Xonotic Forums
netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps (/showthread.php?tid=2194)

netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - SavageDogg - 09-26-2011

I'm using the netradiant in the git package of Xonotic and sent the path but all I get in my texture browser are diffuse or color maps and no bump maps, normal maps, or specular maps. All the maps are in my git folder though so I know they are there so I'm wondering if there is a setting I'm missing in Netradiant? Thanks for any help in advance.

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - lda17h - 09-26-2011

You don't need to see them in radiant. At least that's my understanding. The engine uses the bump/normal/glow/gloss-maps automatically if they exist...

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - nowego4 - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 12:31 PM)lda17h Wrote: You don't need to see them in radiant. At least that's my understanding. The engine uses the bump/normal/glow/gloss-maps automatically if they exist...

That's my understanding too.

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - SavageDogg - 09-26-2011

Okay, so basically, if I apply the diffuse the corresponding normal and speculars will be applied?
When I was watching tutorials online, they had normal and speculars showing in their texture browsers

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - Maddin - 09-26-2011

The normal and gloss and such textures are only important for the engine. Since the NetRadiant isn´t able to render instantly there´s no need to see them. And it also would be a big mess...

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - TH3FTB0T - 09-26-2011

Now gtkradiant had a preview(static lights) for realtime lighting for id tech 4 games, idk if it works for xon/nexuiz

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - divVerent - 09-26-2011

No idea how to enable that light preview EVEN though I know quite a lot Radiant code...

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - Maddin - 09-26-2011

This preview you are talking about TH3FTBOT only works in GtkRadiant 1.6 (also know as ZeroRadiant), NetRadiant is 1.5.

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - SavageDogg - 09-26-2011

Thanks guys, you've been very helpful, I'll play around with it some more and see if I have any other questions for ya.

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - TH3FTB0T - 09-27-2011

NO Maddin it does work in gtk 1.5, make a doom3,q4.,, etc map and press "F3". -Edit: works in netradiant too.

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - divVerent - 09-27-2011

Yes, I just don't know what needs to be done to make this work in Q3A maps too. In NetRadiant, Q3A maps and D3 maps use a totally different editor, from the code base. It will be hard to make features from one work in the other.

But as always, patches for this are very welcome.

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - SavageDogg - 09-27-2011

But as long as naming conventions match, I can make a diffuse with the appropriate normal and gloss maps and they will be used? Say I made my own texture named "bloody_rock.tga" I can choose it and it will automatically find my "bloody_rock_gloss.tga" and my "bloody_rock_norm.tga" with them being located in the same file of course?

RE: netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps - Maddin - 09-27-2011

@SavageDogg: Yes.

@TH3FTBOT: Oh ok, then I jumbled something...