Xonotic Forums
Hi my name is Micha - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Oh Hey, I'm new, I'd like to Introduce myself (ohiniltim) (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Hi my name is Micha (/showthread.php?tid=2779)

Pages: 1 2

Hi my name is Micha - Micha - 03-26-2012

Hi my name is Micha:
http://stats.xonotic.org/player/2405

The forum told me that Micha is the name of a known spammer, so I couldn't register under that name. Wouldn't mind if an admin renamed my account to Micha, I promise not to spam Angel

You can find me in the evening playing DM and Overkill. DM is fun, Overkill is just awesome. Heart

Thanks a lot for all the good work!

PS: I also play XBOX Nexuiz, don't hit me Tongue

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Soelen - 03-26-2012

Micha sure is a nice and good player indeed, saw you yesterday on overkill; anyway welcome in forum.xonotic micha!

You want to change your nick through admins help and you are a proud owner of the nexuiz xbox copy? You certainly have balls mister! =D

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Mirio - 03-26-2012

(03-26-2012, 05:41 AM)Kackwurst Wrote: PS: I also play XBOX Nexuiz, don't hit me Tongue

* Mirio charges his Nex.

Welcome!

An admin should really change the nick. Tongue

IRC (QuakeNet): #xonotic , #xonotic.pickup, #xonotic.de

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Micha - 03-26-2012

Thanks for the welcome. And thanks admins for changing my nick Smile

Nice to meet you on MoN, Soelen!

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Mepper - 03-26-2012

Welcome to Xonotic, have fun!

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Maddin - 03-26-2012

Welcome to Xonotic! Good luck and have fun! Big Grin

Micha Wrote:PS: I also play XBOX Nexuiz, don't hit me Tongue
Argh, you... better didn´t told us that!

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Micha - 03-27-2012

Thanks Smile Well, XBOX Nexuiz is still more lobby waiting than playing. Nothing to fear from that side. But to be fair I'd also like to give you guys 800 Microsoft points, or 10€ if you don't accept MS points Wink More fun/€ than Illfonic gave me. Is there a way to give money to the guy who pays for the servers?

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Mr. Bougo - 03-27-2012

There's not just one guy. There are developers and server admins, all of them spend time and money to make Xonotic work. Get in touch with the person directly, see if they accept donations. If you want to donate to the devs, this has been asked before but there have been no donations yet. Contact C.Brutail about this, I guess.

RE: Hi my name is Micha - [CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC] - 03-27-2012

Welcome to Xonotic!

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Micha - 03-27-2012

Thanks Smile tZork is not interested in money for [MoN]. He's happy if I just spread the word. I've contacted Brutail.

Bougo, your signature irritates me Big Grin

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Mr. Bougo - 03-28-2012

(03-27-2012, 06:02 PM)Micha Wrote: Bougo, your signature irritates me Big Grin

I'm glad it does Big Grin

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Micha - 03-28-2012

Same response from Brutail. I've told all my friends to play Xonotic. I hope he'll give it a try Wink

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Mr. Bougo - 03-28-2012

That's one of the things you can do to support the game, yes! Smile

RE: Hi my name is Micha - kojn^ - 03-28-2012

Hi Micha.

RE: Hi my name is Micha - .Danny. - 03-28-2012

Hey Micha welcome to Xonotic.

Think at some point if you could list the pros and cons of xonotic and illfonic nexuiz? It would be nice to get some comparisons of the two games from someone with as little bias as possible regarding the two games.

But if not no worries, I´d just be happy if more people know about the xonotic.

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Micha - 03-29-2012

Hi Danny

I'm no longer unbiased. I'm mad about Illfonic because they just don't get things right. I even wrote a complaint to Microsoft that I'm a customer, no beta tester.

If you take all the problems apart, they created a beautiful and fun game. Art and graphics are fantastic, although player models are often hard to see because of all the effects. It plays much like Xonotic, you have auto bunny, health regen, the same weapons, strength gets a marker some seconds before respawn. But they removed all the stuff that gives Xonotic quite a random feel: melee and headshots are possible with every weapon, no weapon needs a reload button, you don't need special ammo for the shotgun and machine gun, you can pick up only one type of armor and shards and no health, the number of weapons is reduced. The dynamic mutators are fun, but some just don't fit in the setting (like the Xonotic ponies).

In short: it's like decluttered Xonotic with a strong artistic vision.

They b0rked the XBox release. If they provide dedicated servers and let us tune down the graphics, the PC version will be fantastic.

Xonotic plays faster, the graphics are easier to the eye, there's no lobby waiting, more game types, and Xonotic has the Overkill mod!

Currently it's a clear win for Xonotic, but the Nexuiz PC version might change that.

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Mr. Bougo - 03-29-2012

Eugh. Xonotic and illfonic nexuiz are not in competition with eachother.

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Micha - 03-29-2012

They peacefully coexist on my laptop and my XBox. But they compete for my spare time, and during the last week Xonotic has been my #1 waste of time Smile

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Justin - 03-29-2012

Easy to find out watching your statistics Smile

RE: Hi my name is Micha - .Danny. - 03-29-2012

Its interesting to know. Btw did you get into xonotic from playing nexuiz or had you heard about xonotic before the illfonic nexuiz version? I asking because I´m hoping that the illfonic nexuiz will work as a blessing in disguise for the original nexuiz community by raising awareness of the xonotic fork.

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Micha - 03-30-2012

(03-29-2012, 09:03 AM)Justin Wrote: Easy to find out watching your statistics Smile

Yes the hours pass like seconds...

Danny I read the name Nexuiz somewhere last year. I googled it and found the illfonic homepage. Some more reading led me to Xonotic. There were no players on the public servers, so I forgot about it. Feb 29th was the XBox Nexuiz release. I wanted to check how the Xonotic players like it and found there's 0.6 out. Now the servers are populated and it got me hooked.

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Mirio - 03-30-2012

(03-30-2012, 03:43 AM)Micha Wrote: Danny I read the name Nexuiz somewhere last year. I googled it and found the illfonic homepage. Some more reading led me to Xonotic. There were no players on the public servers, so I forgot about it. Feb 29th was the XBox Nexuiz release. I wanted to check how the Xonotic players like it and found there's 0.6 out. Now the servers are populated and it got me hooked.

Clearly the plot of a movie! Big Grin

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Halogene - 03-30-2012

HEY, I KNOW! Why don't we make an even bigger story out of this by re-quoting every single mentioning of that company and excessively mentioning it over and over again even without quoting and perhaps - has someone even thought of it - linking to internet resources related to the console version and the company? That would be soooo cool because eventually Xonotic will get displayed in the search list on page 5 or 6 instead of page 7 when you google for the company, too, which will bring us FREE ADVERTISING and a huge amount of new players. The downside is, that the company may appear in the sponsored links section when you google for Xonotic, but hey, who looks at them sponsored links anyway and also we have nooo problem at all with doing free marketing for them, no one has, not this community. We like to be useful, friendly and helpful. Always.

P.S.: Not your fault, Micha, I'm not trying to attack you, I respect your views and have no problem with them. This thread just happend to trigger my automatic sarcasm module which runs berserk every now and then.

RE: Hi my name is Micha - Mr. Bougo - 03-30-2012

Halogene: woa, that's new to me! I like this side of you Tongue

RE: Hi my name is Micha - .Danny. - 03-30-2012

Good idea halogene; even if it was out of sarcasm. I was thinking of starting a thread on nexuiz 2012 in the offtopic section of the forum, though I haven´t checked if there is one already.