Xonotic Forums
[Map] No Peace Fan - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Map Releases & Reviews (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Map] No Peace Fan (/showthread.php?tid=444)

[Map] No Peace Fan - NoPeaceFan - 05-16-2010

http://omploader.org/vNGM3NA/nopeacefan1.pk3

[Image: s5pkz7tw43e5fkxp3xou_thumb.jpg]
[Image: fs3k17086neafdwrtrvs_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 0rvbe7q7fajha8jzr059_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 9gq2cfctm1mz43hcod5_thumb.jpg]
[Image: dtpup5egi1t00zot8f3_thumb.jpg]

A platforms-over-death-pit style map inwhich you hope not to fall to your death but attempt to help others into the deadly fan-pit, inspired by the original Unreal®'s Dm-DeathFan.

Please tell me your thoughts.

License: GPL.

Would you like me to make more maps for your game, Xonotic?

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - divVerent - 05-16-2010

THIS. IS. MIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Oh, and a small warning: the poll is PUBLIC. By voting, you subject yourself to an extensive... "questioning" via IRC.

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - -z- - 05-16-2010

I'll respond to why I voted yes here. Mikeeusa is someone who pushes the limits of the engine and mapping. They may not be your style and they are likely filled with propaganda you're probably not interested in. He does like to cause drama and is permanently on a few people's blacklists, including popular websites such as yahoo, blogger and the debian mailing list.

However, he is also providing answers to technical questions in his map sources. He is one of the most thorough packagers and makes it a point to include all requirements and chooses to extend the features in his own ways.

By appreciating what he does from a technical standpoint in his mapping, I am in no way endorsing his behavior or beliefs. I wish he would separate his propanda/agenda from the game/community but he has expressed that he does not wish the same.

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - FruitieX - 05-16-2010

(05-16-2010, 05:39 PM)-z- Wrote: I'll respond to why I voted yes here. Mikeeusa is someone who pushes the limits of the engine and mapping. They may not be your style and they are likely filled with propaganda you're probably not interested in. He does like to cause drama and is permanently on a few people's blacklists, including popular websites such as yahoo, blogger and the debian mailing list.

However, he is also providing answers to technical questions in his map sources. He is one of the most thorough packagers and makes it a point to include all requirements and chooses to extend the features in his own ways.

By appreciating what he does from a technical standpoint in his mapping, I am in no way endorsing his behavior or beliefs. I wish he would separate his propanda/agenda from the game/community but he has expressed that he does not wish the same.

+1. Well written, that's all I had to say.

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - clanclanclan - 05-17-2010

Note about the last picture: When attempting to smurf, it is preferable that you actually use a different name Wink

It's not fun when people make it too easy Sad

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - nifrek - 05-17-2010

The problem is not his maps or contributions, but his trolling. If making more maps means more trolling, then no. So, voted no.

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - divVerent - 05-17-2010

Making maps is productive and long taking work, and deducts time otherwise available for trolling Wink

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - PinkRobot - 05-17-2010

Haha, yes.

Although the vote is riggediggedigged: I also voted yes, for the same reasons as -z-.

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - Mr. Bougo - 05-17-2010

Same here

Also, PinkRobot, I thought you'd be away today? Tongue

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - CuBe0wL - 05-17-2010

Vote: No.
Reason: Go away!

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - divVerent - 05-17-2010

Good that the vote got un-rigged. Rigging votes sucks Tongue

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - VNilla - 05-17-2010

Wait a minute, why am I in someone's sig?? Is this good or bad?

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - Mr. Bougo - 05-17-2010

You're not, everybody is Tongue

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - PinkRobot - 05-17-2010

Rigged signatures.

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - Sepelio - 05-17-2010

Yeah we have been had. I was not amused Tongue

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - VNilla - 05-17-2010

I'm still confused.

Does the sig show the Username of whomever is viewing the forum? so if I signed in as an account called (purely for example) Choc'Litt Tongue it would show a marquee with "Choc'Litt" scrolling by? If so, that's pretty nifty. If not, then please explain what's going on.

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - mand1nga - 05-17-2010

lmao MrBougo Smile

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - Lee_Stricklin - 05-17-2010

Just like div said, it's kinda hard to troll when your too busy cranking out bad maps lol Speaking of which, this one sucks playing wise and it's missing textures.

Also, I've defended him once and I'll do it again:
As a person, Mikee is easily the single most *&@%'d guy I know of, however if he wants to do something productive for Xonotic then I don't have a problem with it. In all honesty I didn't see him start trolling this forum until he retaliated at one of his threads getting locked AND he stopped it after I PM'd him. Though knowing his history I can see why there would be a ban-on-site policy regarding him.

Also, what is it with div posting avatars and signatures that screw with people? That one that cycles through color names especially is screwin' with my head! lol

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - divVerent - 05-18-2010

The color names avatar is from Brainiac: Science Abuse Tongue

Oh, and this specific map isn't even that bad, just looks a bit bland and is a stupid circle arena map (but a well done stupid circle arena map - I just hate that type of maps).

The signature uses a special tag that inserts the user name of who is viewing it. I am not entirely sure yet if that tag being available is such a good idea.

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - Lee_Stricklin - 05-18-2010

Circular arena maps aren't always bad, hell a few of them are classics. A few that come to mind are:

Route66 (Marathon)
Morbias (Unreal and Unreal Tournament)
Core21 (user-made Unreal map also ported to Unreal Tournament)
Circloid (user-made Unreal map also ported to Unreal Tournament)
Space Noxx (Unreal Tournament)
Gael (well not exactly circular, but it plays like it is Unreal Championship, UT2k3, and it got a little butchered in UT2k4)
Revolver (Dreamcast Quake III)
Insidious (not truly circular, but similar play style Unreal Championship, UT2k3, and it was slightly tweaked in UT2k4)
DC SS_403 (forgot the actual name of it, Dreamcast Quake III)

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - VNilla - 05-18-2010

Ahh... I understand how the sigs work now. Thanks! (Still kinda weird, so I won't use it, but it's a useful reminder when I've forgotten to log in.)

RE: [Map] No Peace Fan - master[mind] - 05-24-2010

Yes! I can finally license my brain with the GPL!!!! w00t!!! Big Grin