Xonotic Forums
remaking final rage ........... - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Map Releases & Reviews (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: remaking final rage ........... (/showthread.php?tid=3607)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: remaking final rage ........... - s1lence - 10-26-2012

grass does not grow next to lava...

RE: remaking final rage ........... - hutty - 10-26-2012

which is why the existence of the lava is under debate (as shown earlier in this post ... )

RE: remaking final rage ........... - aa - 10-26-2012

grasss doesnt grow next to lava...
grasss does grow next to water...

maybee lava should be replaced by waterr?
and pyranias swimming in the water will kill any body that fellls into waterr

RE: remaking final rage ........... - Cyber Killer - 10-27-2012

I like 3d-ish & 3d better.

RE: remaking final rage ........... - aa - 10-27-2012

Ose 3d tiles look... wierd. there isalso wierd reflection on the wall.

RE: remaking final rage ........... - rocknroll237 - 10-27-2012

(10-27-2012, 04:35 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: I like 3d-ish & 3d better.

Me too.

RE: remaking final rage ........... - hutty - 10-27-2012

Ok .. seeing as many have shown concern about the lava being removed ... I am putting it back ... having the lower area be carved out rock (kinda like a quarry) ... then make the upper areas grassy and stuff....

the inside will still be tech and glowy lights ...

RE: remaking final rage ........... - Maddin - 10-27-2012

Sorry but I´m totally against adding grass. It´s just out of place and never looks right here.

RE: remaking final rage ........... - machine! - 10-27-2012

Lol, to me that looks really cool, I'm totally FOR grass actually! Big Grin

EDIT: Well, maybe just a little less, but i still want it!

I am for grass as well!

RE: remaking final rage ........... - Justin - 10-27-2012

I agree with Maddin, Can't you see our point on your sketch? This grass looks like out of place.

Note: Don't make the level white, because its extremely difficult to make good looking white map. Also white plus green won't look good IMO. Take your time and figure out good colors. I see it grey + green + a bit soft orange or sth warm for contrast... Im afraid lava won't work with grass. What about water?

Or try different approach:
Toxic waste and close to it some rusty stuff, a bit further clean futuristic style, with rock from place to place.
To make something like this you have to be VERY carefull and remember not to overdo it and mix every possible style.

Dunno, Everything is up to you! Good luck!

RE: remaking final rage ........... - Mepper - 10-27-2012

I do kinda like the grass Smile

But grass really kills framerate though D:
What I think looks even cooler and is more framerate friendlier would be hell. Make the level be some sort of cave, with lava and black rocks etc. And make the lava the only lightsource, that should look awesome Big Grin (although you will need to put a lot of extra lava-without-effect-on-gameplay in to brighten things up a bit.

Wgat the hell:? (:

Dont know, huttys origynal idea was that it is organic, and hell is the dirrectoppposite to organic.

thE thing you had described sounds reallly coool, and i think every mapper had started doing a map that looks like that.)

RE: remaking final rage ........... - Debugger - 10-27-2012

Your concept art looks great hutty.
But Im not sure if we actually need another version of finalrage, as we just have a proper one now (the visuals are ok, this might be improved but its still no official map).

On the other hand there are a few good old maps which need a remake/walkover such as aneurysm (is naryl working on it?), oilrig, skyway,...
I think you could better get your ideas into those maps as noone really remakes them/works on them atm; plus, there arent so many versions of them anyway. Keep up your work Wink

RE: remaking final rage ........... - hutty - 10-27-2012

if by "propper one" you mean lo's ... I am using lo's layout ... but the textures are left over from nexuiz ... low res and such ... also it is very lacking in detail ..

actually skyway is on my todo list ... I like that map ...

grass is not out of place in xonotic ... look at solarium ... looks great there (accept its all dry and crinkly ) ...

RE: remaking final rage ........... - Cyber Killer - 10-28-2012

I also like the concept, especially the hanging vegetation.

RE: remaking final rage ........... - rafallus - 10-28-2012

I have to agree with lava and grass not mixing. IMO grass and water would make more sense. Or lava and some techno setting. Or slime instead of lava in techno setting.

RE: remaking final rage ........... - Debugger - 10-28-2012

But still you should wait until L0's final_rage version is really "done" (which means that his version is completely fixed and final then).

I would just suggest to wait as final_rages graphics need a walkover sooner or later - rather later atm. However, you could announce here that you will do this. And since this will take some time I guess, you could start remaking skyway Smile

RE: remaking final rage ........... - hutty - 10-28-2012

Its going to take me at least 4 weeks before final rage is in anything near a presentable form ....
The way skyway was built makes it very easy to work with ... So working on both shouldn't be an issue ....

Well ... what style would you like skyway in?

(maybe I could move all my grassy leafy work to skyway ... and do something else entirely for final rage ...)

RE: remaking final rage ........... - aa - 10-28-2012

Ruins... Nuclear Wasteland... Steampunk...

(from bette to worse)(no idea what the last one is about)

RE: remaking final rage ........... - Cortez666 - 10-28-2012

if the final result has a continuous and its got a good atmosphere, no one will care about the setting.

RE: remaking final rage ........... - hutty - 10-29-2012

Note ... MAJOR WIP shot ... so ignore the wacky textures and exposed caulks ...

anyways ...

crylinks on a pipe now :3

RE: remaking final rage ........... - rafallus - 10-29-2012

Looks like Mario.

RE: remaking final rage ........... - Cyber Killer - 10-30-2012

(10-29-2012, 06:17 PM)rafallus Wrote: Looks like Mario.

I loled ;-D. But it's really hard not to see the similarity now ;-D.

RE: remaking final rage ........... - aa - 10-30-2012

Hutty, can i wonder, from educational purposes, how did you made that sphere?