Xonotic Forums
WoX-BloX needs your help! - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - General (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: WoX-BloX needs your help! (/showthread.php?tid=3113)

WoX-BloX needs your help! - CuBe0wL - 06-08-2012

Yo!

The reason I start this thread is that I'm working a lot nowadays, and I fear I can't contribute alone as much to the project as I'd like to. The latest WoX-BloX was released in January, (so much for a weekly-two weeks shedule Dodgy ), and TONS of stuff happened since, not even counting the 0.6 release.
Since I can't keep up with the pace, I'm now asking for your help with the next upcoming issues of WoX-BloX. There's no set deadline for issue 4, but I'd like to see it happen in June.
This issue will be a mixed one, containing official development news and community too. I think I can handle the developer news alone (haha, probably not), but I'm mostly certain I won't be able to gather all the important stuff that happened in the past 4 (omg) months in the community (tourneys, cups, vods, movies, trailers, map releases, soundtrack releases etc., everything).
I'm also making this post in the hopes that this will be a permanent thing, with 4-5 people collaborating as a WoX-BloX team, and making posts coming in every month.
So, who's with me? Smile

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - Fisume - 06-08-2012

I will write down some stuff and send you a pm cubeowl.

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - chooksta - 06-08-2012

one day , a bunch of nerds made a game , it turned out kinda cool (except for the rocket gun) , all the nerds are having alot of fun and are having so much fun , they have to resort to man nappies to clear up the poo near their desk.

oh and tunes are missing out for game :p

t

:^

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - Mirio - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 06:53 AM)Fisume Wrote: I will write down some stuff and send you a pm cubeowl.

It's important to know about which things your write or you get 3 people writing about the same thing. Smile

I can try if I know what stuff is left.

Edit: Fisume said: About tourneys, duel commentaries, stats changes, community fragmovie, guides, new weapons design (8 weapons), simple items

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - rocknroll237 - 06-08-2012

I will write about the new Nexuiz release.

Haha, only joking! I'll be willing to help. But like Mirio says, we need to organise ourselves so everyone can research something different.
Perhaps we could do some interviews? Considering it's been 4 months since the last one, we have A LOT to talk about.

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - CuBe0wL - 06-08-2012

Fisume made an AWESOME JOB, I might just aswell post most of his stuff right now Big Grin

He has covered already:
Nexball tourney
Xonotic Quick Cups 1-2-3-4
CTF mapping contest
Xonotic Nations Cup
Antibody's duel commentary nifrek vs srkdy
Halogene`s "Basic basics, or what I wish someone had told me half a year ago", and fisume`s CTF Guide.
Xonotic community fragmovie trailer

Development news:
Xonstats changes
Weapons redesign
Simple items

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - Fisume - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 01:07 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: Fisume made an AWESOME JOB, I might just aswell post most of his stuff right now Big Grin

[Image: oh-stop-it-you9lktk.jpg]

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - Mr. Bougo - 06-08-2012

Image link dead fis.

Also, wow. Great job.

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - CuBe0wL - 06-20-2012

Ok, so because people are mostly impatient as shit, but not really helping (apart from a few, that I really appreciate!), Here's a small update what's already covered, and what's missing for WoX-BloX issue #4, which will be a developer's news:

Already done:
New Weapons design and new toys mutator (with screenshots 'n shit)
Simple Items (with video, screenshots 'n shit)
XonStat updates (with screenshots 'n shit)
Item timers for spectators (with screenshots 'n shit)
Cubemap reflections on playermodels (with video 'n shit)
Bezier curves for func_trains (with video 'n shit)

What's still missing:
New rifle model (with screenshots 'n shit)
New strenght mode ( (with screenshots 'n shit, and I'm still waiting for that model, but others have life too it seems)
New official mapping scheme proposal
8-bit Arena (with screenshots 'n shit)
WIP Vociferous (with screenshots 'n shit)
Two images, one that I can make only online (but that'll be relatively easy to do), and a staged on in Sandbox, I'd like to ask help for that, as I can't figure out how to pose the models (I tried, really, this is difficult as hell, and confusing).

I still accept help.

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - Mirio - 06-20-2012

Maybe release #4 with the stuff that is already done and another WoX-BloX with the other things few weeks later? Seems to be a lot.. and you know: "TL;DR"

It's not THAT long actually. Cubemap reflections are iirc 2-3 sentences long.
Writing a wox-blox is a very long, time consuming thing. Writing the actual blog is not that much of a pain, as Samual or Antibody proofreads it for me anyway, correcting spelling mistakes, awkward non english sentences etc.
The long part is actually gathering the facts (so I'm not talking shit), gathering the media (taking screenshots, recording demos, rendering movies etc.), and formatting the blog so it's easy on the eye, and wordpress doesn't puke itself from it.

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - K__ - 06-20-2012

I've been quite active in the simple item discussion/development, when it's finished and gets to master I maybe can write little bit about it Smile

That part is already done, but thank you Smile

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - K__ - 06-20-2012

Okey :-)

RE: WoX-BloX needs your help! - CuBe0wL - 06-26-2012

Again, update:

With great help from fisume, I'm already assembling the #5th issue. It'll be about the community buzz.
Like I said above, he has already written:
Nexball tourney
Xonotic Quick Cups 1-2-3-4
CTF mapping contest
Xonotic Nations Cup
Antibody's duel commentary nifrek vs srkdy
Halogene`s "Basic basics, or what I wish someone had told me half a year ago", and fisume`s CTF Guide. (<-These two might go into it's own post aswell, the threads deserve it alone).
Xonotic community fragmovie trailer

I still need to compile a list of released soundtracks, maps, Cortez's race challanges, and stuff I can't even remember.
So again... who's wanna help?