Xonotic Forums
What does your username mean? - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: What does your username mean? (/showthread.php?tid=3059)

Pages: 1 2 3

What does your username mean? - W4RP1G - 05-25-2012

I have no idea what most every username here means Blush

Mine is inspired but the Black Sabbath song "War Pigs"( listen here).

My in game name, P1G_V3n0m, is a combination of 2 old xbox live gamertags, "xW A R P I Gx" and "Hennessey Venom". A Hennessey Venom was a suped up Dodge Viper from Hennessey Performance Engineering, but now it seems they've moved onto a Lotus Exige with a Corvette engine.

So now I'm curious to see where everyone else gets theirs. Perhaps the username is a glimpse within the psyche of the person behind the keyboard....

Huh

RE: What does your username mean? - mudkip - 05-25-2012

this should cover it

[Image: 618px-Mudkip_wallpaper.jpg]

RE: What does your username mean? - Maddin - 05-25-2012

Hmm, ok. Let me think about my username... uhm, I donĀ“t know tbh. Angel

RE: What does your username mean? - Mepper - 05-25-2012

Mepper means something like hitter or smasher in Dutch.

RE: What does your username mean? - W4RP1G - 05-25-2012

(05-25-2012, 03:11 PM)mudkip Wrote: this should cover it

[Image: 618px-Mudkip_wallpaper.jpg]

Great. So now when you blow me to giblets, I'm going to be picturing an adorable Pokemon behind the nex Confused Talk about adding insult to injury

RE: What does your username mean? - unfa - 05-25-2012

Mepper: funny, I thought your user name was derived from word "mapper" meaning someone who makes maps Smile

My nickname means nothing. It's just four letters making a short sound. I don't like how it looks while using any capitalization, so I always write "unfa" with all letters lowercase.

I'm using this nickname for about half of my life....

RE: What does your username mean? - Loafers - 05-25-2012

My username is named after the thug Loafers Mcguire from the book Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code. It sounded silly and trollish at the time, which match my personal attributes.

RE: What does your username mean? - rocknroll237 - 05-26-2012

Quote:Mine is inspired but the Black Sabbath song "War Pigs"( listen here).

Dude, as a rocknroll fan, I declare your name (taken from one of the best metal songs of all time) AS F'ING AWESOME!

My name, btw, is just cause I love rocknroll! The 237 part came about cause I couldn't find any free usernames when I was setting up my email account.

RE: What does your username mean? - [CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC] - 05-26-2012

My name, hm? I don't really like it but as it is my very first nick I never changed it.
Why I choosed this nick? I don't know.

Edit:
@ Loafers: I read Artemis Fowl too.

RE: What does your username mean? - rafallus - 05-26-2012

Forum name: variation of real name, called like that since high school.

In game name: famous Polish game reviewer, known for pure, undiluted awesomeness. I wish he'd make English subtitles for the rest of world to grasp his greatness.

RE: What does your username mean? - Lee_Stricklin - 05-26-2012

My user name is my actual name. I've mostly been playing under it because by the time I actually got to play online regularly, all of the cool ones were taken. Though in some other games I am also known as AFreakinProblem and I tend to do a good job of living up to that name tag when your on the wrong the team hehehe.

RE: What does your username mean? - Spaceman - 05-26-2012

I'm actually a woman that likes simple, solid things like the earth. Vacuum is overrated Tongue

RE: What does your username mean? - Cyber Killer - 05-26-2012

Believe it or not, but I got my nick cause I was really good at fps'es (Q1 and UT mostly) over LAN in high school - none of my friends were able to pretty much touch me in a duel. I loved space maps cause I could humiliate them even more by pushing them into space... Over time nobody wanted to play with me, and my connection wasn't good enough to play over the net. Time passed, I was heavily drinking for a few years too and my reflexes rusted :-P. Now, after many (~10) years I finally have a connection that I can play over, but alas - my days of glory are long gone... I kept the nick though :-].

RE: What does your username mean? - Squigger - 05-26-2012

Squigger is a combination of the first letter of my first name, my last name Quigley and this Guy

.jpg   Tiggger.jpg (Size: 31.58 KB / Downloads: 260)

RE: What does your username mean? - Exitium - 05-27-2012

http://latindictionary.wikidot.com/noun:exitium

I came up with this nickname several years ago when I listened metal music and therefore I was inspired by that.

RE: What does your username mean? - Shadowman84 - 05-27-2012

Well I've been using the "shadow" tag for a while, but it used to be shadow108321, that's a pain to remember, so I swapped it out for "man", the "84" is 2 * 42 and is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy.

EDIT: I am an idiot.

RE: What does your username mean? - rocknroll237 - 05-27-2012

Quote: the "84" is 2 * 42 and is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the universe.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the universe? Wait... Surely that should be Galaxy?

RE: What does your username mean? - W4RP1G - 05-27-2012

Interesting stuff. I think unfa should win something for most random name.

RE: What does your username mean? - rocknroll237 - 05-27-2012

I'd like to know where Chooksta got his name from... Also WTF IS WITH TEH T?

RE: What does your username mean? - Lee_Stricklin - 05-27-2012

(05-27-2012, 11:37 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote:
Quote: the "84" is 2 * 42 and is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the universe.

There was an old text-based adventure game called the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe released on the Commodore 64. I actually have a copy of it as well as a magazine that has an ad for it.

RE: What does your username mean? - Mr. Bougo - 05-28-2012

This? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy_(video_game)

RE: What does your username mean? - rocknroll237 - 05-28-2012

Yeah mate. Galaxy, not Universe!

RE: What does your username mean? - kojn^ - 05-28-2012

kojn means horse...I wasn't aware of this till I played with a lower division team in ut2004 to help them out they were mainly Slovenian players.

I got the name as I saw a guy with koj as I was originally going to have that, so added the n. It's not actually pronounced kojin but that's how people say it so that's fine for me!

RE: What does your username mean? - Mr. Bougo - 05-28-2012

kojnojn is "wedges" in the accusative tense in esperanto. Apparently.

RE: What does your username mean? - Spaceman - 05-28-2012

(05-27-2012, 11:06 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 11:37 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote:

There was an old text-based adventure game called the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe released on the Commodore 64. I actually have a copy of it as well as a magazine that has an ad for it.

Going OT, but could you scan or photograph the advert? I'll have a look through my C&VG pile and see if they have the advert.