Xonotic Forums
Track for Xonotic: X-force (Finished) - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Music and Sound Development (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Finished) (/showthread.php?tid=2965)

Pages: 1 2

Track for Xonotic: X-force (Finished) - Archer - 04-26-2012

Hey there folks,

I thought making a seperate topic might be more useful in my case.

I'm working on a track for Xonotic, it's VERY far from finished, but it's a beginning, lots of stuff still needs to change (mastering, overall composition, panning variation, and more). Here's the link: http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/concept-x-force-work-in

Please keep in mind that it's far far from perfect yet, so criticism is very useful for me atm and feedback is mostly appreciated! Big Grin

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Cortez666 - 04-26-2012

afaik new music only will be added if there are new maps, but there are no new maps which are about to be included.

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Archer - 04-26-2012

Then you can regard this as an "available" track after it's finished Smile

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Lee_Stricklin - 04-26-2012

Sounds pretty good from what I've heard, definitely looking forward to the end result.

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Mr. Bougo - 04-27-2012

(04-26-2012, 05:34 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: afaik new music only will be added if there are new maps, but there are no new maps which are about to be included.

On the other hand, music for new official maps will be picked from a pool of contributed music, after a community vote usually. So it has to be formally submitted with the sources etc. before it has a chance to be selected.

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Archer - 04-27-2012

Check this out! http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/x-force-candidate-for-final

Judge this one please, it may be the final version of the track!

If it's good enough now, I'll make a GPLv2 ready package, with the source (the Live set, and maybe samples depending on if it's really necessary).

Everything is made from scratch (Composition, drum rythms, synthesizer/effect settings, mastering), only used some drum samples from a powerkit from some random Soundfont set, all other things you hear are Analog synths (Literally Tongue) made from scratch.

Tell me if it's a bit short, because it's just 2:53 minutes.

Please listen and leave some feedback! Big Grin

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Archer - 04-28-2012

Okay, playtested the track by replacing traveler.ogg and playing Solarium, then I tweaked the track's mastering untill it was good enough for ingame music. Only issue I had was that it was too loud, so I reduced the loudness by 1 dB.

This is the end result: http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/x-force-final-version-track

Enjoy!

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - frostwyrm333 - 04-28-2012

even if there are no new official maps, community maps could use new music, right?

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Cortez666 - 04-28-2012

(04-28-2012, 08:30 AM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: even if there are no new official maps, community maps could use new music, right?

they are always able to use music which is not official.

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - forseti - 04-28-2012

Niiiiice, i have a map idea in mind for this music, maybe i'll use it for the CTF contest Tongue

(04-28-2012, 10:43 AM)forseti Wrote: Niiiiice, i have a map idea in mind for this music, maybe i'll use it for the CTF contest Tongue

Cool, I'm looking forward to it Tongue

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - unfa - 04-28-2012

Whoa! Good job, Archer! I love this one! Lots of oldish beautiful sounds, sounds a bit 8-btitish and brings me back to the times when UT99 was fresh and stuff. Nice harmony, rhythms and lead melodies.

I think you could still work on it, maybe make it a bit longer, add some totally awesome solo part.

It's a bit short for the game. Usual match would loop it 4+ times. Adding even little variation in a repetition could help it out.

But that's your track not mine, do what you please!

PS: Is this track made to loop?

(04-28-2012, 11:26 AM)unfa Wrote: Whoa! Good job, Archer! I love this one! Lots of oldish beautiful sounds, sounds a bit 8-btitish and brings me back to the times when UT99 was fresh and stuff. Nice harmony, rhythms and lead melodies.

I think you could still work on it, maybe make it a bit longer, add some totally awesome solo part.

It's a bit short for the game. Usual match would loop it 4+ times. Adding even little variation in a repetition could help it out.

But that's your track not mine, do what you please!

PS: Is this track made to loop?

Thank you for your kind comment! It's a bit short indeed, I already thought so Tongue

And yeah, the track is made to loop, almost does it unnoticably Smile

Perhaps I'll take a look at it and try to make it longer, will probably do so tomorrow!

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Lee_Stricklin - 05-05-2012

Just listened to the final version, it's vastly improved over the initial work in progress you posted. Well done! The extension is pretty cool and it loops alot better.

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Archer - 05-05-2012

(05-05-2012, 02:39 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Just listened to the final version, it's vastly improved over the initial work in progress you posted. Well done! The extension is pretty cool and it loops alot better.

