Xonotic Forums
Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - General (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Xonotic Duel Commentaries (/showthread.php?tid=2371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - kojn^ - 11-29-2011

It's a bind for CTF/TDM, it's right next to my nexgun bind and my ':]' bind, so I hit it accidently a lot when I'm bashing my keys Tongue

Yes, fisume^ may of got some frags if he did that, he may of not, one thing for sure was I was going to do him a lot of damage if he came in at me (which he did once and I did some good damage then), and even if he kills me, he maybe loses control of an item or is low on health afterwards anyway. So is quite hard to commit in certain situations, and is always very hard when I am very good defensively..You can see when he gets me down to around 50 health after the electro combo, he picked a good point to commit coming at me and got me stuck in the nexgun room, but I hit him with 2 nexshots and am able to get out alive due that and force him to either run into my spam and good chance he dies, or push him back.

If he hit 1 or 2 shots he misses then the game could of played out completely differently, was quite a close game anyway but glad people liked it.

We both tend to play with contrasting styles imo, but fisume is generally an aggressive player. We will have to see some commentary from his POV vs someone on some other maps in the future imo Smile

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Antibody - 11-30-2011

Here I am again with another commentary! This is Mirio versus PCLizard on the map downer. I hope you enjoy!

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - kojn^ - 11-30-2011

Will watch when I get home Smile

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - chooksta - 11-30-2011

OMFG!

WOW!

2G

watch this guys!

t!

:^

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - asyyy - 11-30-2011

PCL seemed to be a little lost or careless in that one.

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - nowego4 - 11-30-2011

Another good commentary.

Nonetheless, that map just isn't set up well for duels imho, no MH confrontations, easy spawn control, lots of jumpads. Whenever I see such and abrupt switch in control like that, it tells me that something besides player skill is having a large say where it shouldn't (Bad spawn, map size vs player number, weapons available, etc). It's not a bad map per se, but most matches I see on this downer tend to look a lot more casual...

Also 150 vs 30 ping just takes some suspense out of it for me. GG guys.

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Fisume - 11-30-2011

kojn^ Wrote:We will have to see some commentary from his POV vs someone on some other maps in the future imo Smile

In the future Antibody should ask then both players if they allow him uploading a commentary. He should also switch the pov from time to time and not just focus on the gameplay of one player.

(11-29-2011, 05:44 PM)kojn^ Wrote: he came in at me (which he did once and I did some good damage then)

[Image: i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there.png?1299910841]

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Antibody - 11-30-2011

I'm not going to be asking both players for permission to commentate a match. If I had to cater to everyone's interest then you'd see exactly zero duel, CTF, and interview videos from me. The intent of these is to increase awareness of the game and to give seasoned players (or those otherwise used to the game) insight into how others play, not to insult players. I think I've achieved the former while avoiding the latter, but obviously not everyone will feel that way.

For games that I have personally spectated I can change the POV, but a suitable match for that has not happened to date. People have sent me demos of spectated matches and I found it hard to keep track of their switching, or have been dissatisfied with the frequency/timing of their switching. This means that in the end I usually go off of one demo and try to explain what the opposing player is doing during the match.

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - kojn^ - 11-30-2011

Here here!

fisume I don't get this picture and what you are trying to say :|

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - nifrek - 11-30-2011

I agree with Antibody, if he considers a match to be a good one and judges that both players played well, it shouldn't even matter who the players are. I understand it's not fun to have a video of yourself losing but this is about the game, not a competition between egos (and I mean no offense at all by this, every competitive player has one, that can't be helped). He's the one doing the commentary, he should be the judge of what is worth commenting. If Antibody needed to ask permission of top players to show a match they lost, that wouldn't work. Besides, I would hope people know the result of one match doesn't equal the result of all matches.

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Cortez666 - 11-30-2011

sounds like antibody likes the map Smile

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - noobermin - 12-03-2011

Awesome videos antibody!

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Antibody - 05-06-2012

It's been a while since I've done a commentary, so here's a new one! This is srkdy versus nifrek on Aerowalk. It's an amazing, nail-biting match that I think everyone will like. I just got a new mic too that is crystal clear. Enjoy!

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Maddin - 05-06-2012

Antibody Wrote:In double overtime! Can you believe that? Double overtime, was that awesome or what?

A W E S O M E !!! Big Grin

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - .Danny. - 05-06-2012

gg

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Bolwind - 05-06-2012

I was greatly disappointed with the way you pronounced both players names wrong! It's "soar-ked-ee" not "cirque-uh-dee" (Soleil). I've no clue how nifrek says his name but I like "Knee Freak". Just kidding, but definitely do more of these, they're quite fun to watch and its a good way to promote the comp scene Big Grin

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Halogene - 05-07-2012

Cool match, was a pleasure to watch and listen!

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - chooksta - 05-07-2012

awesome stuff , cool moves! , cool commentry !

well done anteeebady and neat freak and soredaddy! YAY!

tnow i knee mawre

MAWRE!

<3 chewksaw

tee

:^

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Antibody - 07-05-2012

I'm back for the attack once again! Here's a thrilling duel between mudkip and Galtath on bloodrun. I hope you all enjoy!

I have no idea why it is pixelated at the beginning, but not to worry - it goes away after about 15 seconds. Happy fragging!

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - hutty - 07-05-2012

nice commentary

... and yes they are VERY talented ... ...

my matches with mudkip usually end up like my matches against you ... them 29 ... me -2

edit :: lol ... suggested videos are either -- other commentaries - or - pokemon

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - machine! - 07-06-2012

Cool commentaries! It makes Xonotic feel like a esport. Smile

Can't wait til I'm that good..

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - .Danny. - 07-08-2012

very nice commentary would like to have these collated on the official Xonotic channel if possible and to do this on a by-monthly basis. little by little that could be a means of gathering subscribers to the channel and thus xonotic.

but kudos on the two north american players. the agressive playing style was different to previous videos and fun to watch.

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Antibody - 07-11-2012

.Danny. - thanks for reminding me. My practice has usually been to create favorites on the official channel, so they show up there. I forgot to do that with this one!

edit - updated the xonotic channel's favorites

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Antibody - 08-22-2012

Here's a new one for you all: srkdy vs. galtath on darkzone. This is my first duel commentary done live using xsplit. I hope you enjoy!

RE: Xonotic Duel Commentaries - Halogene - 08-22-2012

Nice!