

Well the thing I don´t like is that the synths/beats still have this cheap sound. It´s very difficult to describe. One reason why the UT tracks are so good is that they often use strings. --> Maybe replace the high beats with strings?

The track is still in the experimenting phase where different things should be tested. It´s worth a try! Wink

EDIT:
Oh and about the bass, I think it´s better now but still not what I thought of. Listen to this track:

This is the bass I want. Tongue

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 05-07-2012

(05-07-2012, 12:42 PM)Maddin Wrote: Well the thing I don´t like is that the synths/beats still have this cheap sound. It´s very difficult to describe. One reason why the UT tracks are so good is that they often use strings. --> Maybe replace the high beats with strings?

The track is still in the experimenting phase where different things should be tested. It´s worth a try! Wink

EDIT:
Oh and about the bass, I think it´s better now but still not what I thought of. Listen to this track:

This is the bass I want. Tongue

You're talking about bass kick drum? Or just the entire bass system?

EDIT: If you don't like the entire sound of the track, I can always throw this one away and start a new one, so let me know about it, but do it early Wink

Ok, I think we start again then. And this time we better meet on IRC at a specific time and directly communicate, discussing which beats and synths to use and which not. Still, you can make good music! Wink

Suggest a day this (or next) week, next Tuesday and Thursday would be ideal for me.