Xonotic Forums
Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Silica Gel: Do Not Eat - 03-23-2010

"The message is too short. Please enter a longer message" Confused

HAI

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - lopho - 03-23-2010

ha i!

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - d1337r - 03-23-2010

d1337r reporting in. Hai!

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - O.I.B. - 03-23-2010

Hello world of Xonotic Smile

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Ilaith - 03-23-2010

HAI!

This IS fun!

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - FruitieX - 03-23-2010

Good evening, gentlemen.
Looking forward to the initial release. Smile

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Will - 03-23-2010

Hi, I'm Will. I do quite a bit of ActionScript3 programming (flash). I post most of my stuff to my deviantart page, here. I also do some Python, which is also fun (:

I'm prepared to help with the development of the game, but I don't have any QuakeC or C/C++ experience. I'd also be interested in trying to port things over to a different (better?) language, perhaps Lua.

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Daphron - 03-23-2010

I guess I missed this thread... Hello there!

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Trev_Nacho - 03-23-2010

Hey guys

I'll try my best to get as many of my friends as possible into this game

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Liquid Sin - 03-24-2010

!citonoX evil gnol dna olleH

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - EvilSpaceHamster - 03-24-2010

Hai!
Im a programmer, happy to lend a hand, also a web developer, enjoy some graphic design (i am but an amateur) and I know Quality Assurance and software engineering rather well.

(03-23-2010, 08:19 PM)Will Wrote: Hi, I'm Will. I do quite a bit of ActionScript3 programming (flash). I post most of my stuff to my deviantart page, here. I also do some Python, which is also fun (:

I'm prepared to help with the development of the game, but I don't have any QuakeC or C/C++ experience. I'd also be interested in trying to port things over to a different (better?) language, perhaps Lua.

I don't think Lua is better, apart from anything else QuakeC is compiled for the quake VM, and as thus is rather speedy.
I'd love to learn QuakeC, or at least how the QVM works (I know C and C++ fairly well). I also use Mac aswell as linux, and could help test all that sorta stuff!

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - esteel - 03-24-2010

(03-24-2010, 08:07 AM)EvilSpaceHamster Wrote: I don't think Lua is better, apart from anything else QuakeC is compiled for the quake VM, and as thus is rather speedy.
I'd love to learn QuakeC, or at least how the QVM works (I know C and C++ fairly well). I also use Mac aswell as linux, and could help test all that sorta stuff!

Its not really about better.. right now the engine can ONLY use compiled quakeC. So if one wanted to use "an other language" it would require either expanding the engine or exchanging it. And both requires quite a some changes and porting the current code is not as easy as it sounds and can require damn LOTS of work. Some math showed that it could take up to two years to reproduce the current code.. porting will be some less work but still quite a lot.
Its just not practical and quakeC is not that bad once you got to know it. After all it was created specificly for gaming needs.
Besides changing the engine would probably require to drop some features, eyecandy, not to mention servers because of a different protocol. Its not just impractical but impossible within a realistic timeframe Smile

However i think Blub was working on adding some new language to the engine but i think the idea was to be able to have BOTH QC and this new thing work in parallel?!? Huh

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - r0tt - 03-24-2010

Hai peoples! Big Grin

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - quadratic - 03-24-2010

hai-lo

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - ImpulseNine - 03-24-2010

WASSSSSSAAAAAAP

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - ThePWTULN - 03-24-2010

Hai Tongue

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - master[mind] - 03-24-2010

Oi! I'm master[mind]. I have a decent knowledge of C(if decent means linked lists[which I'm proud of Big Grin ]), and can produce some very decent sequenced music. I hope I can help. I enjoy the less structured(i.e. company like) atmosphere here. That was one reason I wasn't so keen on helping with Nexuiz development. If it helps, I'm a quick learner. I'd like to see what I'm capable of before I hit the real Computer Science world. I am just glad to see Nexuiz reincarnated in a better form!

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Silverburn - 03-24-2010

master[mind], feel free to download the git repo and look at the code, even contribute things you might think useful.

Talk to the other developers about it.

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Samual - 03-24-2010

Ohaiiiiiiii

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - rabs - 03-24-2010

herro

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Erusavion - 03-25-2010

Erusavion here. Proud of the community for taking an initiative.

And, Hi.

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Sless - 03-25-2010

"Hai" Smile

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Karl Ranseier - 03-25-2010

Ohai.

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - edh - 03-25-2010

O hai!

This forum needs 3 letters in a username instead of 2, hence I have a really long name now. Suggestions for new sig/avatar on the back of an Internet please.

RE: Report in here! "Hai" - Thread - Vael - 03-25-2010

How - D!

My sig is great, but you can't have it.