Xonotic Forums
[SUGGESTION] Suggest maps - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Suggestion Box (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: [SUGGESTION] Suggest maps (/showthread.php?tid=214)

Pages: 1 2

Suggest maps - Cortez666 - 04-01-2010

There is quite a bunch Nexuiz map which are worth to include in Xonotic, so what are your suggestion.

Mine:
Bleach, aneursym, dieselpower, controlfactor, cb_ctf 4

RE: Suggest maps - Erusavion - 04-01-2010

I like gasoline powered. Seems to fit the new artstyle well.

RE: Suggest maps - kojn^ - 04-01-2010

Basically all the one's that cortez just pointed out, bleach needs a revamp though too many area's to get stuck on, perhaps a little brighter too.

I'll think of some more to add.

RE: Suggest maps - Cortez666 - 04-01-2010

(04-01-2010, 03:42 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Basically all the one's that cortez just pointed out, bleach needs a revamp though too many area's to get stuck on, perhaps a little brighter too.

well, thats your interpretation. My main goal is that these maps dont fall into the void and no one rembers them

RE: Suggest maps - Roanoke - 04-01-2010

Dance and sthctf or however it's spelled. The one with streets and two quads.

RE: Suggest maps - lopho - 04-01-2010

!!!!! egg and bacon !!!!!!

RE: Suggest maps - shoeberto - 04-01-2010

(04-01-2010, 05:58 PM)lopho Wrote: !!!!! egg and bacon !!!!!!
Really, you could just have the first release include only eggsandbacon, and I think everyone would be content.

RE: Suggest maps - MoonRise - 04-01-2010

What was mentioned by the OP and Monsoon

RE: Suggest maps - master[mind] - 04-01-2010

Hydronex(renamed obviously), Capture City, Block Scape.

RE: Suggest maps - Oblivion - 04-02-2010

Just some of the most popular maps:

gothic block, skycastle, stonecastle, fighterbay, gforce, ancient, go, dance, evil space, vector wars, saint, egyptronex, moonstone, spyglass, towers, soylent space, altars, trans, white noise

RE: Suggest maps - kay - 04-02-2010

maybe we could remake the ugly ones

RE: Suggest maps - Cortez666 - 04-02-2010

(04-02-2010, 12:28 PM)kay Wrote: maybe we could remake the ugly ones

why dont you name them? everyone got a different opinion on what is bad

RE: Suggest maps - kay - 04-09-2010

sorry, I didn't mean the word "ugly" I mean the one with low quality textures.

RE: Suggest maps - Sepelio - 04-09-2010

I'd actually quite like to try my hand at sprucing up hydronex with nicer textures, more detail etc. to fit a more space age theme and what not.

RE: Suggest maps - Vael - 04-09-2010

Doku and some others were chatting about this on IRC last week or so. One thing to keep in mind is the space theme. Unless Capture City and strtctf (I think, its the one with two quads) can be remade to resemble Couruscant I don't think that they should make the cut. The same goes for eggandbacon (Although that could be given a space-themed skybox and a "glass" floor or something at it might work better). I think the Arena styled maps (I don't know what else to call them, but there are a few with a uniform texture package that looks nice but isn't ridiculous) could also be modified to fit Xonotic pretty well. GothicBlock, Running Man and gForce are some that have this style. I don't know the map list like the back of my hand so I don't know if there are any more like that either.

Kay: AFAIK There is already a re-textured version of Vector Wars that looks really pretty. Also, some other maps are being retextured also. Check the dev site, thats where I found that info.

Map List That Should Stay: evil_space, soylent, fighterbay, go, dance_neutered (NOT enclosed), vector wars, gothic block, gforce, accident, aggressor, broken world, ctf_ftw (I really like this map, don't hate me), facing worlds, mentalrespaced, vegaspace, victory, skycastles, and transz

I know some of the ones I listed aren't space maps, but I kept it to non-space maps that could be easily made into space themed maps.

RE: Suggest maps - Roanoke - 04-09-2010

Perhaps we could have a group of maps shipped with xonotic (that have good gameplay and fit the theme) and a group of officially approved maps (have good gameplay, but don't fit the theme). This will make everyone happy.

RE: Suggest maps - Sepelio - 04-09-2010

Please do not remake mentalspace in any way shape or form. Or eggsandbacon. If we want a game that is better than nexuiz these maps should be flushed down the toilet. Nothing against the people that made them, I just think the maps are awful and have no place in a high quality game.

RE: Suggest maps - Roanoke - 04-09-2010

Eggandbacon should not be removed. It's not intended as a gameplay map, it's supposed to allow the user to test all the weapons. It does this well, and it should be kept.

RE: Suggest maps - lda17h - 04-10-2010

Mentalspace is a great map for what it's worth. Some people just dislike the gameplay on it. Many people love it though, for its simplicity.. Especially on public servers.

RE: Suggest maps - Mirio - 04-10-2010

(04-01-2010, 03:39 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: Mine:
Bleach, aneursym, dieselpower, controlfactor, cb_ctf 4

Hot maps!!
I wondered where controlfactor and capture city are on the publics.. they were popular and great. There are so many shit maps.

I would like to add Pushme (!), Reservoir, Capture City.

What about a Facing and Greatwall mix to get ultimate camp fest!!! Jk Wink

RE: Suggest maps - Cortez666 - 04-10-2010

(04-10-2010, 06:47 AM)Mirio Wrote: I would like to add Pushme (!), Reservoir, Capture City.

you know push me is just a dm map with some flags added?
I thought about optimizing sven capture city, since it aleady got some nice visuals. It would be much work.

(04-10-2010, 06:47 AM)Mirio Wrote: What about a Facing and Greatwall mix to get ultimate camp fest!!! Jk Wink

Which Facing world and which greatwall? because there are many of them

RE: Suggest maps - Roanoke - 04-10-2010

(04-10-2010, 06:47 AM)Mirio Wrote: What about a Facing and Greatwall mix to get ultimate camp fest!!! Jk Wink

You forgot blockscape.

RE: Suggest maps - Cortez666 - 04-10-2010

(04-10-2010, 03:34 PM)Roanoke Wrote:

You forgot blockscape.

thats the problem is one map controlls the nex there its over. that doesnt happen on greatwall and facing

RE: Suggest maps - Sepelio - 04-10-2010

I think blockscape could easily have its weapon placement changed to fix that though.

RE: Suggest maps - Roanoke - 04-10-2010

I was kidding. He said he wanted an ultimate campfest, but it's not complete without blockscape.