Xonotic Forums
Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - General (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) (/showthread.php?tid=4066)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 05-14-2013

]Been through all the demos, thanks to everyone who submitted. I have got a ton of footage now for the movie and quite a bit of variety (a lot of telefrags also Big Grin)

Below is the majority of the frags that I need to still record, currently I have 63 clips recorded and this is atleast another 70 just in this screenshot, but I think the full total is somewhere in the 100 mark to record.

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - thimo - 05-16-2013

some airshot mortar stuff: http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/91457415/file.html @ after 0:33 so in the very beginning Smile

see, i started to get frags instantly after deadline Big Grin

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - SpiKe - 05-16-2013

Hi kojn^ ,

Here is the demo you asked me : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4199602/2013-05-10_17-45_atelier.dem Big Grin

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 05-18-2013

Quick update, only around 40 clips left to record but still will have all the Cams to do but will do them as and when needed, that'll give me around the 150-200 clip mark of recorded footage which SHOULD be enough for the length of the soundtrack, if not I will just ask for more frags to be sent in at another date in time Smile . Hopefully I can begin editing by next week although will probably take me a little while to get an idea how I'm going to 'piece' things together, have a few scenes already in my head although the beginning will be the hardest part to get things going.

Anyone who is good with photoshop, making logo's, name's etc, please let me know here ASAP!

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - bitbomb - 05-18-2013

This video sounds awesome already. Are you looking for animated titles for logos/names/etc, or stills?

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 05-20-2013

I need an animated title, preferably 3D in design and also playernames, when your next on IRC message me birbomb and I will discuss it more indepth with you what I require Smile

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 05-20-2013

About 90% done with recording the clips from people's POV, should be finished by Friday evening at the latest, then it's just sorting the clips out into folders, and the editing will begin! =)

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - Pendulla - 05-21-2013

Here's the demo you asked

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - Justin - 05-21-2013

Stop sending demos to kojn unless you want the movie to be relesed in 2014. Tongue

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - Archer - 05-21-2013

I still need to send one :>

Will try to find/send it saturday if still possible

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 05-23-2013

Only reason Spike/Pendulla put demo links is because I asked specifically for a demo I needed from them for Camera reasons. Not taking on any more demos at the moment unless I specify in the thread!

Finished recording all POV clips, so I can begin sorting clips into groups tonight and setting up the project settings ready for editing.

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 05-24-2013

First Milestone - Began editing the movie today for the first time Smile

Does anybody have any experience with 3D Animation?? I require something doing for the movie and if someone could help me it would be a HUGE help!

Please say in the thread if you do!

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 05-26-2013

Quick update:

Began editing and started from near'ish the beginning, hopefully by the end of this week I'll have somewhere around 3-5 minutes of footage edited (5 minutes would be near 1/3rd of the movie), this will be just basic editing, luckily I am off work all next week which is why I'll be able to get such a big chunk done! Smile

Going to start posting some screenshots as the build continues.

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - Antibody - 05-26-2013

Thanks for working on this stuff. I know we are all looking forward to seeing it!

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - SouL - 05-29-2013

Hello.

Sorry for the question but a demo is a video of someone playing?

Greetings Big Grin

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - Archer - 05-29-2013

(05-29-2013, 06:21 AM)SouL Wrote: Hello.

Sorry for the question but a demo is a video of someone playing?

Greetings Big Grin

Basically a demo is a file that has recorded the movement/location of all objects/players in its duration.

So you can play demos back in Xonotic, but they are not actual video files, you would have to record em first to make a video out of it Tongue

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - deoxys - 05-30-2013

[Image: snoring.gif]

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 06-25-2013

Haven't posted an update for a while, so thought I would go ahead!

Edited around 3-4 minutes of footage so far in what I would say is an 'alpha' state, hoping to get over 5-7 minutes done by the end of this month, then it's just a case of completing the other 8-10 minutes, which will be easier said then done Big Grin

When I get to around 2/3rds of the movie done, I may make a small trailer for the movie but I will see Smile.

I was kind of slack before editing, but I have been putting quite a bit of effort in recently and I have to say it is starting to come together nicely.

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - Pendulla - 07-12-2013

go go kojn! go go kojn! Big Grin

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 07-14-2013

Haven't been able to work on it much this week unfortunately, next week's going to be hard also, but I will try get some work done on it Monday night and Thursday/Friday night.

Going to post some screenshots at the end of the month also Smile

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - zykure - 07-14-2013

(07-14-2013, 05:38 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Haven't been able to work on it much this week unfortunately, next week's going to be hard also, but I will try get some work done on it Monday night and Thursday/Friday night.

Going to post some screenshots at the end of the month also Smile

woohoooooo screenshots! Big Grin

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - thimo - 07-14-2013

Keep up the great work, koejiiin! =))

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 10-26-2013

Thought I would update, resuming progress on movie from today. I'm going to hopefully have it ready for a Christmas time release.

Thanks to everyone who submitted footage to me also once again!

Will post a few screenshots shortly Smile

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - Mirio - 01-21-2014

Another unfinished thing, nice. "Big Grin"

RE: Xonotic Community Frag Movie #2 (Demos Wanted!) - kojn^ - 03-19-2014

It's still being worked on, I'm in the process of completing the 1st 2/3rds of the movie this week and next week. Then it's just the last 1/3rd to go.

I've spent 4 hours so far today editing some bits and making it flow a bit better.

I'll post up some screenshots once I have completed the first two thirds.