Thank you for your comment mate! I'll probably make it a little bit longer because of a few requests, but this is pretty how it'll be indeed Big Grin

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - K__ - 05-09-2012

That's sick bro, great work! Big Grin

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - W4RP1G - 05-09-2012

I think it's great except for the high-hat cymbal during the fast parts. I feel the track doesn't even need it, but if it must stay, perhaps there is softer hi-hat that could be used? It just seems like it overpowers the rest of the music.

I'm also not a fan of the wave effect at the beginning, but it's not a deal breaker.

Otherwise, awesome track! Has a very UT99 feel to it.

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Archer - 05-09-2012

(05-09-2012, 12:25 PM)W4RP1G Wrote: I think it's great except for the high-hat cymbal during the fast parts. I feel the track doesn't even need it, but if it must stay, perhaps there is softer hi-hat that could be used? It just seems like it overpowers the rest of the music.

I'm also not a fan of the wave effect at the beginning, but it's not a deal breaker.

Otherwise, awesome track! Has a very UT99 feel to it.

I can try to use filters to reduce the sharpness of the hi-hat, since I noticed the "overpowered" effect too. The wave at the beginning is just to fill up the emptyness in the intro Smile

Thanks for your feedback!

(05-09-2012, 10:40 AM)K__ Wrote: That's sick bro, great work! Big Grin

Thanks mate Smile

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - K__ - 05-12-2012

Archer... can you make your songs downloadable, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOo amazing and I want them on my computer and phone Big Grin !

EDIT: The Journey of Light is your best song Big Grin

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Archer - 05-13-2012

(05-12-2012, 02:11 PM)K__ Wrote: Archer... can you make your songs downloadable, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOo amazing and I want them on my computer and phone Big Grin !

I'll think about it Wink

Thanks for liking my music! the more support I get, the farther I can come with it.

The Journey of Light was my largest project, so I'm really glad you enjoyed it Smile

EDIT: Okay, I'll do something else, give me a list of all the ones you like, and I'll put em all in one package on dropbox for ya Tongue

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - K__ - 05-14-2012

(05-13-2012, 06:16 AM)Archer Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 02:11 PM)K__ Wrote: Archer... can you make your songs downloadable, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOo amazing and I want them on my computer and phone Big Grin !

I'll think about it Wink

Thanks for liking my music! the more support I get, the farther I can come with it.

The Journey of Light was my largest project, so I'm really glad you enjoyed it Smile

EDIT: Okay, I'll do something else, give me a list of all the ones you like, and I'll put em all in one package on dropbox for ya Tongue

YAY! Big Grin Okey here's the list:
The Journey of Light
X-Force
Memories
The Chase
Game Concept 2.1
Concept 7
New Hope
Arise To The Top
Darkness Awaits

Thanks a lot Archer Smile

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Archer - 05-14-2012

(05-14-2012, 12:27 AM)K__ Wrote: YAY! Big Grin Okey here's the list:
The Journey of Light
X-Force
Memories
The Chase
Game Concept 2.1
Concept 7
New Hope
Arise To The Top
Darkness Awaits

Thanks a lot Archer Smile

Hmmz, are you sure about concept 7? It's unfinished stuff I'm never going to finish you know Tongue

Anyway, I'll see if I can make a package for you this afternoon.

EDIT: I think you might also like my old midi set, overhere: http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/sets/midi-songs/ Wink

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - K__ - 05-14-2012

(05-14-2012, 05:30 AM)Archer Wrote: Hmmz, are you sure about concept 7? It's unfinished stuff I'm never going to finish you know Tongue

Anyway, I'll see if I can make a package for you this afternoon.

EDIT: I think you might also like my old midi set, overhere: http://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/sets/midi-songs/ Wink

I know it's unfinished but it's still awesome Big Grin

BTW thanks a lot man for packaging the songs Smile

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - Archer - 05-14-2012

(05-14-2012, 08:16 AM)K__ Wrote: I know it's unfinished but it's still awesome Big Grin

BTW thanks a lot man for packaging the songs Smile

No problem, I treat my fans well Wink

Here ya go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51891186/Music.rar

There's a bonus track inside, made it as a soundtrack for one of my old projects.

It may take some time for it to upload, it's 61 mb, it should be done within 15 minutes from when I posted this.

Enjoy!

RE: Track for Xonotic: X-force (Work in progress!) - K__ - 05-15-2012

(05-14-2012, 09:21 AM)Archer Wrote: No problem, I treat my fans well Wink

Here ya go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51891186/Music.rar

There's a bonus track inside, made it as a soundtrack for one of my old projects.

It may take some time for it to upload, it's 61 mb, it should be done within 15 minutes from when I posted this.

Enjoy!

Thanks man Big Grin, your songs are awesome!