Xonotic Forums
MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Music and Sound Development (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC (/showthread.php?tid=173)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 07-19-2012

Working on something rough for Xon, might turn out pretty well, I hope the style will fit though though Smile

http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/sneak-preview-latest-track-for

It's just a basic preview of different components I've worked out put after eachother, didn't do much with slight variations and overall arrangement yet, that'll come :]

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - machine! - 07-19-2012

Nice work archer! Big Grin Can you make a pk3 for replacing the existing music with yours after you've done a few more xon tracks? Would be awesome! Big Grin With X-force as menu theme.

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 07-21-2012

(07-19-2012, 12:03 PM)machine! Wrote: Nice work archer! Big Grin Can you make a pk3 for replacing the existing music with yours after you've done a few more xon tracks? Would be awesome! Big Grin With X-force as menu theme.

I'll see what I can do for you, I'll PM you with a dropbox link soon Wink

Also, made huge progress on that track, official name is Dark Horizon now, mastering is improved, it no longer has that 'dullness', and also added a very neat intro!

http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/progress-on-xonotic-track-dark

Feedback is most appreciated Big Grin

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - machine! - 07-21-2012

Oh my... damn, that's just... amazing! Great job with that Dark Horizon! Big Grin The only feedback I can give is probably make the first synth a littler heavier. Smile

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 07-21-2012

(07-21-2012, 10:05 AM)machine! Wrote: Oh my... damn, that's just... amazing! Great job with that Dark Horizon! Big Grin The only feedback I can give is probably make the first synth a littler heavier. Smile

I'll try that, some distortion won't hurt, though I must keep in mind that it doesn't become as distorted as the main lead.

Also, tell me what tracks you want a replacement for later on Smile

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - machine! - 07-21-2012

I would like X-force for menu theme(aka rise of the phoenix) and then you can mix the others, doesnt really matter! Smile Thanks btw.

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 07-27-2012

Okay, Dark Horizon is nearing final version: http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/dark-horizon-candidate-for

Overall it's a very dark and brooding/evil track, perfect for maps with ruins, or night-time maps. I can already imagine the dark blue tint of the night together with it Smile

Just two things are holding this from the final version:

1.) The generally not very diverse mid-piece, might need to add more variations there.
2.) The overall mastering. It might be too punchy and bright for some people, or too heavy on the bass, a simple equalizer tweak can fix that.

Feedback is most appreciated, need some opinions before I can judge Big Grin

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - chooksta - 07-28-2012

tune sounds cool , but i felt it was just like the other game music out there..

im very sorry to say that , but i just feel that you need to do something wild to it , to make it rise above the rest.

in the comments , in soundcloud theres a post by someone saying "...as background music only"
and i know the tunes for the game are just that (AND A REAL FACT IS THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE THE MUSIC OFF WTF) but i think we should push that boundary to get gamers to turn up the tunes more....

how exactly i got no idea , but if music makers and developers keep deciding to make and accept safe and default music , then all them players will keep on turning the music down Sad

this game needs alot more tunes too guys , we have not had a music update for a long time (come on devs!) and i can see we have alot of tunes now that need to get loaded into this game asap!

all you music makers do excellent work and i think your music deserves to be in the game , for the simple fact that ya spent the time to make it and share it with us.

i realise the overall game file size cant be to massive , so i say why cant the music rolls over to new ones in updates? (monthly,or more..)

anyway...

archer , mate , you seem to be quite active here now , so how about helping the community and gather up the files from other tune makers for official submissions , because this has been a problem too , we seem to be missing a music dev boss , so talk to the devs (if ya want , im way too busy with work Sad( )

glhf

t

:^

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Mr. Bougo - 07-28-2012

chooksta, I think somebody is needed to coordinate music updates in the first place. They can't happen on their own, and I don't think anyone has time for this, so somebody should step up and ask to manage it.

EDIT: oops, I missed the last part of your message, sorry.

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Archer - 07-28-2012

(07-28-2012, 08:55 AM)chooksta Wrote: anyway...

archer , mate , you seem to be quite active here now , so how about helping the community and gather up the files from other tune makers for official submissions , because this has been a problem too , we seem to be missing a music dev boss , so talk to the devs (if ya want , im way too busy with work Sad( )

glhf

t

I wouldn't mind that at all if the devs allow me to.

I only hope I can put enough time and effort into it for it to be effective, because I have more activity going on in other communities as well.

I guess I'd need to try Tongue

Also, most people turn music off for duels and such, and don't bother to put it back on for the other games, like me :]

So it might be cool if there would be some kind of preset mute button for the music (the M key)

It's not a matter of how good the music is though, it's a matter of variation. In UT2004 I would always bother to turn music back on because there were so many tunes to listen at.

