Xonotic Forums
[CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Map Releases & Reviews (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) (/showthread.php?tid=2697)

[CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - kuniu the frogg - 03-10-2012

Simple space CTF map, remake of evilspacectf from nexuiz.

What can i say, i know cortez will not like it, but it was one of my favs back in my nexuiz times.
I was trying to fix ultra-fast capping with one long laser-jumppad-combo, but still i wanted to give a possibility to move freely between platforms with laser- and rocketjumping. I kind of succeeded i think.

Download link:
http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/aviation-full-a11352a2ad4d040c45e50317106d1f3f1c878013-6af7236097df4376846dd5c070bd7ba5fe5c08d7.pk3

[Image: txaltqpx9vd5qo1uyep_thumb.jpg]
[Image: oqxm35kovum012bef6_thumb.jpg]
[Image: k0zlxpbo2qulb8sva52n_thumb.jpg]
[Image: w9jq5kcepwu75ex666k_thumb.jpg]
[Image: lm10hihun41i4vde34d_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 8aq4lq81fluaf9e3z11c_thumb.jpg]
[Image: qtcdmsqmehvgwoozhrm_thumb.jpg]

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - .Danny. - 03-10-2012

+liking the fadeout of the supports. good work.
+appropiate use of textures.
+i good use of lighting.
+colour scheme
+return of the jedi stairs (darth sidious aka the emperor chambers(they´re glowing nicely))

-think the yellow xonotic logos don´t fit in terms of colour though placement is fine.
-skybox horizon line (its neglible to be honest though)
-massive arbitrary pipes! (personal preference)

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - It'sMe - 03-10-2012

awesome remake Big Grin

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - Cortez666 - 03-10-2012

(03-10-2012, 06:28 PM)ItsMe Wrote: awesome remake Big Grin

we could argue about that.

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - jaykay - 03-11-2012

(03-10-2012, 06:30 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:

cortez, seriously, shut up or be constructive.

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - hutty - 03-11-2012

it does feel a little bigger .... but you forgot your waypoints

this is not SP ready

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - Justin - 03-11-2012

(03-11-2012, 01:36 PM)jaykay Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 06:30 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:

cortez, seriously, shut up or be constructive.
ON THE OTHER HAND: Saying: 'awesome remake' isn't constructive either, Is it?
I didn't play it yet, but Im will and give my feedback soon.
FEEDBACK: All those towers look the same. Map is very big, but it isn't too bad. The other thing is that those players who gets nexgun wins. very tidy and nicely edited level ( I like the bottom - all tese flexes, fog etc.)
Map is way too much repetitive, great size doesn't help either.Try to diversify it, make bigger variety of platforms, textures, etc.

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - Cortez666 - 03-11-2012

(03-11-2012, 01:36 PM)jaykay Wrote: cortez, seriously, shut up or be constructive.

Well, i hate i wish kuniu never revived it again. evilspacectf is one of the maps i never should have made. ok he spent quiet some time rebuilding it /rebuilding parts of it. He even adapted ideas from from my attempt to improve it. Also the game play feels quiet the same. I know he put quiet some work in it, even though the added details looking a bit misplaced and the general detail could be raised. Breaking up the floor with tiles or pipes, could be an idea, but nevertheless it's arguable if this map is an improvement over my old 2 version.
The improved texture resolution is not arguable! And at the end its subjective anyway, and for me sentences like 'we could argue about that.' as a response to statement are much more mature then stuff like 'TROLOLOLO THIS MAPS SUCKZ!!!!!!!1'

I hope this is constructive enough.

@hutty: waypoints have a very low priority during the map development. Maps which are posted here are mostly not in a final state, its about feedback for changes in the first way.
The waypoints get added near the end of the map developing process, when the map is almost finished and just some small adjustments need to be done. The waypoints depend on item placement and the map layout. When there are changes the waypoints need to be redone.

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - hutty - 03-11-2012

@cortez ... i guess thats reasonable ... but for a post in the release section .... ... ...

@kuniu ... it would be cool to have more towers outside of the course range ... so its not one platform all alone in the wilderness.
more detail would be nice ....
i'll do an extensive hutty's map report card later

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - kuniu the frogg - 03-12-2012

hmm bot waypoints are there, so maybe they're not working properly? I will take a closer look at them as soon as possible.

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - asyyy - 03-12-2012

Looks a lot like this: http://lvlworld.com/#i=1279 or the remake: http://lvlworld.com/#i=1807
That map was actually quite popular for cpma public ctf iirc, looking forward to play this on DCC.

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - jaykay - 03-12-2012

(03-11-2012, 05:12 PM)Justin Wrote: ON THE OTHER HAND: Saying: 'awesome remake' isn't constructive either, Is it?
true, but that is positive feedback. i have a problem with negative AND unconstructive criticism.

(03-11-2012, 06:37 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: and for me sentences like 'we could argue about that.' as a response to statement are much more mature then stuff like 'TROLOLOLO THIS MAPS SUCKZ!!!!!!!1'
agreed, but they are not more helpful.

(03-11-2012, 06:37 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: I hope this is constructive enough.
absolutely, thanks.

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - hutty - 03-17-2012

Possible solution for horizon line issue

1 -- make a new texture with gradient that is designed to stretch horizontally
2 -- make the gradient so it fades from transparent to the color of the fog at the horizon line
3 -- make the _skybox entity (put it in its own little bubble (see tech-assault for a good example of this)
4 -- make an inverted patch-mesh cylinder with the gradient texture surrounding the _skybox thing
5 -- if my theory is correct ... the fog should appear to fade to the sky ...

edit
example
here is a simple example ...

.. also xoylent uses one

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - .Danny. - 03-18-2012

couldn´t see the pic btw don´t know if this is just me though.

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - hutty - 03-18-2012

... i didn't post a pic ...

I can see all the other pics on this thread though

RE: [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) - noteven - 06-28-2012

i like it very much.