Xonotic Forums
rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Music and Sound Development (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance (/showthread.php?tid=3656)

rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - s1lence - 11-10-2012

there should be a rushing air sound when the player falls long distances.

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - Squigger - 11-11-2012

+1

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - hutty - 11-11-2012

[Image: 3RR4Gk75TBzRbQ1C1ara17]

I support this ...

I would also add it when the player is moving very fast ....

(and add a no_rushing_air_sound entity for space ... and other areas that dont have air ... or sound)

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - Mr. Bougo - 11-11-2012

(11-11-2012, 03:57 AM)hutty Wrote: (and add a no_rushing_air_sound entity for space ... and other areas that dont have air ... or sound)

It's kind of weird considering that you still hear footsteps, voices and weapon sounds.

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - machine! - 11-11-2012

It would be cool, especially when your bunny-hopping really fast, if you also hear the air flow around you it would add such an effect and feel to the game.

Only con, might be disturbing for more competive players i guess...

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - hutty - 11-11-2012

[Image: 3hns0l5G9DeqMCeJ3bZMRO]

then they could just turn it off on the super competitive servers ...

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - Smilecythe - 11-11-2012

Would love a doppler effect resounding from walls and obstacles that you go by fast. Same if things goes pass you when you're a 'stationary listener'.

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - aa - 11-11-2012

YeAh, that sounds good. Now we have to record some s0unds of people falling and bunny-hopping at 60 km/h...

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - s1lence - 11-11-2012

or just record wind rushing

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - machine! - 11-12-2012

Never record the real sound when doing SFX. Wink

I saw a game were they had insanely nice gore spunds, and then in a devlog they showed that they just smashed watermelons to get it! Smile

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - aa - 11-12-2012

machine, why?

Ha-ha! a watermelon!!! Hilarious!!!

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - TH3FTB0T - 11-12-2012

like motion in Portal 2

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - Smilecythe - 11-14-2012

(11-12-2012, 01:30 AM)machine! Wrote: Never record the real sound when doing SFX. Wink

I saw a game were they had insanely nice gore spunds, and then in a devlog they showed that they just smashed watermelons to get it! Smile

One can get REALLY creative when you're in need of certain sounds. I myself made some flying bird sounds for one animation and I got the desired sound with waving toilet paper quite vividly in front of the mic.

RE: rushing air sound when player falls a long distance - s1lence - 11-15-2012

we already have a looping air sound in data pk3, as well as several other wind sounds. it's just a matter of using them appropriately

also, the sound could be played whenever the player has reached a very high velocity, such as off a jump pad or launcher.