If the music is not good enough, I'll tweak and change it untill it is, and then it will be submitted at the music submission thread.

I can PM other musicians to do this as well of course, if they really think their work should be in Xonotic Tongue

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Mr. Bougo - 07-28-2012

Come on irc (#xonotic on irc.freenode.net, or this webchat link if you've never been on irc) and talk to divVerent about this.

(07-28-2012, 09:32 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Come on irc (#xonotic on irc.freenode.net, or this webchat link if you've never been on irc) and talk to divVerent about this.

Will do that tomorrow probably, using leafchat2 atm, works pretty well

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - chooksta - 07-28-2012

the music is good , but like i said ,( and it is only my thought mate) i think you should do something wild to it , do nasty things to it that you would never do , even if it went overboard then at least ya experimented and had some fun.

so heres my challenge to ya , finish it to how you want it (of course) , but i would love to hear a archer goes mental on lsd kinda remix of the same track , then when ya do it try to remember to go mental on any part ot the origional section that ya felt was cool , and throw out any music rule ya follow (just go nuts)

you do excellent work , but dare i say it........ you need the x factor Smile

(note chooky realises his own music is shithouse , hes always known that and has always let others know that it is , he also notes he has no musical training,but has done it for many years , and notes his music is made for himself first , then shares to all his friends out there , he also notes justin timberlake is following him on soundcloud and feels creeped out by it , he also notes justin is probally stealing his music and soul , t )

@mr bougo hai! <3 , never apologise to me because you know im a nutbag and goes on little crazy pathways now and then.
http://soundcloud.com/chooksta/writers-block <=== proof :p

t

(07-28-2012, 09:47 AM)chooksta Wrote: the music is good , but like i said ,( and it is only my thought mate) i think you should do something wild to it , do nasty things to it that you would never do , even if it went overboard then at least ya experimented and had some fun.

so heres my challenge to ya , finish it to how you want it (of course) , but i would love to hear a archer goes mental on lsd kinda remix of the same track , then when ya do it try to remember to go mental on any part ot the origional section that ya felt was cool , and throw out any music rule ya follow (just go nuts)

you do excellent work , but dare i say it........ you need the x factor Smile

(note chooky realises his own music is shithouse , hes always known that and has always let others know that it is , he also notes he has no musical training,but has done it for many years , and notes his music is made for himself first , then shares to all his friends out there , he also notes justin timberlake is following him on soundcloud and feels creeped out by it , he also notes justin is probally stealing his music and soul , t )

@mr bougo hai! <3 , never apologise to me because you know im a nutbag and goes on little crazy pathways now and then.
http://soundcloud.com/chooksta/writers-block <=== proof :p

t

Thanks for the tip Chooksta, we'll see how nuts I can go Big Grin

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - machine! - 07-28-2012

Great job archer, even if I like X-Force more it does feel much more mature and profesional. Can't wait for more tracks! Big Grin

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Smilecythe - 08-11-2012

Some bassy industrial, will probably be never finished

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/smilecythe/demo-b01/519080/

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - chooksta - 08-24-2012

http://soundcloud.com/chooksta/killl-the-robots

KILL THE ROBOTS!

made with my kids and the awesome mr uncle halogene !

WE ARE FAMILY! , KIDS , DADDY AND HALOGENE! Big Grin

ty , oh and this only took 30min or so , so DONT PICK THE SHIT OUT OF IT BECAUSE WE WASNT SERIOUS TO BEGIN WITH!

f,,k rules and same old same old ! :p

i suggest you all do something crazy today.

K GO

t

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Mr. Bougo - 08-24-2012

Is this thread for Xonotic music or any music whatsoever? I'm lost.

Chooky, you should make a thread in offtopic for your general tunes I think Smile

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - chooksta - 08-24-2012

this thread for any music mate , then if any good , should be bumped to a higher level imo Tongue

t

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - .Danny. - 08-24-2012

music thread for all music

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - Mr. Bougo - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 11:57 AM).Danny. Wrote: music thread for all music

"Xonotic - Development" section.

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - .Danny. - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 03:40 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 11:57 AM).Danny. Wrote: music thread for all music

"Xonotic - Development" section.

hmm okay in that case I did this clip. It reminded me of the music on running map.

http://soundcloud.com/waltzhybrid92/four-1

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - chooksta - 08-31-2012

needs more tunes guys , all can make and show here too (just read the legal shitz and requirements)

here good chance to get tune into game nerds

when it gets done :p

t

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - unfa - 09-12-2012

http://soundcloud.com/unfa/vacuum-flight-v-02

Check out my fresh tune Smile

Maybe it's too complicated to fit gameplay, but I think it's pretty interesting anyway.

RE: MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC - [CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC] - 09-15-2012

I think that one fits to Xonotic well. I like it !